跳至

首頁

尾頁

複式洋房

積分: 377

1#
發表於 10-3-15 19:06 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cutecutetown

I just had my eggs extracted today and thank God my body didn't react very badly after the operation, except a little dizziness and slight abdominial pain.

My question concerning this ivf treatment is as follows:

I had the last ultrasound scan on last Saturday and I asked my doc how thick is my uterus wall. He said it is 16.5mm. I asked my doc whether my uterus wall is "too thick" already, he then said there is no such thing as "too thick". On the same night, I had injected the 破卵針.

My period is rather short (from 25-28 days) and in last iui, my uterus wall was 14mm and egg size was 17mm and 18mm on day 11.

My question is: is my uterus wall "too thick" for ivf?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

複式洋房

2#
發表於 10-3-15 19:10 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cutecutetown

I just had my eggs extracted today. My question concerning ivf is as follows:

On the last ultrasound scan on last Saturday, I was told my uterus wall was 16.5mm thick. I then asked my doc if the wall is "too thick", he then said there is no such thing as "too thick".

My period usually lasts 25-28 days. In my last iui, my uterus wall was already 14mm and my eggs 17mm and 18mm on day 11.

My question is: is my wall "too thick" for a smooth implantation?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

複式洋房

3#
發表於 10-3-16 18:19 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Cutecutetown

Thanks for your professional advice. I think I may just be over-reactive in some ways. I will know my embryo results tomorrow. Yes, keep fingers crossed! :D

原帖由 cutecutetown 於 10-3-16 14:04 發表
Hi mschu,

Your doc is right, there is no such thing as an endometrium being too thick for smooth implantation.

The wall of the uterus builds up and gets shed every month, that's why women have perio ...

複式洋房

4#
發表於 10-3-19 18:47 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cutecutetown

As an embryologist, can you tell us if the quality of eggs and sperms is the major factor determining the development (or grading) of the embryo? Are there any exceptions there, I mean, are there cases where good eggs and sperms make poor grading embryos? If there is exception, is the exception (rather) commonly found in your daily practice?

Your comment is much appreciated.

複式洋房

5#
發表於 10-3-20 20:13 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Cutecutetown

Really appreciate your prompt reply.

According to what you said, and correct me if I am wrong, you seem to suggest that what appears to be good looking embryos may "sometimes or occassionally" be not so good because their "inner" genetic factors are not as good as what they appear to be? Is my statement 50% or 80% true? :D

Or does it mean that both 1) appearance and 2) the "inner" genetic quality of an embryo go hand in hand to determine the "actual quality" of the embryo, and that's why we would see those many exceptions and "surprises" outcome in reality?

Taking an analogy, is it just like when we see people, we cannot only tell whether they are good just from their appearance, but we should also look at their inner quality such as character? :D

One more question:
1. I am always experiencing sneezing and runny nose the day after intercourse (I have "nasal allergy"), is there any possibility that my body builds up resistance against sperms/embryos or that my immue system may be the cause of infertility? Do you think I need to do in-depth check-up with the doc?

原帖由 cutecutetown 於 10-3-20 12:31 發表
Hi mschu,
Generally speaking, yes, the quality of eggs and/or sperm has a direct relationship with the embryos subsequently developed. But also 2 things to keep in mind:
1. what determine the qualit ...

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊