跳至

首頁

尾頁

王國長老

積分: 171754

2024年龍年勳章 2024勳章 虎到金來勳章 牛年勳章 15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 2018復活節勳章 畀面勳章 有「營」勳章 好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 親子達人勳章 王國長老 BK Milk勳章 hashtag影視迷勳章 最關心BB問題熱投勳章 開心吸收勳章

1#
發表於 08-4-27 13:37 |顯示全部帖子
我老公話San Leandro同Castro Valley都好熱,San Leandro近ocean好少少,但Castro Valley夏天超過100度,冇泠氣會幾難頂。屋價大約30萬起,比起Daly City同San Francisco真係平好多,Castro Valley都幾多唐人,校區OK,唔係最好,灣區最好校區係Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin等,不就D屋就貴好多。Daly City 係幾大霧架,不過近海地區都係差不多,三藩市有D地區都大霧,例如Sunset。Mission 同Silver都要睇地段,唔係條條街都差,你要實地去睇下周圍環境先知架,如果D舖頭好早收,外面又鐡閘鐡枝咁,果個區好極有限,你又可以睇下周圍泊D咩車,好新定係又殘又花,後者多的話又係唔慌好,留意街上面D人係咩人,多唔多人係街度無所事事,你有小朋友要小心佢地安全。除咗黑人,墨西哥同中東及南亞都要留意下。

好難講要幾多,好多人嚟咗之後都發覺生活習慣要改嚟適應,例如香港以前唔興食唔晒打包,呢度就係人都咁做,好多仲爭住囉,打包埋白飯咁第日午餐就可以唔駛錢;用coupon、等sale先買嘢好普遍,仲唔止話貴嘢,連日常飲嘅奶食嘅蛋用嘅紙巾都唔例外。要記得三藩市的稅係高D架,相對最低工資都高少少。我估如果話要維持一家四口比較好的生活水平,睇怕都要有總共10萬稅前收入(以你有一架車,一間唔係太貴嘅屋嚟計)。

[ 本文章最後由 rose-mag 於 08-4-27 13:39 編輯 ]
花旗太太生活在花旗國,留意時差,你問我未必即時答到。

王國長老

2024年龍年勳章 2024勳章 虎到金來勳章 牛年勳章 15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 2018復活節勳章 畀面勳章 有「營」勳章 好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 親子達人勳章 王國長老 BK Milk勳章 hashtag影視迷勳章 最關心BB問題熱投勳章 開心吸收勳章

2#
發表於 08-5-13 00:55 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 babesiu 於 08-5-10 17:29 發表
30萬咁平?我朋友果間係Daly City十年前都三十幾萬.你地想搵樓做mortgage搵佢囉.佢好熟咖.

$300K is a minimum. Of course, Daly City is more popular area, particularly for Chinese; it's close to SF but lower in price. For DC, the minimum should be around $4XXk now (has just dropped a bit recently). My hubby is looking for houses in DC and Union City these days. We have checked out some houses in DC - a 4B2B with a big backyard costs around $500K but needs a lot of fixing works. Some of them even are cheaper but the neighborhood is not that good. So, I think that it takes some time for us to really buy a real house for our family.

王國長老

3#
發表於 08-5-13 02:09 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 SY_Mom 於 08-5-13 01:26 發表
rose-mag,

per mrs. chao (another mom in here), the houses in union city are pretty good-deal wor ....
for the houses in daly city, i would prefer the ones closed to skyline blvd.

SY_Mom,
Yes, I know that the price of houses in Union City has dropped a lot recently. Actually, my hubby targeted at UC first as he has friends living there. If we move there, he can hang out with them all the times. Just started from a few weeks before, he started to check also Daly City as it's closer to SF where our parents live. He has just checked out some houses in West Lake. There are 1 next to a school and another one closed to Bart station.

But, we still have not made up our minds to buy a house yet. First of all, he's going to be 50 soon and it's a little bit risky to buy a house at such an age. Secondly, my mom will not come to live with us so I have to think about babysit issue for both my son and my daughter. Thirdly, my hubby is the type that he would like to wait and see and that's why I said that it may take some times for us to really buy a house

王國長老

4#
發表於 08-5-15 03:18 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 babesiu 於 08-5-14 17:09 發表
其實而家入市都係時候因為減咗咁多息.遲d次按問題明朗化後,樓市可能掉頭升,咁就買貴貨喇.仲有你話你先生已經五十,如果要做mortage銀行唔知易唔易批喎.

Yes, it is a good time to buy a house as the prices have been reduced in many different cities. My hubby's friend is a realty agent and he's our advisor on checking the neighborhood and the information of individual houses. So far, he also recommends us to search now. He also bought his new house 2 months ago with good deal in a nice neighborhood. My hubby is going to be 50 but he has a very good credit score. We have initially checked with 2 different banks and we received advance approval on mortgage already. The terms we were given are quite good. But, we just wonder should we buy a house or just keep rent the current apartment (maybe waiting for someone move out and rent one more in the same building so that we can have more space for the kids in the future). Even though we can put more down payment, my hubby may have to delay his retirement to pay off the house or my son has to take up the mortgage later. It's always a dilemma - to buy a house in good school district and send the kids to public school or stay in SF and send them to good private school. We're still debating.

王國長老

5#
發表於 08-5-16 00:04 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 babesiu 於 08-5-15 11:10 發表
我覺得買樓都係積累財富既方法之一(provided你唔係摸頂買啦).供滿咗可以賣樓套現轉租.但如果係租,個個月比出去二,三十年後間屋都係人地既.你退咗休都仲要搵錢交租喎....不過美國既情況可能同香港唔同既.

babesiu,
The situation is a little bit complicated - the apartment building we are renting now is belonged to my 62 and my hubby has a share in it. But, my 62 is a typical old Toyshan Chinese and he will not let us live there for free (actually, our rent is higher than some of the tenants who live there for so many years). For some reasons, my hubby and I do want our own house instead of keep complaining to my 62 and 99 not fixing this or that in the apartment. The traditional old toyshan Chinese in here are mostly cheap even to their children. However, since my mom is helping me to take care of my daughter and the daycare fee of my son is only $800 per month, I really dare to make a decision to move now. I want to wait until my kids going to pre-school but it talks about 2-3 years' time and its' hard to predict the property prices at that time.

王國長老

6#
發表於 08-5-16 00:43 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 mrschao 於 08-5-15 12:18 發表
Rose-mag,

In terms of weather and environment, I vote for Union City over Daly City. You can hang out with me in UC!! But you also need to consider where you and your husband work, as well as the adv ...

mrschao,
I know that the weather in UC is better, at least warmer and not so foggy. You know, when I know that my hubby is considering UC, I'm quite happy as we can meet each other and have playdates for our kids. My husband works in San Mateo and commuting only takes very short time as he starts working at 7am. Traffic would not be a problem. However, if I still work in SF, it may take me a lot of time on commuting. Yes, childcare is an issue. Since my mom takes care of my daughter pretty good, moving out of SF means that I need to find daycare for both Spencer and Amanda. Amanda is really picky on letting people feed and hold her. She will not let anybody other than my mom to feed her and she's very seletive on letting people to hold her. She cries crazy if she does not want that person to hold her or feed her. Also, daycare out there in UC or nearby area should be much more expensive than in SF. So, I'm still 15/16 on the decision of moving out of SF. However, I and my hubby do not like the school system in SF. A lot of my friends told me that investing on daycare now means saving on sending kids to private school later.

Well, just like your case, finding the house you like and at the right price may take a long time. Particularly that my hubby is very picky and undecisive, I think that it may take some times for us to physically own a house.

首頁

尾頁

跳至