跳至

首頁

尾頁

王國長老

積分: 171724

2024年龍年勳章 2024勳章 虎到金來勳章 牛年勳章 15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 2018復活節勳章 畀面勳章 有「營」勳章 好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 親子達人勳章 王國長老 BK Milk勳章 hashtag影視迷勳章 最關心BB問題熱投勳章 開心吸收勳章

1#
發表於 08-8-9 13:56 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 rikaG 於 08-8-8 05:15 發表
I am going to live there very soon, my hubbie is an American, we have been living in HKG for a long time. I am sort of nervours, the life style is so much different from HKG and I don't have any frien ...

rikaG,
Welcome to USA. I live in San Francisco City. Which city in Marin County you are going to stay? There are quite a bit of good places to go there such as Sausalito, Muir Wood, Point Reyes, etc. How old are your 2 kids? I have 2 little ones, my son 2 years 5 months old and my daughter is going to be 1 in 1 week's time. You're right, the lifestyle in here is much different from HK. But, I believe that there're much to offer for the growth of kids in here: more space, more green, more choices. I have been moved to here for 4 years. Sometimes, I really miss the days in HK but 既來之,則安之;何處安居是吾家。Do you plan to be a working mom or full-time mom? When you would come over for good?
花旗太太生活在花旗國,留意時差,你問我未必即時答到。

王國長老

積分: 171724

2024年龍年勳章 2024勳章 虎到金來勳章 牛年勳章 15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 2018復活節勳章 畀面勳章 有「營」勳章 好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 親子達人勳章 王國長老 BK Milk勳章 hashtag影視迷勳章 最關心BB問題熱投勳章 開心吸收勳章

2#
發表於 08-8-19 01:50 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 rikaG 於 08-8-14 21:47 發表
Hi Everyone, thanks for your in-puts!
We are going o buy a house....I guess it is a good time to buy, right?
I have spent a summer at Sonoma last year, we had rent a house there. I found all hanging w ...

rikaG,

Everybody says that it's a good time to buy a house now. I and my hubby are also looking for a house for a while but have not found one we really like yet. Other than the price of the house, the policies of the bank on mortgage had changed recently. In early June, most of the banks just required for 10% down payment and minimum cash of 6 month of payment in bank. However, the policy changed for most of the banks, now you have to put down at least 20% for down payment even though you have a high credit score.

For earthquake, I think that there's higher risk in anywhere in SF Bay Area but possibly higher in SF and the southern part. Most of the houses built here are earthquake-proved. Also, I will not buy any one next to the cliff, seashore or where with the higher possibility of landslides. Old house is nice for the design such as high ceiling, spacious interior but you may need to check if the infrastructure and the construction need to be remodelled. For example, if the pipes need to be changed, if the roof has to be replaced, how old the stoves in the kitchen are, how about the painting, staircases, wires, phoneline, etc. If all these have to be replaced, it can come up to another $300-400k easy.

Forget to reply, for good yum cha places, I think that Koi Palace in Daly City that HappyMatt mentioned is pretty good. There are also some good places in San Francisco, Milbrae and Milpitas, depends on what kind of food quality and price you want. Good food can be pricey in here. For good Taiwanese and Vietnamese food, you may need to drive to Cupertino or San Jose. I have once been to Sonoma for a wedding dinner, the place was so romantic but it's really expensive.

When you would come for good? Contact me and see if we can meet and maybe we can coordinate to have a gathering with the other mommies here.
花旗太太生活在花旗國,留意時差,你問我未必即時答到。

首頁

尾頁

跳至