首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 709

21#
發表於 06-1-15 07:52 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Any mom living in USA now - Part IV

Mrsyip,

I can see your concerns after giving birth to baby 2. Maybe you can ask your lovely 99 to help you during the sitmoon month. I remembered you mentioned about putting your daughter in preschool, do you still plan on doing that? I will begin potty training natalie next month to get her ready for school in the fall. If she goes to school for 3 half days, I will have some freedom

Nillie,

Thanks for your advice. My hubby was actually thinking of taking a family trip to HK this coming winter. Hopefully natalie will be potty trained by then. But I know she will still need to nap If we don't go to HK, then we will go to toronto. Hopefully I can stop by NYC to see you and other NY moms :-P :-P :-P

Vennus,

Sorry I didn't catch your message earlier. It's so hard to logon to BK so I only go on about once a week. Let me try to add you onto my MSN messenger, I'm on almost everyday. I can understand the adjustment you're going through. I remembered when I first came to the states in elementary school, I would cry at school because I didn't have any friends. Luckily there was a chinese girl in my class who became good friends with me. Believe me, things will get a lot easier after a few months. :lol: :lol: :lol: Regarding your hubby's prize, you should definitely check it out. Even if you don't win the car, there might be other "jetso"...like free vacation...hehehe

Shiba,

How come eventhough I'm not breastfeeding, I still have the extra 10 lbs on me...woo woo woo :-( :-(

別墅

22#
發表於 06-1-29 05:31 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Everyone,

Long time no chat la...miss you all I wish you all a Happy Chinese New Year with Wealth and Health in the year of the Dog. 恭喜發財

Mrsyip,

I know many good schools will require waiting list. Just put your name down on everyone sin la :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow...$1400 for tuition...which school is that I ask for part time one in my city and it's $6xx for 3 half days from 8am-noon. I wonder how much it will be for full day...might cost more than a full time nanny...

Fookfook,

If your hubby is going to school here, he can probably get health insurance through the university which also covers you as a spouse for additonal fee. If you end up deciding to have a baby in the US, I think health insurance is a must. You can probably find out approximately how much it will cost to deliver naturally or c-section but you can never estimate the additional cost for prenatal, postnatal, and pedia care. Don't worry about language barrier, just find an ob/gyn that can speak chinese. By the time you are in the hospital..they can speak to you in robot language and you wouldn't care...hahaha....

別墅

23#
發表於 06-1-31 07:18 |顯示全部帖子

Sy-Mom,

From your experience with preschool hunting, can you provide some tips or keypoints as to what to look for during the preschool interviews? There are quite a few options in my area both with and w/o potty train, please help.

Fookfook,

Wow, $6000/year is quite expensive wor. Since you are young, it will definitely be cheaper to get your own health insurance plan outside. In terms of whether or not to have a baby now...I had natalie when I was 26, 2 years after getting married. To me, everything worked out as planned. You now taking care of baby requires a lot of energy..haha Regarding the citizenship issue, I know many parents that go to foreign countries to deliver just for that. Depends what are the chances you and your hubby will stay in US to work, etc... If your ultimate plan is to settle down in HK, then you should really think twice be4 having your baby now. Seems like you have doubts about if you're ready or not... ?-( ?-( ?-(

別墅

24#
發表於 06-2-17 08:32 |顯示全部帖子

Whalebb,

Hope all is well with your two girls. You are very good mother already. At least you dedicate yourself totally to the kids and family. You know some of us still struggle to find our focus between family vs. work. So be happy about where you're at la :-P :-P :-P

Zic,

Let me know if you have any more questions about the cruise. Carnival was pretty good. If you ended up coming to LA to board the ship, make sure you let me know so we can get together

Vennus,

Very sweet wedding ar I noticed after having kids, it's hard to celebrate valentine's romantically. Before my baby arrived, my hubby would send flowers to the office and arrange a romantic evening. For this year, he bought steak and shrimp and cooked dinner for Natalie and me. I was surprised that he even bought a present (2 tops) for our daughter. He said she is also his Valentine wor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muimui313,

I agree those cable services really suck in US. We tried to setup cable for my grandparents and the guy came and almost made my gramps lift up the furitures so they can get to the cable jack. They won't even lift a finger eventhough the customers are seniors...bunch of axx

別墅

25#
發表於 06-2-28 03:27 |顯示全部帖子

Whalebb,

Thanks for sharing the photos. Are both emails photos of Verniece or is one of them Bernice? I haven't seen them for so long la. How is your hubby...getting more used to life in LA?

Shiba-Inu,

Long time no chat la. How is sweet little Karina? She is such a good girl, I'm sure she'll get adjusted to the new childcare arrangement in no time. Take care.

Mrsyip,

Add oil la....you're almost there. Remember we will come visit you and eat the ginger vinegar!!!

Angiemame,

How are you? You are at the last stretch now... reward will arrive very soon. Call me if you need any help since we don't live that far.

Vennus,

Hope we can meet up on the next LA Moms Gathering. I think we'll have to wait for our 2 new members to arrive though (Angiemame n Mrsyip). Did you end up enrolling your babies into gymboree? We go to the location in San Dimas but I will probably switch my daughter to the Diamond Bar location cuz the facility is bigger.

別墅

26#
發表於 06-3-14 06:02 |顯示全部帖子

Mrsyip,

It was so nice to talk to you on the phone. Hope your baby boy will treat you well at home. I can't wait to come visit you and hold the little one in my arms

Angiemame,

So happy to hear your great news. Now you can finally take a deep breath with the arrival of healthy little angie Im so proud of you for doing this all naturally. I was a wimp...first thing I asked for was epidural Anyways, hope angie will be good girl and give you some sleep soon. Look forward to seeing you

別墅

27#
發表於 06-3-16 06:10 |顯示全部帖子

Whalebb,

You know my friend told me after doing the 絕育手術, her personality changed. She felt grotchy all the time and very moody. Maybe you should think a little more before doing it...or you can tell your hubby to do it instead :-P :-P :-P

別墅

28#
發表於 06-3-31 06:18 |顯示全部帖子

Nillie,

Haven't heard from you in a long time la. I'm very happy that everything is working out for you and your family. Time flies...Amanda will be 3 this year and Natalie will be 2. We started researching on preschool options hoping to get Natalie into some part time classes when she turns 2. Same as you, I don't like her watching too much tv at home. I believe she will learn more while being with other children. Anyways, BK is really really slow. Maybe we can talk more on MSN. Take care.

別墅

29#
發表於 06-4-9 14:28 |顯示全部帖子

Nillie,

Amanda is smart girl wor...can speak russian already. My hubby and I are hoping natalie can learn some spanish becuz LA is full of hispanics :lol: :lol: :lol: From watching Dora the Explorer, she is starting to count in spanish...hehehe. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You are very tough girl for keeping all the family issues inside for so long. It's good you can vent to us on BK. I know it's hard to share those issues w/ family and friends. Hopefully after your hubby gets into his new job, his family will leave you guys alone. It's just not right for them to keep on taking advantage of you guys Best of luck.

別墅

30#
發表於 06-5-26 07:29 |顯示全部帖子

Nillie,

Congratulations ar I wish you a smooth and fun pregnancy. Fat Bear Bear is supergood daddy ar :lol: :lol: :lol:

別墅

31#
發表於 06-5-31 02:03 |顯示全部帖子

Nillie,

When I was prego w/ Natalie, my grandma made me chicken wine. This is what she put inside: farm chicken (tow gai), black fungus (mok year), peanuts or black beans, rose wine (mu gwai lo), ginger slices, and dates. She will stir fry the chicken w/ ginger for a few minutes, then pour the wine and the remaining ingredients inside. After the soup cooks for an hr, she will add some fried egg strips to it. You can try try...very tasty.

Before bedtime dessert, you can make some birdnest steamed w/ egg white and milk (lots of protein and nutrients). For quick nutrients, I drank the Brands Chicken Essence (Gai Jing). Maybe it was too "bo" for me, I got pimples after awhile so I stopped.

別墅

32#
發表於 06-10-3 08:11 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Song,

I haven't been in this topic for so long...welcome welcome. I'm a part time SAHM with a 26 mos girl. In response to your question, arcadia and san marino both have great public school district. They are about 15 mins from Monterey Park and Pasadena.

Natmama
song 寫道:
Hi all mothers,

I am so excited to see this platform. All the US mothers chit chat here. 請問你們有沒有人知道在Pasadena, Montery Park (L.A,)附近有沒有好的公立學校比女孩子讀? 最好是老師有愛心沒discrimination,謝![/quote]

首頁

尾頁

跳至