首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 6731

1#
發表於 03-8-29 14:54 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 英文小說

Dear all,

I tried to read the English books or functions to enhance my English skill, such as Harry Porter Vol. 1 and Falling Leaf (talking about the Chinese lady from a rich family and her life from Shanghai to US, is a real case) but find more nouns that I can't understand. Some of them will be guessed the meaning, some of them will be found from dictionary. Later on, I give up to read.

So I admire all of you can read more and more English books.

canau

男爵府

2#
發表於 03-9-9 13:06 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,

Thanks for your advice.
I had read a book, 'Falling Leaves', read around 1/4 of the book. I read so slowly.
canau

男爵府

3#
發表於 04-4-30 14:51 |顯示全部帖子

I like this author, Ms Adeline Yen Mah, she is an American Chinese.

Falling Leaves

Adeline Yen Mah's childhood in China during the civil war was a time of fear, isolation and humiliation. The cause of this was not political upheaval but systematic emotional and physical abuse by her step-mother and siblings, and rejection by her father. Falling Leaves is the story of a 'Fifth Younger Daughter' and her determination to survive the pain of a lonely childhood.

She has another book, is 'Chinese Cinderella', is talking about her lonely childhood. I like this book because the words are simple. The target is for children readers. I want to make use of this book to learn more English. It's simple and not so long than 'Falling Leaves'.
canau

男爵府

4#
發表於 05-7-11 13:09 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,

Have you read the books from 'Adeline Yen Mah'?

Adeline Yen Mah

I like the book from her, 'Chinese Cinderella'.

canau

首頁

尾頁

跳至