跳至

首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 781

1#
發表於 08-4-4 14:50 |顯示全部帖子
Honeybeeyy,

Which city do you live? You can buy the "date" (hung joe) from those Chinese herbs store too. Though I never buy those before as my mom got those from HK and fill up my cabinet/fridge.

There are other asian markets besides Ranch 99 depends which city you live. I prefers to buy stuffs in Korean/Japanese market. I usuallu go to the Galleria mkt (El Camino/Lawrence or Han Cook (on El Camino Real in Sunnyvale). I don't usually but meat from Ranch 99 as sometimes I think the meat doesn't look too fresh. My hubby usually buy meat from Safeway (or some meat from costco). I usually go to Trader Joes every weekend and only go to Ranch99/Marina mkt once a month.

By the way, I live in Mountain View, work in Redwood City, son's daycare in Santa Clara.

If you go to SF Chinatown, the food is much cheaper there (compare to Ranch99). But I seldom go to SF and I don't like to go to Chinatown usually.

原文章由 honeybeeyy 於 08-4-3 12:59 發表
I've just moved to the Bay Area last week and learning everything from zero.... a bit hard... so would like to get some idea from the Mama here.

Regarding supermarket for Chinese stuffs, I went to ...

別墅

2#
發表於 08-4-21 06:52 |顯示全部帖子
honeybeeyy,

If you live in Palo Alto, you may check out Dragers's in Menlo Park (http://www.draegers.com/). They have international stuffs and I see they even have those Cantonese "mean c" (soy bean paste) in those paper-cardboard jar container. The price for those products are not as cheap as other places. It's good that they have different selection for you to choose and you can check out their sales items, too. They have decent cheese selection there as well.

I go to the whole food more frequently in the past few weeks coz I was in the area (cupertino one). I like to grab the yobaby yogurt there as they seems to have the $2.99 price tag very often nowadays (TJ's is $3.xx; safeway have it for $4.xx). My son loves to sample the cheese there and we had dinner there for the past few Saturdays.
I used to go to Nijiya more often few years back. Sometimes just grabbed the bento box there to go. Mitsuwa is not that on the way unless I go to Valley Fair/Santana Row shopping. Anyway, it's nice that Nijiya close late and it's closer to my house.

By the way, which Famer's Mkt do you go to? My husband (or we) go to the one in Mountain View every Sunday. Sometimes we were a bit late to get there after church's service.

原文章由 honeybeeyy 於 08-4-20 14:56 發表
Thanks for all the advice.

I'm living in Palo Alto and I have been to the supermarkets that mentioned by you guys :>

I agreed with bunnymonkey that Ranch 99 might be a place that only visit once a ...

別墅

3#
發表於 08-4-22 08:11 |顯示全部帖子
I know what you are talking about! :D I got those peaches couple times too. Fill up the bag, mix and match, for $5. I think I counted and it had over 40 or 50 peaches/nectarines.

原文章由 babytomato 於 08-4-22 01:53 發表
i love the farmer's market in mountain view, we usually go there after church too. there was one time we bought a whole bag of peaches (over 20 in the bag) for just $5.

別墅

4#
發表於 08-4-22 08:16 |顯示全部帖子
Yeah. I like Dragers too. Some of the items there are cheaper than the other stores. Some are more expensive depends on what you are getting. But most of the time, I may not have enough time to shop there after Church coz we would be catching the Mtn View Farmer's Market. Last Sunday, I went to Dragers coz we stayed in Church late so we know we will be missing the farmers market anyway.

The farmer's market in Mountain View is by the Mountain View Cal-Train/Light-rail station (Castro St/Central Expressway). They have it every Sunday from 9am to 1pm.
http://www.cafarmersmkts.com/mtnview.html

原文章由 honeybeeyy 於 08-4-22 05:29 發表
Hi Bunnymonkey,

I have alrady checked out Dragers several times :> I like their gourmet cooked food and cheese section and I found some good Italian tomato cans and souces that are priced resonable ...

首頁

尾頁

跳至