跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 3684

101#
發表於 04-1-13 23:45 |只看該作者

Re: 小眼睛看世界-兒童圖書分享

Hello~~ Haven't post message in this topic for a long time. Let me share some books that my kids (K2) loves to read recently:

- How Many? by Rick Walton, Cynthia Jabar
How many legs do ants have?
How many colours make up a rainbow?
This is more than just a counting book. It's a delightful toddler's companion - with favourite nursery rhyme characters, reasons, months, planets and lots more!

-Harold and the Purple Crayon, by Crockett Johnson
Harold uses a purple crayon to draw his advanture at night. Finally he finds his window and bed to sleep.

- Don't hit your sister and other family poems, by Ailie Busby

- I'll Teach My Dog 100 words, Dr.Seuss
It shows young children how easy it is to learn to read - even for a dog. The words in red are easily identified as the "taught" words which cover basic concepts like colours, opposites - and of course, counting to 100!

複式洋房

積分: 447

102#
發表於 04-1-25 00:39 |只看該作者

Hi MicIp,

Can you pls email me the list:

[email protected]

Many thanks

禁止訪問

積分: 717

103#
發表於 04-1-26 16:36 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

男爵府

積分: 6353

hashtag影視迷勳章

104#
發表於 04-1-27 23:50 |只看該作者

Dear all,

在玩具反斗城發覺有Clifford的書賣.一套12本細書放在一個盒內,主要集中在phonics.我買了四packs,from packs 3 to 6. Packs 1 and 2 no stocks.每套售$129.9.喜歡Clifford的小朋友可以買來看看.

另外如小朋友大些,如讀p.2 - p.6,可以在圖書館借閱一套名為中華文明之窗的叢書.一套五本書.我大仔很喜歡看.這套書用淺白的文字及卡通漫畫介紹中國的文化.如開門七件事是什麼,為什麼要守孝等等.書名如下:-
1. 中華飲食的故事;
2. 中華習俗的故事;
3. 中華工藝的故事;
4. 中華文化的故事;
5. 中華武術的故事.

除了中華武術的故事尚未借閱外,其他的大仔都會看多次.

民房

積分: 128

105#
發表於 04-1-30 11:22 |只看該作者

各位,

多謝你們的分享, 請問可否提供多點中文圖書for 5-6 yrs old boy.

Thanks

別墅

積分: 547

106#
發表於 04-2-9 11:03 |只看該作者

MicIp,

Much appreciated if you can forward the information to me at [email protected]

Thanks

禁止訪問

積分: 47

107#
發表於 04-2-19 12:51 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

男爵府

積分: 5512

開心吸收勳章 好媽媽勳章

108#
發表於 04-2-24 14:30 |只看該作者

delete
梁媽媽

男爵府

hashtag影視迷勳章

109#
發表於 04-3-3 16:16 |只看該作者

Dear all,

最近細仔看了兩本書,都很攪笑及有趣.那是:-

1. The Berenstain Bears - Big Bear, Small Bear (Step into Reading, Step 1).小朋友可以從圖畫理解大小的概念又不失有趣.

2. Say Cheese (Road to Reading, Mile 1),同樣只看圖畫理解故事內容又有趣.結局出人意料,不用文字,只可理會,不過,可能大人會忽略,小朋友則不會.

上述兩本書可以在圖書館借閱.

男爵府

hashtag影視迷勳章

110#
發表於 04-3-4 15:10 |只看該作者

Dear 騰鷄媽,

突然想起你可以給小朋友看"晶晶圖畫故事叢書".我知道在幾年前已出了有40本,其中有小兔子送紅蘿蔔,小熊洗澡等等,很多幼稚園都用來講故事.

複式洋房

積分: 442

111#
發表於 04-3-11 12:57 |只看該作者

Hi CSK,

Thank you for recommending to BK members some months ago a box set of DVDs called "Jumbo Box of Storybook Classics" (US$ 62.96). I think reading reinforced by video is effective in bringing up an avid reader. But before I place my order, may I have your following advice:

(a) Are the videos animated cartoon? I find some videos are nothing more than pages of books on a screen.
(b) Other than amazon.com, is there anywhere else I can buy it at a cheaper price?
(c) When compared with Scholastic Video Collection Super Set (US$92.4), which one is a better choice?

Thanks for your advice.

Jokey2828

男爵府

積分: 9071

開心吸收勳章

112#
發表於 04-3-11 14:03 |只看該作者

Jokey2828

How old is your child? If he/she is under 4, I definitely will buy Scholastic Video Collection Super Set. All the books are written by well known authors with good illustrations. This set consists of 11 DVD which is an extention of Jumbo Box of Storybook Classics (6 DVD only). I find the additional DVD Good Night Gorilla, Harry the Dirty Dog most appealing because they contain my son's favourite stories, How do Dinosaurs Say Good Night and Officer Buckle & Gloria. It is also more economical to buy this bigger set as you pay the same handling and shipping charge.

Since I have not seen the DVD myself, it is very difficult to give comment but I like the read along function. You may refer to the buyers' comments and make the decision, or you borrow the books from library and see if you really like them before you place the order. Please share you comment if you really make the purchase.

I have ordered books from yesasia.com before. Good service and no shipping charge.

複式洋房

113#
發表於 04-3-13 09:48 |只看該作者

Thanks CSK for your quick response.

My child is 4 years old now. She has some of the books covered by the DVDs, and she likes them very much. So I wonder if it is worth investing some $800 on the Superset. Both box sets are rated 5 stars at amazon.com.

Do you mean that you don't have either set of the DVDs, and your comments refer to the books? In view of your remark, do you think that the Super Set is good for a 4-year old? Thank you again for your advice.

Jokey2828

男爵府

開心吸收勳章

114#
發表於 04-3-15 12:49 |只看該作者

Jokey2828

My son and I have read over half of the stories in the DVD set. Therefore, I recommend the DVD set based on the facts that the stories are interesting and they are written by famous children book authors and illustrators. Also, Scholastic is a reputable publisher . I once watched the demo on the story Good Night, Gorilla from a book store web in Taiwan which is very simialr to the book. I believe the DVDs provide good immersion for learning English when children watch the animation and the stories are read by native speakers with subtitles. It is good that you owned some of the books, if your child can read by herself, it is great! Otherwise, she can pick up the native accent and tone from the DVD which is indeed a bonus.

The DVD set is quite costly, so it is up to you to buy the set.

複式洋房

115#
發表於 04-3-15 13:22 |只看該作者

Hi csk,

Yes, you are right. Learning the native accent and pronunciation is a bonus for watching the DVDs.

Thank you for your sharing.

Jokey2828

大宅

積分: 2290

116#
發表於 04-3-18 17:43 |只看該作者

今天逛書店見到很多 Sesame Street 系列的兒童書, 很有親切感, 可以說, 小女是看芝麻街毛毛 (elmo) 書長大的. 我覺得 CTW (Children's Television Workshop) 是一間很有誠意的製作公司, 不論兒書, 電視節目或vcd 系列, 都看得出製作人是用心啟導小眼睛去認識觀察大世界, 同時照顧小朋友在成長期遇到的心理問題, 做得很體貼, 很溫情

原本打算詳細介紹幾本女兒小時候揭得殘殘爛爛的貼身小書, 不過我剛上 Amazon search 過, 大部分都已經絕版了, 公共圖書館目錄也找不著很多; 既然這段 message 已打了一半, 姑且把書名貼上來, 希望大家日後逛書店, 不妨多點留意小女的閏中好友毛毛 (elmo) 和他的一班芝麻街朋友仔!

不知道本地書店會不會有存貨, 好書 title 如下:

"Growing-Up Series"
* Just Like Ernie
* When is My Birthday?
* Nothing to Do
* That Makes Me Angry!
* Oh, I am so Embarrassed!
* Elmo Gets Homesick
* Big Bird Can Share
* Grover's Bad Awful Day
* Best Friends
* No Red Monsters Allowed
* Scared of the Dark
* Grover Sleeps Over
以上故事書有獨立版 (Publisher: Golden Books), 也有 all-in-one version, 書名就叫做 My Growing-Up Book (Publisher: Merrigold Press).

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
* I Want to be a DOCTOR
* I Want to be a FIREFIGHTER
* I Want to be a POLICE OFFICER
* I Want to be a PILOT
* I Want to be PRESIDENT
* I Want to be a COWBOY
(Publisher: Golden Books)

Random House Pictureback Series:
* A Visit to the Sesame Street Aquarium
* A Visit to the Sesame Street Firehouse
* A Visit to the Sesame Street Hospital
* A Visit to the Sesame Street Library
* A Visit to the Sesame Street Museum
* A Visit to the Sesame Street Zoo
(備有中文簡體字版, 我先生曾在廣州買過)

大宅

積分: 3684

117#
發表於 04-3-23 00:22 |只看該作者

今天逛 Dymocks 見到有很多唔同出版社的Readers Series, 由 Preschool 到 Grade 3. 我就買左兩本 Level 2 的:

- Step into Reading with BONES
Small bones. Big bones. All your bones are important! Learn about the skeleton inside you when you read this simple book
這本書用很淺白的英文生動有趣地教小朋友認識bones, skeleton, joints, muscle.

- You can't smell a flower with your ear!
How can your tongue tell a sweet taste from a sour one? How do your ears know which way a sound is coming from? Find out in this book - you can read it all by yourself!
這本書tell kids about 5 senses and has some simple experiments to try.
e.g. you see a friend coming down the street. While he is still far away, hold up your thumb. Your eyes say that he looks smaller than your thumb! But your brain is not fooled. Your friend only looks small because he is far away. You know that he is still big.

男爵府

hashtag影視迷勳章

118#
發表於 04-3-26 11:38 |只看該作者

Dear Jelly,

深有同感.我也覺得CTW是很用心創作小朋友的書及節目.我仔仔也喜歡看,沒有刻意買一整套書,只是隨緣買吓,買吓,也有30多本的書.

在圖書館借了一本"今天?大便.稀大便.軟大便.好大便.硬大便"的書,我仔仔每晚都要我講一次或兩次給他聽,已經講了十日,還是要再聽.我想小朋友到了某一年齡,不論男女,都非常喜歡講屎講尿.這本書介紹不同種類的糞便,小朋友知道人人每日都會有大便,有需要的時候,不用怕羞而不敢出聲,特別初上小學,如有需要,可以減輕他害羞的心理,不敢舉手出聲.Author:村上八千世,林秋英譯,南亞傳訊出版.

男爵府

開心吸收勳章

119#
發表於 04-3-26 12:35 |只看該作者

KWT

我在一次講座見到這本書便立刻買了,家中幾個小朋友都勁鍾意!

複式洋房

積分: 275

120#
發表於 04-3-26 23:40 |只看該作者

最近在香港一書店買了一套大陸版"小學生拼音 拼讀法"(VCD碟2張加小書本一冊). 是"西南師範大音像出版社"出版. 人民幣22元. 是教小朋友普通話漢語併音的教材. VCD裏是位姐姐教二位小朋友用普通話對話由聲母韻母的音教起, 每例字句都作平上去入四聲讀出, 發音很清楚. 是一套不錯的小朋友基本併音教材.
[img align=left]http://www.albumtown.com/data/372d3f309fef061977fb2f7ba36d74d2/tb_1409_p19928.jpg[/img][img align=left]http://www.albumtown.com/data/372d3f309fef061977fb2f7ba36d74d2/tb_1409_p19938.jpg[/img][img align=left]http://www.albumtown.com/data/372d3f309fef061977fb2f7ba36d74d2/tb_1409_p19934.jpg[/img][img align=left]http://www.albumtown.com/data/372d3f309fef061977fb2f7ba36d74d2/tb_1409_p19932.jpg[/img]

首頁

尾頁

跳至