積分: 1031

21#
發表於 12-6-13 11:26 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 OurNewLife 於 12-6-13 11:27 編輯
karmen2007 發表於 12-5-3 13:58
OurNewLife, 收到貨再分享下個process同埋間搬運公司嘅service得唔得吖

收到貨la ! Basically, there are 2 parts: collect from HK and delivery in Toronto

HK:
We got quotes from 3 moving companies and picked the one that seems to have good service and reasonable price. They came to pick up our boxes 3 times (the first 2 times were just 10-15 boxes because our flat did not have anymore room to walk around!) As for service, the 1st collection was good, organized with the box numbering/labelling. 2nd time was bad, often missing boxes/numbers, etc. Afterwards, we called the salesman and complained so on the 3rd time, they sent a very smart team leader with 5 other movers and everything went very smoothly and efficient.

Because we did not buy a house in Toronto yet, we put our goods in their warehouse in HK for 3.5 months before asking them to start shipping it over.

Toronto:
The HK moving company gave us the contact for their partner in Toronto. They informed us when the goods arrived and that they can clear the customs for us since they got our packing list. The customs did not open anything so we did not have to go at all. Then we arranged a date for the delivery and they delivered everything into our house and assembled all the furnitures that were taken apart before. There were 3 movers (non-chinese). The service was ok/average, they did not communicate with us much though and they did not talk to each other much either...strange!

Overall it was ok, no boxes damaged (on the outside), we haven't opened most of the boxes yet so don't know about any damage inside. Nothing missing. The Toronto movers commented that the HK movers packed the items quite well with lots of padding.

Hope this helps!

大宅

積分: 1038

22#
發表於 12-6-19 21:57 |只看該作者

回覆 回覆:OurNewLife的帖子

thanks OurNewLife for yr sharing.
it seems that u didn't go to do custom clearance? wasn't it?
i found some mom shared in another forum that they hv to do the custom clearance in person...
amyway, how long was the shipment? 3 weeks?

大宅

積分: 1523

23#
發表於 12-6-20 09:51 |只看該作者
OurNewLife,

Could you pm the name of the shipping agency to me? Thanks.

大宅

積分: 3673

24#
發表於 12-6-20 16:31 |只看該作者

回覆:回流加拿大必需品

唔好揀columbxx, 因為來包裝的工人,趕收工,包得好快好求其,坐寫字樓又唔清楚去加拿大既海關手續,十問九唔知,唉,希望我地既野可以安全到埗

大宅

積分: 1031

25#
發表於 12-6-23 14:07 |只看該作者
karmen2007 發表於 12-6-19 21:57
thanks OurNewLife for yr sharing.
it seems that u didn't go to do custom clearance? wasn't it?
i fou ...

Yes, I have heard before that normally, you need to go downtown to clear customs yourself. But the shipping company told us they will do it for us since they have our packing list. Anyway, it is good for us to avoid the trouble.

Shipping took about 3 weeks and waiting for clear customs around 10 days. But I think it also depends on high/low season.

別墅

積分: 802

26#
發表於 12-7-4 09:33 |只看該作者
OurNewLife, can you pm the shipping company name to me?

Thank you so much in advance.

別墅

積分: 897

27#
發表於 12-7-4 12:41 |只看該作者

引用:OurNewLife,+can+you+pm+the+shipping+comp

原帖由 anniese 於 12-07-04 發表
OurNewLife, can you pm the shipping company name to me?

Thank you so much in advance.
My new life,
Can you pm shipping company to me ?
Thanks

首頁

尾頁

跳至