首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 709

341#
發表於 06-5-31 02:03 |只看該作者

Re: Any mom living in USA now - Part IV

Nillie,

When I was prego w/ Natalie, my grandma made me chicken wine. This is what she put inside: farm chicken (tow gai), black fungus (mok year), peanuts or black beans, rose wine (mu gwai lo), ginger slices, and dates. She will stir fry the chicken w/ ginger for a few minutes, then pour the wine and the remaining ingredients inside. After the soup cooks for an hr, she will add some fried egg strips to it. You can try try...very tasty.

Before bedtime dessert, you can make some birdnest steamed w/ egg white and milk (lots of protein and nutrients). For quick nutrients, I drank the Brands Chicken Essence (Gai Jing). Maybe it was too "bo" for me, I got pimples after awhile so I stopped.

男爵府

積分: 7794

342#
發表於 06-5-31 22:04 |只看該作者

Natmama,
我會試吓架喇,
用農塲生鷄同薑一齊炒, 之後加木耳, 花生, 黑豆, 玫瑰露, 同煮一粒鐘, 之後加炒疍絲當湯飲, right??
我OB finally開zofran俾我食, 總於冇嘔喇, 但就因為太勁, 今胃冇胃酸分泌, 有小小消化不良囉.. 但都好過嘔餐C..

大宅

積分: 2431

343#
發表於 06-6-1 04:57 |只看該作者

各位
妳地好因我呢排好多野做
無internet一排
我仲做緊人奶媽咪
我大女轉了校後好多homework同佢好多野講
咩也問點解
細女就到了terrible two
頑皮到嘔
最近我叫我媽望佢一陣我去大大
佢竟然自已搬桌仔企上去玩煤氣爐
現在我每一秒也要望住佢
我老公仲嚇死佢有一次去緊街竟然自已開車門好在大女講比老公知

講返d開心野我老公升了職
我好開心不過又少d時間陪我

nillie
恭喜妳
我見到呢個消息好開心呀!
妳飲奶加d薑落去煲
會止嘔
妳飲波菜牛肉湯簡單d

yipyip
好嗎?一拖二感覺正嗎?

有時間會電妳吹吹水
學懂凡事感恩和感謝,孩子終身受用不盡

洋房

積分: 137

344#
發表於 06-6-1 06:19 |只看該作者

Hi all,

Long long time no see…. Busy with everything and cannot wait for the slow BK…. Maybe we should think of moving our forum to elsewhere that’s faster!

First of all, congrat to Nillie!!! Last time u sang for me when I had nausea, let me sing this time for u la… . I can’t believe that Amanda gets sensitive already.

Whalebb, long time no see! Think of u because u could not come to our gathering every time…. So good that yr husband gets promoted.

Update: I took Karina out of her day care already. She was there 3 months and enjoying everything. However, the thing is, she really gets sick too often. So we decide to hire a nanny for her. She just gets her first teeth! One more thing: she does not drink water AT ALL!!!!! Not even diluted juice/ milk!!!!! I don’t give her the ordinary juice because I don’t want her to get use to only sweet beverage. What can I do? Should I try ice cube?

男爵府

345#
發表於 06-6-2 00:21 |只看該作者

Whalebb,
波菜牛肉湯, 要唔要落薑架? 落D薑好D??
我飲唔到奶啊, 荳奶都係1日飲1杯左右... 點算好?

shuba_inu,
多謝晒, 自OB幫我轉药, 只食過1次, 已2日, morning sickness都未冇蒲頭, 直情要感恩
多謝你唱歌仔俾小B聽, 小B今日都冇乜曳曳呢!
Karina出牙, 你要同佢刷牙喇, 刷慣咗佢呢, 佢大啲時就認為刷牙係必然架, 而家你可以用紗巾同佢按摸牙肉, 同oral gel隻手指牙刷都唔錯架..
Amanda BB時都refused juice同水架, 佢只飲人奶同formula, 所以當時我都有俾碎冰佢食, 一來止牙痛, 二來'long'口,三來'當一個 fluid intake'囉!

複式洋房

積分: 269

346#
發表於 06-6-2 09:34 |只看該作者

Hello, Everybody

我是個將會由香港移民去芝加哥的Garfield..我朋友介紹我上這個website認識d新朋友. 我估各位媽媽已經移民去美國一段日子呢 我打算想去到美國生小朋友. 不過唔知道生小朋友前係唔係買醫療保險. 咁會save多$$$...如果我現在還未去美國. 可能今年年尾先去. 現在可唔可以買住先啦 去邊買及怎麼辦理? 各位媽媽知唔知道. 希望各位媽媽多多指點呢. 因為本人初到美國. 有很多事都唔識ar

大宅

積分: 1760

347#
發表於 06-6-2 10:44 |只看該作者

Hello Everybody,

Since lots of you complained about how slow BK is, I've just created an eGroup from Yahoo to see if you're interested to keep chating from there.

YahooGroup name: us_mommies

Group home page:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/us_mommies
(to read message online or you could subscribe for receiving individual emails from this eGroup)

Group email: [email protected] (email to this address to post message)

[size=large]Click Here for Redirecting to BK US Moms Club at YahooGroup

男爵府

348#
發表於 06-6-3 02:05 |只看該作者

SY_mom,
you are our sweet heart!!
then I will join over there.
For those moms who live in Eastern USA, we got a forum in Yahoo! group as well for NYBK moms, for more information please contact Darrenmama.
She is the web master.
Garfield,
你有BB未?? 如果未BB, 唔駛太担心, 落地生根先去諗喇, 只要你申請insurance more than 1 month, 有好多都俾你有產科福利.. 成半年後至嚟, 唔駛急唓!!

大宅

積分: 1760

349#
發表於 06-6-3 06:55 |只看該作者

Hi All,

Please ignore my previous message.
I've created another new eGroup which you can post messages in Chinese.

[size=x-large]
Click Here for Redirecting to BK US Moms Club at HK YahooGroup

大宅

積分: 2431

350#
發表於 06-6-3 07:21 |只看該作者

nillie
加啦!無咁涼同可舒個胃
是在香港一個好掂的名中醫教我
咁妳食cheese ar!!

jenny
唔飲水同juice唔得ka wor
妳不如試下"食我"下佢
比奶前比水或juice代替一餐奶再比固體的食物
我前日先有yahoo dsl
我摸清楚點用後會join ka la
學懂凡事感恩和感謝,孩子終身受用不盡

複式洋房

351#
發表於 06-6-3 09:57 |只看該作者

Nillie_Mami

多謝你建議.好開心ar..認識同新朋友.其實我未有小朋友. 打算去到美國時生. 因為我唔多識這方面.希望大家指教.. 而且我冇朋友及親威在美國. 只有我老公... ha...ha..所以我擔心去到美國時人生路不熟. sorry ar..我想問你話 "有產科福利". 是不是要入了籍的美國公民先有. 好似我未入籍會不會冇???普通的保險費大約多少$$ 是不是什麼時間去買就得la .ie.我12月去到美國時立即買保險就得..有冇話要多少個月之後先生效??

多謝大家的幫忙及認識你哋 好開心

男爵府

積分: 8831

352#
發表於 06-6-3 15:05 |只看該作者

各位靚媽媽好麻?
歷仔發燒三四日由memorial day weekend開始, 每次探熱都係100-101 左右, 間中去到102. 去過急症室, 醫生都搵唔到原因, 淨係叫我俾tynenol 佢食, 無感冒徵狀. 耳仔又無發炎. 呢兩日燒完, 出左少少紅點係小腹同頸度. 而且成日鈕計, 喊, 同埋六點鐘就訓覺. 好似好

男爵府

353#
發表於 06-6-4 00:48 |只看該作者

muimui313,
真'cake'手, 有冇驗尿同驗blood culture, 燒below 103F, 似細菌感染.. 冇咳冇痰??

garfield,
放心, 買insurance時佢有生效日期, 只要有打老番工, 絕大多數有醫療coverage, 正如muimui313講, 同公司講有老婆, 加啲錢就cover埋你囉! 我喺老番醫院打工, 佢哋倒轉頭cover我一家大細, 一毫子都唔收, 我哋慳番唔少.. for 生BB, 好多insurance要求你要供款at least 1個月or 半年, 因為生BB好貴, 上年生BB at New york, 冇insurance順產冇麻醉冇complication都要 at least US15,000落樓.. so, once你哋落地生根打工, 有insurance至plan 要BB囉, also, 人生路不熟, 大肚好麻煩, 而settle down, 模清邊到有好婦科醫生, 兒科醫生, 醫院, 小學, well planned before you conceive喇!

複式洋房

354#
發表於 06-6-5 09:47 |只看該作者

Hi, Muimui
歷仔現在退燒未ar?..希望佢快d康復啦.. 同我say Hi 啦..你放上綱上的相是歷仔嗎 做媽媽好太壓力?

Nillie-Mami
多謝你教我咁多買保險的事..我老公在美國工作. 所以佢可以將佢現在有的保險加我名上去. 但可能唔夠cover..你哋去了美國好多年ma? 美國d生活同香港係唔有好大分別嗎 :-..你哋在美國easy or difficult 去找工.我明白都去到美國找工作唔easy 而且唔可以好似在香港做文職. 但之少希望希有份工做下. 唔洗冇工做 :lol:

有時間大家再講. 我怕煩住你哋.. sorry..

禁止訪問

積分: 4610

355#
發表於 06-6-6 20:06 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

洋房

356#
發表於 06-6-7 03:50 |只看該作者

Seems like I am not too used to the new Yahoo group yet... reading Chinese is a pain (although I do not type it myself). So coming back to BK occasionally may be a better idea....

Garfield,
Welcome! Don’t worry too much about the insurance, although it’s true that better to have it once u are in US (even before conceive). Without it, u can ask the hospital for a “cash package price” which will usually be a discount – because the hospital receives $$$$ directly from u but not chasing after the insurance company. My parents have the experience of that: when they were here to visit me and my baby (plus my hubby ), they paid $50 for regular doctor visit, whereas the doctor may claim up to $200 if it’s a bill to the insurance company. Of course, if you husband is working, just buy the insurance thro’ his company is the best. In my case, I think we end up paying only about $300-$400 for the whole hospital stay (natural delivery).

Muimui,
How’s Alex? I know that it’s very worrying for u when he is sick. Last time Karina vomited 4 times within an hour and I was so scared!
Thanks for your advice. I also know that water is the best, I regret not giving it to her earlier… now she is 9 months already and only drinks around 1oz (or less) per day….. :( :( :( She has constipation ever since introducing her solid food. Luckily that weather is getting hotter and she is enjoying the frozen fruit now.
Do u remember I sent u an email long time ago asking u about Alex’s day care experience? We moved Karina out of her previous one because she fell sick too often, we are now putting her in a friend’s house. I am thinking whether a smaller day care setting will be good for her. Can u tell me more about your experience?

洋房

357#
發表於 06-6-7 04:00 |只看該作者

浩天靚媽 寫道:
hi all moms
路過入黎問下野.....
請問如果要由美國寄野(BB野,衫仔etc.)返HK,貴唔貴??
thanks!!!

I think diff states have diff prices, but overall, should be more expensive than HK -> US. Here in LA, an ordinary airmail costs us $0.84.... Also the post office here is not very reliable, it has a record of losing mails. So people here trust Fedex better (of course even more expensive).

別墅

積分: 951

358#
發表於 06-6-7 23:25 |只看該作者

男爵府

359#
發表於 06-6-9 00:44 |只看該作者

garfield0923,
美國人按章工作嘅態度唔係人人頂得順, 我只嚟咗US 3年, 還未完全接納到...
as只係plan to conceive, 咁就等自己2公婆settle先喇, 大肚同生BB 冇老人家喺身邊係好"呢""hair"架..

浩天靚媽,
although有人幫你大減價時買, hand carry 返HK.. 如果唔係就會貴過你喺HK買 or online 買架!

大宅

積分: 4078

360#
發表於 06-6-10 03:41 |只看該作者

Nillie_Mami ,
HI , 你意思係咪買

首頁

尾頁

跳至