心聲留言

跳至

首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 7880

101#
發表於 07-7-18 12:00 |只看該作者
Planning to go to the book fair today, hope it won't be too crowd!

複式洋房

積分: 285

102#
發表於 07-7-18 16:10 |只看該作者
Any goodies? I will go tomorrow morning ah..:lol:

原文章由 carlychung 於 07-7-18 12:00 發表
Planning to go to the book fair today, hope it won't be too crowd!

子爵府

積分: 12609

103#
發表於 07-7-18 17:32 |只看該作者
Hi, All,

I'm back in SF - for ~12 hrs already.

Gloria,

Didn't read your buying order before I left, but no I did not see Dumbo or other metal older kids utensils.

Bought a big thin DK Star Wars book from a bkshop in SF airport, orig px US$14.xx, only ~$6.95+ tax after discount.

Not many items worth buying from D-land ja.
Bought some Lego instead.

Day 1 - arrived in D-land aread around 3pm, checked in, went to Lego Shop in DownTown Disney (that street of shops just outside D-land) and bought some items, went back to hotel. Piglet had a brief swim in the swimming pool, of course I just watched him. No lifeguard, small pool, but deepest was 8ft. Piglet, being a pig, tried to "dive" but what he did was splat himself in the water ==> alll red in fleshy front.

Day 2 - D-land. Piglet was naughty, whining and always complaining. Drove car in Autoplaza but he didn't want to press his foot down on "accelerator" (the only pedal, press down to go, release foot to stop), and asked me to press while he "drove", but at some point he said how come car was soooo slow and really stamped hard on my shoes to try and make it go faster. So of course I him.
After quick dinner of pizza and fresh fruit juice, went back to hotel for swim.

子爵府

104#
發表於 07-7-18 18:07 |只看該作者
Day 3 - L-land.

Piglet went straight for "driving school", took 1 drive ~3mins, then came back to me and said "Mummy, I am bleeding !!" ?-(
He said he was climbing out of the car and fell on kerb, ==> both knees were black coz he fell on the "road".
Used some baby wipe to clean his wound, found it quite bad. So took him to First Aid Centre. The 1st-aider just cleaned his wound with alcohol and put on BandAid.

I know I should say "O poor boy" etc, but I was quite angry and him, coz I always remind him to be careful, and the staff there said No running several times - daydreaming and did not listen / hear.

After that, piglet was still quite naughty - over-excited, and I had to him a few times.

Once back in hotel area, bought some BandAid and hydrogen peroxide in nearby small convenience shop, and a small BandAid kit from hotel's souvenir shop. Then had to force piglet to take a bath ==> wound was quite bad and painful. And piglet is very "sae gwei", scared of pain, but washing and disinfecting with hydrogen peroxide was really quite painful, and he yelled ! That was ~11pm - midnight.

After successfully making him take his bath and put on bandage, piglet went to bed, and said "Mummy, there's a cockroach walking along that corner !!"
Had to call front desk to send a night staff, who successfully killed it after at least half an hour !

Was quite scared, found a big smelly trash bin opposite our room, and asked front desk to have it removed. Coz I suspect the cockroach left that and went straight into our room as we were fighting over disinfecting piglet's knees.

子爵府

105#
發表於 07-7-18 18:24 |只看該作者
Day 4 - D-land
Piglet said it was quite painful and asked why he had such bad luck (no swimming, painful knees). Told him he was the problem, not his luck.

Piglet was quite good that night. But back in the hotel, twice a day, we had to struggle re disinfecting wounds with hydrogen peroxide and dressing them.

Day 5 - L-land.
Got on wrong GrayLine bus, found out after we reached San Diego (L-land was before San Diego). Fortunately bus drive drove us back after he took care of his Sea World passengers. (The company was supposed to double check all the receipts, but obviously did not. ==> nobody found out, otherwise the Sea World driver could have dropped us in Legoland which is 40mins-drive away.

Piglet went to play PC games in L-land for over 1 hr, had to him otherwise he would have spent all the time on PC games.

Before piglet took his bath (needed some psychological preparation beforehand), some insect flew around in the room ==> a bee in the room !

So I called front desk again for somebody to catch it. The 1st person couldn't find the insect, the insect flew around again and the 2nd one caught it just after front desk offered to move us to a suite. (~midnight !!) Then the night staff caught the insect - a bee-size beetle.

Day 6 - left for LA airport ~10am, back in my Aunt's house by 3:30pm.

Piglet's 2 wounds on right knee still quite bad. The one on left knee is good already. Need to watch it tomorrow. Fortunately I brought piglet's bottle of paracetamol and gave him 1 teasp x twice daily.

Buddies,

Do you take an emergency 1st-aid kit along when you go on trips ? I mean things like BandAid, alcohol wipes, cotton wool, disinfectant. Plus some basic medicine, eg paracetamol.

Must bring !! Can't rely on finding such items easily ga !!

Quite fortunately there is gauze (sa bo) in the 1st-aid kit found in the hotel's souvenir shop which I can use to dress piglet's wounds !!

[ 本文章最後由 Bluestar 於 07-7-18 18:36 編輯 ]

子爵府

106#
發表於 07-7-18 18:27 |只看該作者
Forgot about BkFair tim !!

TTM,

B-day present arrived already !

禁止訪問

積分: 6817

107#
發表於 07-7-18 19:34 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

男爵府

積分: 6599

108#
發表於 07-7-18 22:08 |只看該作者
Hello BS

Are you back or still in SF? Poor Piglet and you. really doh joy doh lan!!!

On your advice, must bring in the future la.

Sick again today!

No interest to go t o bookfair either.

Which buddies are out of town now? Only RMM + BS ? Where is kitty?
Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

男爵府

109#
發表於 07-7-19 09:53 |只看該作者
I arrived the book fair yesterday at 3:30pm, not crowd at all, go straight to hall 5 for kids stuff. The best thing I got was the Brother Mickey Mouse label machine @ $2xx, subscribed EVI web & 呠呠車 (got free card machine as gift and win a self-made radio set from lucky draw) and bought a few chinese books... no english book at all this year. Saw lots of stall selling those english ones exactly the same as in moondog and qzy...

大宅

積分: 3699

110#
發表於 07-7-19 10:22 |只看該作者
原文章由 carlychung 於 07-7-19 09:53 發表
I arrived the book fair yesterday at 3:30pm, not crowd at all, go straight to hall 5 for kids stuff. The best thing I got was the Brother Mickey Mouse label machine @ $2xx, subscribed EVI web & ...

i was also gone to bookfair yesterday. Really didin't bought a lot this year. As we bought from qzy/moondog recently, many books still waiting for read and the price of the English books at the book fair (even they offer discount) are still expensive compare than qzy.

At the child go school, i enrolled my son to the go's course, as i plan to let him try quite a long time, but didn't pay action and this time, they has promotion and got a set of go chest.

Not much for my son and at hall 5. And not much new at the Hall 5 as well, mainly like last year.

Visit the booth selling C D Rom , not cheap, total 12 pcs teaching mainly tense, adj. preposition etc. selling at over $1500.00 - the name is call Legend of Grammerland, is it worth and good?

i want to go and buy some back issues of story box and adventure box etc. but the price is not a big difference, only $40 for the back issues and new issue is $45. so didn't buy or subscribe.

Go the Sing Tao's counter , bought some parenting new release book, if you buy over $200 after discount, you can get 5 pcs of hardcover kid books - like nature, space, animals, many words but very information and worth. Go to have a look if you will go to bookfair.

Bought some travelling books and cook books at Ka publishing.

CCheng,

That booth you told me is actually Fun to Read's counter, is very worth if you compare to the original price for songbird, snapdragon, ort, $180/ for 6 books, e.g. $30@,
but i better wait for the qzy later for the oxford books, really expensive if you bought from qzy e.g. $5 only

男爵府

111#
發表於 07-7-19 10:39 |只看該作者
That's right, I rather check qzy/moondog more frequently for their stock. I even bought 1 set of Tree Top, set of 6 books @$38 though it is of Grade 12

原文章由 lamsuetwai 於 07-7-19 10:22 發表

i was also gone to bookfair yesterday. Really didin't bought a lot this year. As we bought from qzy/moondog recently, many books still waiting for read and the price of the English books at ...

大宅

112#
發表於 07-7-19 10:46 |只看該作者
原文章由 carlychung 於 07-7-19 10:39 發表
That's right, I rather check qzy/moondog more frequently for their stock. I even bought 1 set of Tree Top, set of 6 books @$38 though it is of Grade 12

Cary,

our dd's order will arrive next Monday as the courier told me. But i will on leave start from next Tuesday until 1 Aug 2007 (go to Thailand for 1 week). so i will only call you after 2 Aug.

How you want to pick up the stuffs - courier?

the exchange rate for the RMB offer by courier is 1:1.05, every new order is higher than last order. start from 1: 1.02 , 1: 1.04 and this time is 1:1.05.

男爵府

113#
發表於 07-7-19 10:54 |只看該作者
LSW,

Thanks, no problem after Aug2, let me know and I will arrange courier, I will somehow taking leaving too several days at week of aug6, to go to school with Jun. Give me the exactly amount that I should pau you and the a/c number too. Thanks for the arrangement

原文章由 lamsuetwai 於 07-7-19 10:46 發表

Cary,

our dd's order will arrive next Monday as the courier told me. But i will on leave start from next Tuesday until 1 Aug 2007 (go to Thailand for 1 week). so i will only call you af ...

子爵府

114#
發表於 07-7-19 15:20 |只看該作者
LSW,

I have Legend of Grammarland, no need to buy la.
Got it in Bk Fair last yr, shared with a friend. But I haven't let piglet try it.

Gloria,

We are still being lazy in SF.
Went to Walmart (= Mannings / Watsons) and bought diff sizes / types of BandAid (bandages), 8 items, total = US$3x.xx

男爵府

115#
發表於 07-7-19 15:52 |只看該作者
Ha, BS,
BandAid

原文章由 Bluestar 於 07-7-19 15:20 發表
Went to Walmart (= Mannings / Watsons) and bought diff sizes / types of BandAid (bandages), 8 items, total = US$3x.xx

子爵府

116#
發表於 07-7-19 16:01 |只看該作者
原文章由 carlychung 於 07-7-19 15:52 發表
Ha, BS,
BandAid

Yes ah, Carly.
Had to shop for BandAid.
Didn't know before that there is a type of bandage with antiseptic on it.

男爵府

117#
發表於 07-7-19 16:17 |只看該作者
EE, I donno know such type is available wor, now un la!

原文章由 Bluestar 於 07-7-19 16:01 發表

Yes ah, Carly.
Had to shop for BandAid.
Didn't know before that there is a type of bandage with antiseptic on it.

大宅

118#
發表於 07-7-19 17:24 |只看該作者
原文章由 carlychung 於 07-7-19 16:17 發表
EE, I donno know such type is available wor, now un la!

bs,

Piglet is very 搞笑

I will keep stock first before i go to Thailand sin.

男爵府

119#
發表於 07-7-19 22:58 |只看該作者
Buddies,

The DUPLO LEGO Thomas train on sale at ToyRus. With four $10 dollar coupons you can buy it at almost 35% off.

Lego is also on 20% off at JUSCO.
Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

男爵府

120#
發表於 07-7-19 22:59 |只看該作者
BS

How is the 'cold war' at the relatives' place? Have you moved out at last? Still face-left-left??

首頁

尾頁

跳至