尾頁

大宅

積分: 3035

1181#
發表於 10-9-25 05:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 beselsel 於 10-9-25 03:17 發表
lambob mama, congratulation!!!
BB so handsome ar!

if you have milk supply problem, try to drink fish soup ar, but it takes a lot of time prepare, do you have mom can cook for you? my mother inlaw co ...

my mum makes me lots of soup already, but still can't produce much milk.
which brand of pump do u recommend? shoppers don't have many choices, do they? the pediatrician said that even if i keep pumping, but no actually sucking from the baby, my milk will gradually decreases.......i'm so soooooo frightened by his saying........and i do feel hopeless! i even cried over this issue, feel so helpless!

別墅

積分: 798

1182#
發表於 10-9-25 10:09 |只看該作者
congrats!!! welcome on board new mammy!!

it takes a life time learning to be gd parents, or at least keep us worrying for 99 yrs =) though, try not to worry too much. every mama has hands on advice for you, just keep urself informed and try to find the best way for u and bb.

breastfeeding could be very tricky at first. i had difficulty in latching on too, it takes time for u and bb to learn. once u had the trick, it could go on very smoothly.

1) keep urself hydrated is the number one key to success. drink lots of fluid, if soup doesn't seem to help, try RICE. many mama find that helps too. u need the energy and nutrient for milk production, dun forget to rest as long as u can

2) make sure u know the bb is latched on properly. it looks like easy but it's not. at least for me it's not easy. i thought i was doing it right until i was in pain and the nipples cracked. i was corrected by the lactation consultant, not only one time, several times before i got the trick.

3) ur pd could be more encouraging though, i think wat he said is true. bb is born with the instinct to suck. do ur best on feeding from ur breast, as ahbocat said colostrum contains so many good stuffs that ur baby would benefit for life time. and bb's suckign would help u to produce more and more milk. u'll be fine, just see how the lactaction consultant would help u.

all the best!!! facebook if u wanna further info.

原帖由 LamBoB 於 10-9-24 13:21 發表

which brand of pump do u recommend? shoppers don't have many choices, do they? the pediatrician said that even if i keep pu ...

複式洋房

積分: 334

1183#
發表於 10-9-28 01:52 |只看該作者
I personally use Swing from Medela. and what Owne JC and your Pedi is right, pump is just for occassion use if you are away from baby for a while or now in starting, your baby not use to eat and push you away, or you prefer to have a bit more rest and let your family now in the first month to help you feeding the baby, the pump will do the good job for you. if you not want to buy, you can always rent one from shops, but the body attached accessories need to buy yourself and cost around $40, I rent a medela pump from Shoppers Health Care, located at the northeast corner of 16th and woodbine. if you want more info, you can call them.
9255 Woodbine Ave, ON L6C 1L7
(905) 887-9055
I was not able to feed my baby directly at all, for 3 months, his mouth was too small for my nipple that time. but I believe is always worth to try to have this attachement. Good luck and enjoy your baby.
***** Beselsel *****

大宅

1184#
發表於 10-9-29 10:56 |只看該作者
thank you all mamaS!!

i already went to the breastfeeding clinic once. i fed my son before i went, so, he was pretty calm and in good mood when i tried to put him on my breast in the clinic. the nurse did help me latch him on successfully, he did suck for only a min or so, but then he went off, luckily, without crying or screaming. it seems to me that the consultation wasn't too helpful. what the nurse taught me i have already learnt in the hospital. my son is very impatient, my milk flow is slow, that's y he always gets fuzzy and feels uninterested. i really don't know what i can do now..........

beselsel, during the first 3 months that u couldn't feed your baby directly, how did feed him instead? by bottles? i still fingerfeed (using a feeding tube)my boy, i don't know when to stop.........i really don't want to introduce bottles to my son!!!!!!

別墅

積分: 924

1185#
發表於 10-9-29 20:21 |只看該作者
Don't force yourself too hard, take it easy!! It's easy to get postpartum blue in your stage.

I used Medela Swing as well. For my case, I found that breastpump can stimulate my milk flow at the beginning when the time I had little flow as well. And yes, have to drink penty penty of fluid...no matter it is water or soup! Since I use the pump, I used both bottle and on breast to feed my little one...and maybe I am lucky, he has no problem at all. Then my mom or my husband can feed him when I was resting.

This is my own case, and pls remember each baby is different to another. Don't feel upset when you hit some obsticles. You love him more than anyone does. You are doing the best things to him. However, you just need some more time to find the way. Don't be frustrated and struggled in this issue. My elder son is more or less a formula baby, I just fed him breastmilk for about 3 months or less, but I don't see he has any difference. He grows happily day by day!!

Silly girl, don't be frustrated!! You need to relax and enjoy!!

複式洋房

1186#
發表於 10-9-30 06:31 |只看該作者
LamboB, don't worry too much about feeding your little one is too little or not, I was encorage to feed him both formula and breask milk, but is always up to you to feed him more often with breast milk or less often but subsitute with formula.

my baby boy was a impatient baby, and he eat a lot, so I was kind of no choice to subsitute him w/ formula.

because of his mouth was so small, I fed my boy with bottle since day 1, he was drinking formula for the first couple days, then I started my milk flow with the pump, as I said, he had formula substitue, so in the first month, he had about 1/3 of breast milk, then 2nd month with about 1/2 and the 3rd month, due to I found a job and my mother in law start slow down with the fish soup supply, and so as my milk supply was getting less and less, end up, my boy only had 3 months breast milk, and is not even a full 3 months of breast milk supply.

now look back, there was nothing to regret, at least I had tried the best to feed him with breast milk and I am glad enough.

So, no worry too much, whatever you going to do, is always the BEST for him!
***** Beselsel *****

子爵府

積分: 10881

環保接龍勳章

1187#
發表於 10-10-3 04:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 LamBoB 於 10-9-25 05:21 發表
which brand of pump do u recommend? shoppers don't have many choices, do they? the pediatrician said that even if i keep pu ...

Hello Lambob,

The pump I used was pump in style advanced by Medela.
As per our phone conversation before, we might heard from doctors, family members or friends about our milk supply decreases as we pump without bb latching on. However, it doesn't happen to me. I can only say either I was lucky or worked hard to maintain Aiden's food source.

My family doctor who has 3 children, she told my hubby and me a different story from your PD, she said the pumping action will stimulate the brain, so doesn't matter it is from the pump or bb's month.

What I did is to pump extra 3-5 mins each time, so it tricked the brain that I need more milk for bb. Also, I continue my midnight(3am) pumping until Aiden is 18wks old, which Aiden has stopped his mid-night feeding at 6wks.

You have try your best for your little handsome, so please don't stress yourself and take more rest!

[ 本帖最後由 tchu 於 10-10-3 04:39 編輯 ]

複式洋房

積分: 345

1188#
發表於 10-10-9 22:21 |只看該作者
Hi LamboB,

How are u doing? Doing better with BF-ing?? Don't stress urself! Here's my story if u need some encouragement: http://bequeen.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-post_16.html

Cheryl's been bottle-fed at the hospital since day 1 (due to my Pre-eclampsia I didn't get to see her until 24 hours after giving birth). After a lot of hard work I was able to feed her directly. Lucky enough, she takes anything - at breast, bottle, formula! Well, every baby is different. I've heard stories about bb ONLY want direct feed, some ONLY want expressed milk in a bottle..... really hard to tell what's gonna happen after u introduce bottle~ but take it easy, do whatever u have to. I remember my lactation consultant said, it's ok to give expressed milk or even formula if u can't latch her on, the most important thing is to make sure milk goes into baby's tummy!

Being a new mom (and dad) is all about learning. U learn a new thing everyday! AND, it's good to have a group of supportive mama around. BK is really good (at least this group we have!), we never criticize other mama's decision but only share advice base on our experiences!

Have fun with XL, it's fun to see him grow~

原帖由 LamBoB 於 2010-9-24 04:16 PM 發表

my son is very impatient, after a few sucks and he gets nothing or only a drop or so, he starts to cry and pushes away. i did arrange an appointment with the breastfeeding clinic next week. i real ...

子爵府

積分: 10881

環保接龍勳章

1189#
發表於 10-10-12 00:55 |只看該作者
I totally agree with Queen, every bb is unique. Hope everything goes well la Lambob mama.

原帖由 Queen824 於 10-10-9 22:21 發表
Hi LamboB,

How are u doing? Doing better with BF-ing?? Don't stress urself! Here's my story if u need some encouragement: http://bequeen.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-post_16.html

Cheryl's been bottle-f ...

大宅

1190#
發表於 10-10-13 23:12 |只看該作者
thank you sooooooooo much all mamas for your support and advice!

i finally went to the breastfeeding clinic in york region yesterday (i supposed to go 2weeks ago, but i was sick). over the past couple of weeks, i fed my son with bottles (expressed breast milk and formula). yesterday the consultant gave me a nipple shield to try on, surprisingly my son did latch on well and sucked. but after that when i used it at home by myself, the feeding wasn't as smooth as it went in the clinic. but anywayz it's a good start, i will keep trying. i know it will take time for my son(and me) to learn. it looks like i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

once again, thanks a lot, u guys are really supportive. THANKS tchu for your call, I really appreciated it.

[ 本帖最後由 LamBoB 於 10-10-13 23:13 編輯 ]

大宅

1191#
發表於 10-10-13 23:30 |只看該作者
另外想問下各位﹐online apply birth certificate會幾耐寄到嚟呢?

複式洋房

1192#
發表於 10-10-17 00:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 LamBoB 於 10-10-13 23:30 發表
另外想問下各位﹐online apply birth certificate會幾耐寄到嚟呢?

you should get it within a month
***** Beselsel *****

複式洋房

1193#
發表於 10-10-26 01:15 |只看該作者
hihi all the mama!!
any idea what to do this christmas? shall we make a gathering in this such a meaningful season?
***** Beselsel *****

首頁

尾頁

跳至