尾頁

別墅

積分: 519

121#
發表於 09-4-23 16:59 |只看該作者
I'm not sure how many can I carry. I'm going with Jun only without Junpa

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-23 12:13 發表
Carly,

Remember to shop for Taiwan Chin books !
Their content is ...

子爵府

積分: 12609

122#
發表於 09-4-23 18:53 |只看該作者
Carly,

Well worst case scenario - ship / post it back loh.
Just arrange to pack it in a carton,
or pack the books in your suitcase and put your clothes in a pull-along trolley as cabin luggage.
Buy as much as you can possibly cope with, otherwise you will regret not buying enough ga la.
(that's what I usually do despite buying a lot already)

大宅

積分: 1158

123#
發表於 09-4-23 19:56 |只看該作者
BS,

We have bought 45 issues. Only 20 have been received, in 2 separate packets. She explained that sending them over small packets would be cheaper wo....

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-23 14:41 發表
GN4,

This is really wierd - he/she sent ~40/65 mags but not all ?

Have 3 spare c ...
Gordon_No_4

大宅

124#
發表於 09-4-23 20:00 |只看該作者
Hi BS,

Re : World Book Day books

Please help me to get as 1 set of whatever available. Thanks very much....

I will be available to meet you next week. I will call you prior. Thanks.

Buddies,

Saw on Brit Council that WBD $10@ books are available from today onwards, so went and bought some.

Have 3 spare c ...

Gordon_No_4

侯爵府

積分: 20862

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章 BK Milk勳章

125#
發表於 09-4-23 22:02 |只看該作者
blue*,

Pls reserve 1 set of Book 1-5 fo me.

Thanks!

GN4,

This is really wierd - he/she sent ~40/65 mags but not all ?

Buddies,

Saw on Brit Council that WBD $10@ books are available from today onwards, so went and bought some.

Have 3 spare c ...

子爵府

126#
發表於 09-4-23 22:12 |只看該作者
GN4 and KL,

Yes, Ma'am.

(Don't know for sure the plural for Madam. Expect it to be the same gwa.)

The kid who bullies piglet did it again today.
After lunch, he pushed piglet, who lost his balance and was tripped by his marching trombone. Piglet said he nearly banged his face on the floor. And the kid said it was not his fault woh. But obviously fought (hit ?) back. One of his class teachers was there in the classroom (cos there's always 1 teacher in the classroom to supervise the kids during lunch) and saw it all. So both kids were punished - to stand in front of staff room ? during recess tomorrow. Knew about the fight cos piglet had a briuse on his arm near shoulder and I asked him what happened.

And piglet had a big sore in upper deck of his mouth tonight, slight fevel, so went to Evag Hosp. If he still runs a fever tomorrow morning then no school, in any case no swimming tomorrow.

大宅

127#
發表於 09-4-23 23:10 |只看該作者
BS,

Did the teacher call you then? If no, you have to call the teacher or the headmistress asap.

The bullying matter is getting more serious than before wor...
Gordon_No_4

子爵府

128#
發表於 09-4-23 23:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 Gordon_No_4 於 09-4-23 23:10 發表
BS,

Did the teacher call you then? If no, you have to call the teacher or the headmistress asap.

The bullying matter is getting more serious than before wor...

No , no call from teacher.

Piglet fought back this time ==> also punished.

I reminded him that he should "tell the teacher" ==> repeated bully cases we can complain

and not to fight back cos it would ==> piglet also punished, we cannot make such a loud noise about it.

Also, don't want piglet's grade for conduct to be lowered, cos if he fights back ==> both are wrong ==> will affect conduct grade. Sei mei !

子爵府

129#
發表於 09-4-23 23:36 |只看該作者
For his sore in mouth, part of medicine was Bonjela. This gel was given 1 hr before the drug warning that it shouldn't be prescribed to kids.

Will ask yanyan to take back to Eval Hosp and change for something else, eg Orased which serves same function, or just use salt water (saline solution) to kill the germs.

侯爵府

130#
發表於 09-4-24 13:15 |只看該作者
blue*,

I've left my cell phone at home today.

So you can't reach me by mobile phone la.

Are you available tonight? Shall we meet at WC MTR Mrs Fiexx around 6:45pm for WBD books?

Re: Bonjela, it didn't work on the sore in my mouth .. so I haven't ever tried it on Kv's sore b4.

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-23 23:36 發表
For his sore in mouth, part of medicine was Bonjela. This gel was given 1 hr before the drug warning that it shouldn't be prescribed to kids.

Will ask yanyan to take back to Eval Hosp and change for ...

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-4-24 13:19 編輯 ]

子爵府

131#
發表於 09-4-24 13:59 |只看該作者
KL,

See you at 6:45pm WC as you said.
If any problem, pls call me la.
You will again meet the piglet in person cos he has to follow me, home = building under renovation, as noisy as an alien attack !

There'er 2 major types of gel in market - Bonjela or Orased. Neither should be prescribed to kids.

We will be using saline solution / salt water instead.

侯爵府

132#
發表於 09-4-24 14:39 |只看該作者
blue*,

Let's meet at 6:45pm at old place la. I'll be there on time gar la.

I hate the noise from rennovation too! Very annoying and make us nervous...

Yes, saline should be the best natural solution to sore in mouth.

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-24 13:59 發表
KL,

See you at 6:45pm WC as you said.
If any problem, pls call me la.
You will again meet the piglet in person cos he has to follow me, home = building under renovation, as noisy as an alien attack ! ...

侯爵府

133#
發表於 09-4-24 17:27 |只看該作者
blue*,

I may reach the old place at around 7pm.

Pls wait for me.

別墅

積分: 519

134#
發表於 09-4-25 00:27 |只看該作者
aiya, another bully cases. Have you check out how come piglet is the target, is he the only target?

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-23 23:34 發表

No , no call from teacher.

Piglet fought back this time ==> also punished.

I reminded him that he should "tell the teacher" ==> repeated bully cases we can complain

and not to fight back cos it w ...

子爵府

135#
發表於 09-4-25 12:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 junjunmama 於 09-4-25 00:27 發表
aiya, another bully cases. Have you check out how come piglet is the target, is he the only target?

1 of his classmates told me that it was becos of his name (which sounds like stupid egg) woh.
And the bully likes to bully piglet becos piglet reacts gwa. That kid always tells some other kids (in same class) that piglet is clumsy, stupid, ... and if his "gang" doesn't help him to bully piglet then he bullies them !
Piglet's tactics is now sort of bribery - he takes misc yummy snacks back to school, eg Jagabee fries, M&M, and distribute it to members of the "gang". That bully never bring snacks to school so never treats his "gang" to food. Kids are vvv practical ppl when it comes to food.
And in pigle's class the system is, if the kids are good (did not talk in class etc) they get marks added, if that chat in class marks are deducted. The bully and piglet is in the same group, so is one of his good friends (also a key member of his gang). Bully + 3 others in the group often chats ==> they whole group gets -ve marks so is punished (no recess, stand in front of staff room), and his good friend + piglet tries to behave well in class not chat ==> but is still punished cos the bully and the others chat ==> + the snack factor, the bully's good friend has gradually become neutral !

Big pig said, kids' fight ==> leave it to the kids to settle woh.
And I don't want to talk to the kid directly ==> his teaching mum may complain to school that I bully her kid.
This Fri I left a message for class teacher to call me back on my mobile, but she hasn't done so yet !

大宅

積分: 4008

136#
發表於 09-4-25 21:59 |只看該作者
BS,
I am sorry to hear the bullying on piglet. Without knowing the entire situation, if it happens to my son, I will bring it to the attention of class teacher & school principal and ask them to speak to the kid as well as his parents, or better still, call a meeting together in front of the kids. I won't leave it to the kids to resolve among themselves. Bullying is not right. It is a basic instinct to fight back & there are 2 consequences to it : either piglet wins & the bully withdraws; or piglet loses & the bully becomes worse. The bully's parents need to know what's going on with their son. If they themselves do not care, make sure the school separates the kids & ask piglet to avoid him where possible. The bully needs to learn a lesson. Do something about it. I don't want your son to grow up in such pain. It may be a lasting memory & will affect him for the rest of his life. If you don't help piglet, who will? Sorry for saying too much.

子爵府

137#
發表於 09-4-25 23:40 |只看該作者
JsMami, KL, GN4, .....

Tks for your concern.

Asked piglet today why he thinks the bully picks on him. He says, the other kids are scared of him (?) and doesn't fight back, whereas piglet is the only one around who has the guts to fight back a little bit.

I've presented it to piglet that the bully sees him as a threat. He ranks 4th in class, but piglet's marks is better than his in 3 / 6 papers. (but for those papers in which bully does better, he leads by 1x - 2x marks !)
So I told piglet, treat that as your goal, to do better academically, then he will really lose. (am I being too Ah Q about it ?) And that is what he's afraid of - losing to piglet.

In TKD, the Sifu says not to fight, and if piglet fights then his belt gets downgraded. Once piglet demo his kick to scare off another kid who tried to attack him (words, gestures, not really fight at first cos that kid was half the size of piglet), and Sifu downgraded his belt by 1 grade.

Let's see what the class teacher who saw the fight from cause to end (and punished both kids) say first.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-4-25 23:42 編輯 ]

子爵府

138#
發表於 09-4-25 23:45 |只看該作者
GN4,

Re our twin spec frame

One arm of the frame came off this morning, took it to the shop to try and see if it can be repaird otherwise need a new pair. In the end I bought the same frame, $12xx, reuse the glasses.
Heavily injured (my pocket) !

Prefer to spend it on Lego or books !

大宅

139#
發表於 09-4-26 23:15 |只看該作者
Hi BS,

Your frame is new wo... Did you ask the optical shop for compensation? e.g. half price for replacement?

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-25 23:45 發表
GN4,

Re our twin spec frame

One arm of the frame came off this morning, took it to the shop to try and see if it can be repaird otherwise need a new pair. In the end I bought the same frame, $12xx, ...

[ 本帖最後由 Gordon_No_4 於 09-4-26 23:18 編輯 ]
Gordon_No_4

大宅

140#
發表於 09-4-26 23:22 |只看該作者
BS,

I support you to see the class teacher!! If possible, see the headmistress as well.

The point is not to complain anyone but to consult with the classteacher and headmistress : we being the parents, what can we help in such repeated bullying situations?

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-25 23:40 發表
JsMami, KL, GN4, .....

Tks for your concern.

Asked piglet today why he thinks the bully picks on him. He says, the other kids are scared of him (?) and doesn't fight back, whereas piglet is the onl ...
Gordon_No_4

首頁

尾頁

跳至