跳至

首頁

尾頁

洋房

積分: 31

161#
發表於 07-7-28 06:29 |只看該作者
原文章由 ahbocat 於 07-6-16 03:44 發表
No need to "thanks" so many times la!! I am glad that you are interested with those classes!! Both of us are first time moms, I think we better learn something before the babies come out. Hone ...

ahbocat...

i havent online for long long time already...since im really so bz for my new company...how are u and ur baby...did you get all the report? like IPS or Anatomy scan? im okay for everythings and i joined a class which is in midland and minicoll...this location is near me...do u know if you are carring a boy or a girl?

update me some news....^^

別墅

積分: 924

162#
發表於 07-8-4 00:52 |只看該作者
Hi blueberriii,

Ya...haven't seen you for a while!! I thought you are not coming to BK anymore lu... hehe!!

My baby is okay ah!! IPS 1&2 are both okay, as well as the anatomy scan. We saw the baby legs, feet, arms, fingers, heart, baby teeth, spine...etc. And the lady showed us the private part too!! Hahaha...she asked us if we wanted to know the gender...we said "yes". My baby is a boy. How about you? How do you feel recently?

My belly is getting bigger, and I can feel the fetal movement since last week. It's very funny...like a fish swims inside the tummy!!

Oh...really? You joined classes? Good for you!! My classes are almost finished...2 more left. Last night, the lady was talking about epidural. I am still thinking about it.

Tell me some more things about your recent life la!! Talk to you later!! Take care!!

原文章由 blueberriii 於 07-7-28 06:29 發表

ahbocat...

i havent online for long long time already...since im really so bz for my new company...how are u and ur baby...did you get all the report? like IPS or Anatomy scan? im okay for ...

複式洋房

積分: 292

163#
發表於 07-8-10 06:00 |只看該作者
Hi everybody,

I'm a new member on this forum. My first baby will be due on Oct 22, 07. I'm going to deliver my baby in NYGH. My OB is Dr. Chu, same as PoohPoohMaMa. At first, i was a bit worried about my OB doc, as everybody goes to either Dr. Paul Shuen or Dr. Ho. Nobody knows Dr. Chu, but so far i find he's very nice. Hope everything is ok.

I also went to Lydia's class. For those ppl who are going to her class, be prepared the classes are very long. It could be quite exhausting at the end of the day. She's very experienced and she's such a strong advocate for breastfeeding. I hope i'll be successful in BFing my baby too.

I haven't shopped around for baby stuff yet, but i found a lot of useful info in this forum. There are some problems for me though. My husband has decided to relocate back to HK once baby is born (when he/she is around 2 months old). As a result, i don't know whether i should invest on all the bulky baby stuff, like carseat, stroller, cribbe etc. because we may not be able to bring everthing back to HK, plus i don't know if the carseat/stroller will be too bulky to use in HK. Can anybody give me your opinion on it? Thanks a lot.

大宅

積分: 2823

164#
發表於 07-8-11 04:35 |只看該作者
Hi JamJam,

welcome to the board. Dr. Chu is a good OB. Although he is young, he is more caring I find. If isn't he, I won't be able to be admitted last time. I would be sent back to home. he he. He is good.

原文章由 JamJam2007 於 07-8-10 06:00 發表
Hi everybody,

I'm a new member on this forum. My first baby will be due on Oct 22, 07. I'm going to deliver my baby in NYGH. My OB is Dr. Chu, same as PoohPoohMaMa. At first, i was a bit worri ...

別墅

165#
發表於 07-8-15 00:40 |只看該作者
Hi JamJam,

Nice to meet you!! 2 more months for you, so good ah!! My due date is mid-Dec.

Oh...you and your husband have decided to move back to HK after the baby gets birth? Wow...what a big decision!!

Do you have a car in HK? If you don't, then you don't really need to buy a car seat for just 2 months. Some of the stores in here offer car seat rental, I can give you the phone number/website if you need. For stroller, you may need a very light and "easy to carry" one for HK living. I think HK may have more choices than here...and should be cheaper tim!! You don't have to have the stroller as you can always carry your baby with the car seat. In here, I just know Peg Perego P3 stroller is very light and popular, you can use it in HK too, but again HK may sell it in a cheaper price. Crib? I don't think you need a crib for 2 months. Portable playard/basket may solve your problem. You can take it with you to HK, and use it before you settle. There is something called "Close and Secure Sleeper" selling in BabiesRUs and Sears. It is another choice. You can put it on anywhere as a bed for your baby. Sears has it on sale now...save $10 (original $59.99). Others small "immediate using" stuffs, you have no choice la, you have to buy them here.

Hope these can help la!! Take care!!

原文章由 JamJam2007 於 07-8-10 06:00 發表
Hi everybody,

I'm a new member on this forum. My first baby will be due on Oct 22, 07. I'm going to deliver my baby in NYGH. My OB is Dr. Chu, same as PoohPoohMaMa. At first, i was a bit worri ...

大宅

166#
發表於 07-8-15 04:19 |只看該作者
Actually, I compare the price, I think Peg-Perego is cheaper here. Please check the price before buying. Check the 0/3 Baby website, you can have some idea how much. If you only stay here for 2 months, no need to buy stroller because you will carry the baby carseat most of the time in the first few months.

原文章由 ahbocat 於 07-8-15 00:40 發表
Hi JamJam,

Nice to meet you!! 2 more months for you, so good ah!! My due date is mid-Dec.

Oh...you and your husband have decided to move back to HK after the baby gets birth? Wow...what ...

複式洋房

積分: 292

167#
發表於 07-9-9 11:43 |只看該作者
Hi PoohPoohMama & ahbocat,

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you very much for your info. We decided not to buy the bulky stuff as it will be difficult to bring them back to HK. As Ahbocat suggested, we bought the Secure and Close Sleeper. Luckily, my friend lent her car seat to us so we don't have to buy a new one which will only be used for 2 months.

Even without the bulky items, we still have a lot of stuff to prepare and buy. The past weekend we went to Buffalo for shopping. A lot of baby stuff is cheaper than here. In particular, i bought a manual breast pump at Toysrus and it was $35 dollars cheaper down there. Unbeliveable!

Do you guys or anybody have any recommendations on pediatricians in Toronto? I think i'll ask Dr. Chu too but don't know if he will really give suggestions. I'd prefer a Chinese speaking one as i need to find out with him/her whether i should start the immunization here or in HK for my baby.

禁止訪問

積分: 93097

168#
發表於 07-9-23 02:50 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

複式洋房

積分: 302

169#
發表於 07-11-7 04:59 |只看該作者
Hi, are you 2007 new mom? How old is your baby now? How is your baby doing?

My son was just born in August 3rd. He was 3 months old now. But he is not a good sleeper. I always have to hold him to help him fall asleep since he cannot sleep on his own in the crib. Last night, I started to teach him to sleep in the crib by letting him cry for 10 mins. That really made me feel so uncomfortable. Does anyone have same experiences? How can I make him fall asleep in the crib, not my arms?

By the way, I do not have many chinese/hong kong "new mom" friends in Toronto. Would you like to share more with me here?

別墅

170#
發表於 07-11-9 02:28 |只看該作者
Hi Flo_ang,

Nice to meet you!! I am a new mom-to-be, I still have 5 more weeks to go before I give birth.
Sorry ah...I may not able to help you because I don't have this kind of problem yet!! But looks like it is not too good to leave your son to cry for 10 mins. The prenatal class nurse said that your baby will feel lack of care if you leave him alone to cry until he gets tried and falls asleep.

Did you try to wrap him with blanket? Then he will feel more secure. How about music?

大宅

171#
發表於 07-11-9 04:23 |只看該作者
Hi flo_ang,

Welcome to the discussion!

If you wanna train your baby to sleep alone, you can try slowly. Let him sleep alone for 5 minutes. If he cries, go to hold him. Let him alone again for 10 minutes this time. If he cries, go to hold him. Then, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, etc.

Depending on the personality of the baby, some babies will be trained in a week, some will take longer times. My girl took a long time, but she didn't wanna to sleep by herself again when she was teething and sick. Even she is like that now.

My baby boy is able to sleep on his own from birth.

Btw, my girl is 3 and son is 7 months old.

原文章由 flo_ang 於 07-11-7 04:59 發表
Hi, are you 2007 new mom? How old is your baby now? How is your baby doing?

My son was just born in August 3rd. He was 3 months old now. But he is not a good sleeper. I always have to hold him to he ...

民房

積分: 2

172#
發表於 07-11-10 02:34 |只看該作者
Hi all,

I am a newcomer to this forum. I want to ask if anyone could tell me their experience with Dr. Paul Shuen. I want to see Dr. Man Fan Ho but he is already fully booked for June 2008. I saw some really bad comments about Dr. Paul Shuen on other websites. Should I be worried about this doctor?

大宅

173#
發表於 07-11-10 04:36 |只看該作者
em..

I know some of the mothers here like Dr. Shuen, but all of my friends told me to stay AWAY from him. He has some attitude problem. He was late for someone's birth for 45 minutes recently!

If Dr. Ho is full, you can try Dr. Dennis Chu. He is very nice and he didn't ask for any admin fee.

原文章由 highliter 於 07-11-10 02:34 發表
Hi all,

I am a newcomer to this forum. I want to ask if anyone could tell me their experience with Dr. Paul Shuen. I want to see Dr. Man Fan Ho but he is already fully booked for June 2008. I saw ...

民房

積分: 2

174#
發表於 07-11-16 02:59 |只看該作者
Thank you PoohPoohMaMa.

Just called Dr. Chu's office and was told that he does not take any new patient now. :-( I guess I don't have any choice.

複式洋房

積分: 302

175#
發表於 07-11-21 03:08 |只看該作者
Hi there, thanks poohpoohmama and ahbocat for your comments.

I actually have tried to let my son cry for few nights from 5 mins to 15 mins but I gave up as it was a very brutal experience for both of us. then I found a rattle that I used to shake beside his ear. Surprisingly, this could make him fall asleep on his own in the crib. I have tried to use the rattle for few nights until he was able to sleep without any helps. My husband and I were so happy that I do not need to hold him for few hours every day and night. Though he still gets very fussy sometimes, he is getting much better than before.:-P

大宅

176#
發表於 07-11-21 03:18 |只看該作者
flo_ang,

that's great to know you find a way that works for you. That's so interesting that every child is different. You have to be creative and can't just follow 1 method. My sister's daughter will fall to sleep when she listen to one particular song.

原文章由 flo_ang 於 07-11-21 03:08 發表
Hi there, thanks poohpoohmama and ahbocat for your comments.

I actually have tried to let my son cry for few nights from 5 mins to 15 mins but I gave up as it was a very brutal experience for both o ...

大宅

積分: 1136

177#
發表於 07-12-5 06:11 |只看該作者
Hi everyone,
My son is almost 6months old and he is doing great! He is even bigger than my daughter when she was 1 year old as he already reaching the computer table'd height, however, he just BIG, he still not yet able to sit. Currently I am teaching him to eat, but he acts funny! It likes putting bullet in his mouth and he will spit out right away! Besides, he likes to rub the food on his face and he seems getting allergy on it. In the last 2 days, I gave him onion cake, then he seems loves it and it is the first time he really swallow something. To avoid him rubbing food on his face, I think giving bread is better.

Speaking of cooking, I am so happy that I am getting better since I am a full time home mom! In the last weekend while we all suffer from heavy snow, I achieved to make spring-onion cake, BBQ pork and roast pork. It is not super fantanstic, but it is good start and my daughter loves my cooking very much. I always wish to be a good cook and it is getting closer for my dream to come true!

首頁

尾頁

跳至