有無人因為bb quit 左份工,當中有咩考慮?
希望過來人分享。
謝!

男爵府

積分: 6887

2#
發表於 14-4-1 11:03 |只看該作者
回覆 Babymas 的帖子

I was a full-time secondary school teacher before. When my kids were at kindergarten level, I thought I could balance between work and family. But these two years, I found myself exhausted after work every day, with little energy to care for the kids. I hired a private tutor to follow their homework. I was usually absent from their school activities like sports day or school picnic.
Then, I had a chance and switched to work part-time (in the same school). Now, I work in the mornings only. I have time to monitor my kids more closely, pick them up every day and read more books with them. I see the workload of my colleagues is getting heavier and heavier every year. The management team always expects the staff to stay very late at school and be whole-heartedly devoted to work, so I won't consider going back to full-time work.

點評

boyceyan  妳講既全部係事實!我都好唔想做!  發表於 14-5-13 14:22

伯爵府

積分: 15708

3#
發表於 14-4-1 12:14 |只看該作者
我想quit但經濟上冇可能
好彩呢到很多同事都會leave on time,唔會啲野hea住做(my pet hate)
平日照顧唔到bb,返到屋企玩2-3個鐘佢又要瞓
做weekend mum law

大宅

積分: 1294

4#
發表於 14-4-1 16:00 |只看該作者
我之前係幼稚園老師,好忙,好多paper work拎返屋企做,為咗個囡,最後quit咗,轉咗做playgroup老師,時間好少少,可以陪個囡多d。

別墅

積分: 518

5#
發表於 14-4-1 19:13 |只看該作者

回覆:教師媽媽?

I'm actually a secondary school teacher.
I am also a weekend mother, seeing my son everyday after work at my mum's home and taking him back on Friday nights and weekends.
I'm not senior at work but my boss expected too much (corresponding to my rank). I have been very much devoted these years but it turned out i was not appreciated at all. i have been questioning my working ability and i am losing my confidence. i talked to my friends who also work at schools recently and realize that I have really suffered too much for what I am given (my rank). I'm kind of very frustrated and really wish to leave. My husband is okay with that and my parents said OK too. however, I am so much worried about my future, like the pressure we need to take if only my husband is working and whether I would be able to work again in the future when my son, anyway, grows up and i need to go back to my own life.
I think my body condition is telling me that my recent mode of life cannot sustain.
how am I really supposed to leave this place ? I don't know. I don't have the courage to make this change.
and afterall, I don't want to take ftm as a shelter from my work.
feel bad.

禁止訪問

積分: 163

6#
發表於 14-4-1 22:10 |只看該作者

回覆:Babymas 的帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

子爵府

積分: 12488

7#
發表於 14-4-2 15:19 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 edith208 於 14-4-3 10:32 編輯

i have been working for more than 18 years and I have 3 kids. My youngest stays with my mum during weekdays and returns home with us during weekends and long school holidays. The two elder girls in primary school have a lot of homework. They have a lot of after school activities.

I don't hire any helpers. After school, picking up girls from interest classes, preparing and cooking dinner, housework, checking girls' homework is all my life. Luckily F6 students are on study leave. There is less marking. But the F1 class causes trouble from time to time. Very annoying, very naive.

The best thing is to see how students grow. It is very rewarding when they come to visit me after graduation.

Yet I am happy to be a working mum. I am no better than others in any aspect but I am blessed to have healthy kids and a loving husband, supportive parents and parents-in-law, cooperative colleagues.

What's more can I ask for?

男爵府

積分: 6887

8#
發表於 14-4-2 17:34 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 magiccandy 於 14-4-2 17:35 編輯
If your body condition is telling you that you are under too great pressure, then I believe change is necessary for you. How about consider changing to another school / work part-time / work for tutorial classes? There are many options. To be honest, ftm can be quite boring and colourless. I'm not the kind of very caring mother. I can't stay 24 hours at home just looking after the kids. Career and self-actualization are also essential for a modern woman. I try not to retreat to a totally dependent wife as this will pose a lot of pressure to your husband and other problems may arise. Moreover, it's not easy to get back to the job market and earn the same salary after you leave for several years. Discuss more with your husband and understand how he feels also.

洋房

積分: 93

9#
發表於 14-4-2 20:01 |只看該作者
特教媽媽一樣,
只係無公開試壓力,
但要不停製作課業,寫單元報告,……
唯有把握時間,
講真真係好想轉半職

點評

Dydiebb  我都想轉特教...  發表於 14-4-2 23:29

洋房

積分: 93

10#
發表於 14-4-2 20:01 |只看該作者
特教媽媽一樣,
只係無公開試壓力,
但要不停製作課業,寫單元報告,……
唯有把握時間,
講真真係好想轉半職

大宅

積分: 2878

11#
發表於 14-4-2 20:23 |只看該作者

回覆:magiccandy 的帖子

I have been a part-time secondary school teacher for 2 yrs. Before that I had been a full-time teacher for 12 yrs. All the full-time colleagues in my panel are overload. Though I\'m a part-time teacher and I don\'t need to be a class teacher, my teaching workload is actually 70-80 percent of theirs. I expect the peak in the 2nd term will come very soon and this can drive me crazy . I find it hard to strike a balance btw work and family. I really want to give up more for my kids but many things hinder my decision, say my parents and my career path.

大宅

12#
發表於 14-4-2 20:37 |只看該作者

回覆:edith208 的帖子

好欣賞你,好正面。能夠冇工人搞掂三個真係好叻。我成日問自己半職湊兩個都唔可以平衡到家庭工作,係咪自己唔capable 教書?究竟係咪仲應該教下去?好可能出年唔再教,但我對自己揾唔搵到$養父母冇乜信心。

子爵府

積分: 12488

13#
發表於 14-4-2 21:16 |只看該作者

回覆:cch0928 的帖子

The worst time has passed... September to December can be a nightmare yet students come and go. So does tonnes of workload. I do complain about students, workload and the boss when the earth keeps revolving. Adopting a positive attitude does help.

大宅

14#
發表於 14-4-3 09:36 |只看該作者

回覆:edith208 的帖子

I don\'t teacher F 6 this yr so my worst time is coming. Soon I have to spend time on preparing Ss for SBA, then I have only a month left for setting papers, the actual SBA and giving Ss assignments for daily marks, and spend another month on marking papers and homework crazily.

點評

edith208  keep fighting. We teach students to be positive, right?  發表於 14-4-3 10:31

大宅

積分: 4140

15#
發表於 14-4-7 21:12 |只看該作者

又到四月,學校呢D時間plan下年工作,講真有諗𨍭part time, 但唔係好捨得份人工,以及好似代表放棄了career path。但又好想多些時間陪伴女女好矛盾

大宅

積分: 1718

16#
發表於 14-4-7 23:37 |只看該作者

I was a secondary school teacher and I quit before I gave birth in November.

做老師日日對住人地D小朋友,但連自己小朋友既家長日、旅行,都可能去唔到!

So I decided to look after my son all by myself ... And my son is nearly 1 and a half year old, I have no regret!

大宅

積分: 1512

17#
發表於 14-4-9 11:36 |只看該作者

回覆:ccchong 的帖子

我已向學校申請半職,因有位同事一直都有這想法,所以大家夾得到。我之前也感矛盾,因冇左半人工,但細想冇左人半人工,也許到頭來呻笨,不是真的一半workload, 但肯定少了教擔及不用一整天留在學校吧!少了半人工卻換來多點空間時間顧下屋企或對小朋友,我相信是有賺的,打個和都開心呀!
再者,我近max了,都唔打算什麼再上一層樓,有份穩定收入,繼續我喜歡的工作(不過不想太長時間而已),又多番d時間給自己及家庭,work life balance is important !
期望這個觀念成趨勢,各行各業都支持就好了!

大宅

積分: 4140

18#
發表於 14-4-9 11:44 |只看該作者

引用:我已向學校申請半職,因有位同事一直都有這

原帖由 lkm2007 於 14-04-09 發表
我已向學校申請半職,因有位同事一直都有這想法,所以大家夾得到。我之前也感矛盾,因冇左半人工,但細想冇 ...
你係gm ?要幾耐先max? p fund又点計?

點評

edith208  GM ceiling is pt 32.  發表於 14-4-10 12:25

大宅

19#
發表於 14-4-9 16:09 |只看該作者

回覆:lkm2007 的帖子

贊成試下,我當日就是覺得我的孩子比半份人工更貴重,所以我轉低一個grade要教高班都要試下。雖然別人睇來我蝕咗好多,而我都呢年嘅經驗亦唔太開心,但我冇後悔過,只係問自己可否為他們放棄更多。

大宅

20#
發表於 14-4-9 16:23 |只看該作者

引用:I+don\\\'t+teacher+F+6+this+yr+so+my+worst

原帖由 cch0928 於 14-04-03 發表
I don't teacher F 6 this yr so my worst time is coming. Soon I have to spend time on preparing Ss f ...
其實我都想positive d,但係人老了,要成個幾二個月都係每日瞓得三四個鐘改功課,我真係完全不能控制咁depressed.昨日同事倒數仲有35 school days, 我而家有80篇文在手,仲有二百幾篇文 和100 listening tasks Easter後先教同收到。

首頁

尾頁

跳至