跳至

首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 7794

1#
發表於 07-8-29 22:58 |只看該作者
Dear all mom,
Part 5 太滿, 好多媽咪返工 load 唔到message..so要 open part 6 la..

想 check 舊 message, please click below

http://forum.baby-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=751336&extra=page%3D1

男爵府

2831#
發表於 10-2-20 22:27 |只看該作者

Dear US moms,
We had function in New York, Down Town Hospital.. Chinese New Year Celebration.. Master Zhao wrote this Art for our forum.. which we could help more moms here and all of children grow up healthy !!
I share it with all of you here.. or if you got facebook account.. let me know

[ 本帖最後由 Nillie_Mami 於 10-2-20 09:29 編輯 ]

男爵府

2830#
發表於 10-2-15 20:10 |只看該作者
祝各靚媽媽
新年快樂
小朋友--聽教聽話
老公--揾份安定嘅工
自己--唔駛咁辛苦

祝快嚟US 嘅媽咪
落地平安, 事事順境

男爵府

2829#
發表於 09-12-1 22:04 |只看該作者
All moms from TX,
If you don't get used to drive in the snow, DO NOT DRIVE for safety! Please..
It is very slippy on the road especially the snow is melting and your car is not 4X4 or AWD..
Please use car service until the snow is clear...

Weather gets wired.. stay warmth..

If your state allow you to apply for HEAP... go for it.. it can save your electricity $50-$500 (one time only).

男爵府

2828#
發表於 09-11-20 22:39 |只看該作者

臨終關懷研討會

在09年11月23日(星期一)
上午十時三十分至下午一時
Address: 6323, 7th Ave Brooklyn NY 11220

我們將有一個臨終關懷研討會。
我們請張醫生來給我們講話。
我們將有免費的午餐,贈品及抽獎。
如果你的家人或朋友要來,請致電 718-921-7917
只歡迎中國人 (Chinese only)。

(workshop is in Cantonese)

歡迎參加
我會喺2樓接待各位...

男爵府

2827#
發表於 09-11-20 22:28 |只看該作者

KEEP- Kindey Early Evaluation Program

National Kidney Foundation will held another time for the free body check - blood work, urine test and free doctor visit at Manhattan.

Time will be at April. Manhattan, China Town.

It must be registrated.

If you or your loved one or family/ friends, got lay off, no insurance, or "un-documented--I.I".

Please bare in mind..this telephone number. We are going to help again as we got funding for it. All result will mail to your address and if you wish, we can send them to your primary doctor, heart doctor or any doctor you wish to give them a copy.

At middle of Jan, 2010-- please call 718-921-7917
This is the asian home care service Hotline.

男爵府

2826#
發表於 09-11-20 22:23 |只看該作者

甲流盛行 法拉盛辦健康論壇

That is 11/13/2009 our service at Assemblywoman Ms. Grace Meng's office.

http://www.ntdtv.com/xtr/b5/2009/11/14/a378662.html#video

we have the Workshop at Ms Meng's office every month, if you are living in NY, specially in Queens, welcome to join. Our topics are different every time.

男爵府

2825#
發表於 09-8-22 07:06 |只看該作者

慈濟愛心健康日, Brooklyn 義診 8/23/2009 (SUNDAY)~~~

慈濟愛心健康日, Brooklyn 義診 8/23/2009 (SUNDAY)~~~
Time: 10am - 2pm~~~
全部40位醫生都是講中文的醫生...歡迎參加
我會喺2樓接待各位...

別墅

積分: 858

2824#
發表於 09-8-18 13:32 |只看該作者
Fish Oil For Kid Around 5 - Which brand is good at USA? Anyone can help?

男爵府

2823#
發表於 09-8-16 03:59 |只看該作者
Message for New York city BK mom

we got a whole box of Enfamil (concentate)for donation here. at S.I. If any mom interested, please pm me.. pick up at Staten Island.

大宅

積分: 1760

2822#
發表於 09-3-31 00:55 |只看該作者
For those who live in the Bay Area in CA:

FIRST 5 Santa Clara County is offering a FREE event for families with young
children!!
Attached is a flier about the event and here is a link to it also on our

The details about the event are:

What: KIDS GET OFF THE COUCH DAY
When: Saturday, April 18, 10:00-2:30 pm
Where: Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 3600 Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose

Come enjoy free fun and fit activities for families with young children ages
0-5. A drawing will be held to win a tricycle!

Schedule of activities:
10:00 am Wake up and Warm up with Leslie Sokol from Dance Kids
10:15am Story Time
10:30 am How to Read Aloud with Your Child
11:00 am Music Performance with PAPA HUGS BAND
12:00 pm Talk with Elina Wong, author of “Kids Adventures Around San
Francisco Bay”
12:45 pm Make Healthy Snacks With Your Child
1:30 pm Doc Talk – Pediatricians answer your burning questions
2:00 pm Move & Groove with Sharon Pao from the Calabazas Library

For more information, or to receive color copies of the flyer that you can
distribute to families please contact:

Jo Seavey-Hultquist, Community Programs Coordinator, FIRST 5 Santa Clara
County, (408) 260-3720 or [email protected]

男爵府

2821#
發表於 09-3-20 20:59 |只看該作者
月尾至黎落暴雪….真係俾佢玩C, 好在我雪gloves,
”不離車, 大家出入小心啊

原帖由 ndw 於 09-3-4 12:48 AM 發表
Nillie
你一D都唔好衰。 我老公都是這樣教阿女。

Thank you.

子爵府

積分: 13712

2820#
發表於 09-3-4 13:48 |只看該作者
Nillie
你一D都唔好衰。 我老公都是這樣教阿女。

Thank you.

男爵府

2819#
發表於 09-3-3 20:28 |只看該作者
ndw,
my 5.5 years old knows how to 安慰人但唔識安慰自己... 我係咪好衰... 成日教佢阿Q精神... everybody makes mistake.
原帖由 ndw 於 09-3-3 12:12 AM 發表
Hi Nillie,
Thank you for your sharing:
"for the strong mind child..
Amanda was one of those.. "
My daughter #1 is this way too. I think she is even more, she could upset and tell the dead object "Don' ...

子爵府

積分: 13712

2818#
發表於 09-3-3 13:12 |只看該作者
Hi Nillie,
Thank you for your sharing:
"for the strong mind child..
Amanda was one of those.. "
My daughter #1 is this way too. I think she is even more, she could upset and tell the dead object "Don't do that" with engry voice. She is not yong, she is 5 now.
I told my husband that may be he let her watches too much Toy Story, Finding Nimo...

Did Amanda stopped being upset? or She tells you it's okay but she does not control herself being upset?

男爵府

2817#
發表於 09-3-2 19:31 |只看該作者

NYC schools closed today

Dear all moms in NYC, NJ, CI (some states in eastern coast)
Deal to the snow storm today, school closed.
今日因暴風雪關係, 學校停課
for more detail please go to
http://www.myfoxny.com

http://schools.nyc.gov/Home/Spotlight/20090302_weather.htm
New York City public schools are closed today due to snow and wind conditions. Department of Education offices are open.

[ 本帖最後由 Nillie_Mami 於 09-3-2 07:00 編輯 ]

男爵府

2816#
發表於 09-2-28 22:29 |只看該作者
be honest.. I feel the same way just like your mom and friends...
it is a waste, to stay at home.. as he is schooling.
hum.. but many mom would say.. to stay with young children now, better than when they are in junior high. because "bonding" is the issue.
relationship must set up at the early stage with kids, so they will rely on you.
I feel so sorry to both of them, as I can not give up my job as I am the breadmaker. if I stop working, Gabriel will not able to go to daycare, and Amanda had to go back to staten island and studies in the regular PS.
we may have to sell our house as well to maintain the monthly expense.
it is so lucky for your son and husband to have you, to manage the family.
again.. as I said.. once you have too much roles at the same time.. 只會張張刀, 冇張利..
I used to clean my house twice a day, wipe floor every day, wash all toys 1-2 a week.
at least 2 dishes and fresh soup every night.
wash all children laundry by hands.
now.. don't even think about it.
Amanda's clothes even the towels, I hand wash them until she turns 2 years old, because I don't want the washing machine damage her clothes, also, she has skin problem, I don't want her to suffer from ezcema. hand wash is the only way.
For Gabriel.. I feel so guilty for him.. this little one.. what I can do, just breast feed him until he was 21 months. then we sent him to daycare.
glad that, both amanda and gabriel are happy children.
for the strong mind child..
Amanda was one of those.. even when she practices her piano, and she presses the wrong keys, she was quite upset. So, I play the same note and mean to make some mistake on it.. and pretend I am upset.. then, she learnt, and comes to me, and say" mami, it is ok.. don't get upset, everybody makes mistake".
hum.. for gabriel.. he is the same, but he is too young to educate him.. and I have to find the way which is good for him to learn from the lose
原帖由 SY_Mom 於 09-2-27 09:39 PM 發表
nillie,

i'm totally with u ... as my son is also a daddy's boy and actually he always said he hates me. so my husband always told me to take care of myself first and not to sacrifice too much for my ...

別墅

積分: 781

2815#
發表於 09-2-28 11:52 |只看該作者
rose-mag,

I see. I didn't know the details about the SF lottery. So it's more like our HK primrary -> Sec school type of lottery huh... Back when I was P.6, I also applied for sec school on our own so I actually got accepted from the school of my choice and didn't go through the lottery. That year, we could applied different schools (even in different school district) but only able to go to one of the applied school for the exam (kinda like the early admission). I lived in Eastern District in HK Island and my sec school was in the Western District up on the hill. It was a commute from one end of the island to the other end. Actually I had classmates who live in TsingYi (no MTR there back then) and Tsuen Wan etc. A lot of us commuted from different areas.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'd like my kid to have independent thinking and strong will... with good moral character.

When will your son's preschool start? My son will be 3 this June and his 3yo preschool class will start this September. Right now, I am in the process of potty training him. Usually it's too late to get him up on the toliet seat on time if he tells me he needs to poo. I got the potty ring (to put in adult's toliet seat) and he sat there fine but he usually needs help to step on the step stool, turned around his body to sit there. My mom complaining that I should get a small potty seat to put on the floor so he can help himself. I don't know how long he really need a potty chair but I guess I need to buy one soon before my mom get more frustrated...

原帖由 rose-mag 於 09-2-27 16:09 發表

Hi bunnymonkey,
Yes, the concept of lottery is really crazy, just like when I was in primary school in HK, the scheme used to determine which secondary school students should be placed to was of the ...

大宅

2814#
發表於 09-2-28 10:39 |只看該作者
nillie,

i'm totally with u ... as my son is also a daddy's boy and actually he always said he hates me. so my husband always told me to take care of myself first and not to sacrifice too much for my son, as we both expect that he won't take care of me when i get old. again, especially boys ...
however, for girls, they will understand and love their mothers more when they have their own kids.
so far i haven't sacrificed much for my son except that i haven't worked since he's borned. sometimes i'm not even sure if it's worth it to do so when i looked back. that's quite a lot of money if i had worked for 5-6 years, and more importantly it's kinda hard to get back to my career as technologies change so quickly.
i don't think my son and even my husband would appreciate it. my mom kept saying her friends and relatives said what a waste that i don't go to work since i'd studied for so many years.

so, that's good for you if u can handle both work and family lives at the same time.

[ 本帖最後由 SY_Mom 於 09-2-28 10:53 編輯 ]

大宅

2813#
發表於 09-2-28 10:21 |只看該作者
rose-mag,

u know what?! my son's reaction was like yr friend's son's when playing board games. even if i told him it's ok to lose, he still said that it's not ok and that's not fair ... a few weeks ago, he went to his classmate's place to play monopoly game together. his classmate also had the same reaction. his classmate already got upset at the beginning becoz he got less dots on the dice that he rolled and he couldn't go first. i think most strong-will kids (esp. boys) are like that. they like to compete and always wanna be the winner.

back to the good school districts all the way from k to 12, you can definitely move into those areas. for $1.1-1.3m, you could get a tiny little old house in those areas. if you're willing to pay more, of course u can get bigger houses la.

btw, if u decided to send yr kids to the public elementary schools, you'd better move like at least a year before your older one starts kindergarten. otherwise, space is not guaranteed at your home school (usually closest one). then you might be assigned to a school where is a bit far and more importantly it might not be as good as your home school although it's still within the same school district. if you move after yr son started kindergarten somewhere else, it's even harder to get a space starting from 1st grade. usually only a couple to a few spots available afterwards. we are exactly that case.

首頁

尾頁

跳至