跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1207

1#
發表於 08-1-2 14:27 |只看該作者
Dear All,

We'll move to Toronto May/Jun 08. Now checking for the mover quote. May I have your sharing?

Which co. you used? How much it cost for 20ft or 40ft? Good or bad?

I just call crown for reference, they charge around HK$72K for 20ft.....so so so expensive!!

Many thanks,
]

大宅

積分: 3712

好媽媽勳章

2#
發表於 08-1-3 12:48 |只看該作者
原文章由 Tsang04 於 08-1-2 01:27 發表
Dear All,

We'll move to Toronto May/Jun 08. Now checking for the mover quote. May I have your sharing?

Which co. you used? How much it cost for 20ft or 40ft? Good or bad?

I just call crown for refe ...

Was your quote for door to door service and insured(but need to check for the insured types)? Included packing, unpacking, delivery, customs (but you must go to clear customs yourself) etc?? I had no idea about this now, but one thing to remind you, you must make sure if the cost includes everything in canada and no need to pay anything extra to the moving comapany in canada. i had once heard from a friend's friend who need to pay for the local agent fee in canada, which he thought included in the charges paid to the hk moving agent, so he was out of budget. he had chosen the cheapest quote in hk, sort of small company (not famous one)
I worked for moving company in canada (local, canadian and US move only). the moving cost in canada is very expensive if using the main stream company, this mean that the company had already insured for your shipment and if you have any claims, they will look after and repaired for you.
the cost for local moving in canada can be very extreme. I think Crown cooperated with bigger company in canada for the local delivery. Your shipment should have been insured and if any claims, you can get the reimbursement of the damaged items or have these repaired for you. some small moving companies may charge only about CAD50-70 per hour but of course no claims of any kind later, and may take longer hour then quoted to you "dum ball chung".
my mom moved a month ago, she called for a local small company operated by chinese people, two people to work, they informed her 4 hours to complete, but at end took her 10 hours. if moved by my company, it would be around CAD1500-$2000, but will have about 4-5 workers for 4-5 hours plus shipment was insured. quotes from bigger company are in "job" base - everything was calculated beforehand, smaller company mostly in "hourly" base.

[ 本文章最後由 ckkwkl 於 08-1-4 14:21 編輯 ]

大宅

3#
發表於 08-1-4 18:04 |只看該作者
ckkwkl - thx so much for the sharing ....i then hv to ask the quote details...

原文章由 ckkwkl 於 08-1-3 12:48 發表

Was your quote for door to door service and insured(but need to check for the insured types)? Included packing, unpacking, delivery, customs etc?? I had no idea about this now, but one thing to remi ...
]

大宅

好媽媽勳章

4#
發表於 08-1-5 03:50 |只看該作者
原文章由 Tsang04 於 08-1-4 05:04 發表
ckkwkl - thx so much for the sharing ....i then hv to ask the quote details...

check for details for packing/unpacking services too, esp for the terms. will PBO (packed by owner) and unpacked by owner is protected or not. this may have cheaper on quote, but some moving agent will decline these packing claims.

大宅

5#
發表於 08-1-5 22:06 |只看該作者
oh....i c...many tks..

原文章由 ckkwkl 於 08-1-5 03:50 發表

check for details for packing/unpacking services too, esp for the terms. will PBO (packed by owner) and unpacked by owner is protected or not. this may have cheaper on quote, but some moving agent w ...
]

複式洋房

積分: 220

6#
發表於 08-1-10 16:12 |只看該作者
Hi CKKWKL

My family is going to move from Vancouver to Edmonton, can u refer a company and give me some advise/info. about the vehicle transportation. I asked a couple moving companies in local, they said they only do the train transport, except 1 chinese own company can transport by truck. Actually, I prefer transport by truck, because it allows some stuffs can load in the car.

大宅

好媽媽勳章

7#
發表於 08-1-12 00:16 |只看該作者
原文章由 Schaefer 於 08-1-10 03:12 發表
Hi CKKWKL

My family is going to move from Vancouver to Edmonton, can u refer a company and give me some advise/info. about the vehicle transportation. I asked a couple moving companies in local, the ...

i will check for you and inform you later. referring to vehicle, do you mean you car?

複式洋房

8#
發表於 08-1-12 16:09 |只看該作者
Thank you very much!

Yes, I mean the car transport to Edmonton.

大宅

好媽媽勳章

9#
發表於 08-1-13 00:44 |只看該作者
原文章由 Schaefer 於 08-1-12 03:09 發表
Thank you very much!

Yes, I mean the car transport to Edmonton.

I will check for the company that we usually use to transport car with my co-worker for you on Monday. However, I am not so sure if this is on a truck or in train. Another thing is, never load any personal belongings in your car. If anything is missing, no claims. This is the owner's responsibility to check your car before loading. Vehicle moving is another individual company, not part of the moving company. The moving company will usually gives this order to a third party for car moving.

複式洋房

10#
發表於 08-1-13 16:40 |只看該作者
ckkwkl, thank you for your time to search the info. for me.

大宅

好媽媽勳章

11#
發表於 08-1-15 00:34 |只看該作者
原文章由 Schaefer 於 08-1-13 03:40 發表
ckkwkl, thank you for your time to search the info. for me.

check PM

首頁

尾頁

跳至