跳至

首頁

尾頁

民房

積分: 77

1#
發表於 08-2-29 12:55 |只看該作者
I have a couple of questions here:

I have a 6-weeks girl and she is now in fully breast-feeding. In her 5th weeks, she was feed 6-7 meals per day and each time she suck both breasts (one breast in 15 mins and another breast in 5 mins.). Each meal can last for 3.5-4 hrs and I think it is prefect. Her weight gain is good (first month gain 2.2 pounds).

Then I went to Health Centre when she was 4 weeks old for injection. Since I will be back to office very soon and I have to go trips very often (1 weeks out of HK in every 2 months, at least) so I ask the nurse what can i do...she said I should try to feed the baby in one breast only(as she took 5 mins for another breast only, so i should jx let the girl to suck for one breast to stimulate more milk). Also, I must get a pump and pump when i feed the baby. So start from this week i keep my "inventory" by feeding one breast and pumping the other breast.

Then I realised the baby cry more often and I have to feed her every 2-3 hours. Why it happen? Is it cos' I pump to often and I don't have enough milk?

Each time I can pump only 2oz from one breast, is it very little?

Should I stop using the pump? But if not definately i don't have enough milk when i am away for one week. My first trip will be in mid-Apr.

How can i "steal" milk without interfering the milk quantity/quality?? any strategy??

Sorry that i may have too much questions. But i really want to feed my girl as long as i can...I don't want to give up but i don't know what to do next! Please help us!
THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

別墅

積分: 704

2#
發表於 08-2-29 14:42 |只看該作者
開始時是會少D奶, 但持之以恆, 最重要多喝水...吃飽&每次要擠清. 還記得我最初兩個月每次都少過120ML (全泵),當時都好無助, 幸好撐過了.現在一天一共都有三十幾OZ. 妳個BB仲細, 慢慢來一定得. 加油啊!

民房

3#
發表於 08-2-29 15:07 |只看該作者
thanks maggiewawa
I know i will get more milk if i pump more frequently. But should i pump + feed at the same time?? today I call the hotline of Health Centre and another nurse said the b of course will cry more often cos' the b is taking a lot of foremilk than hindmilk (she tried to explain the theory but she speak sooooooooooo fast and I don't understand), she said i should let the girl eat one side each time and should NOT pump at the same time...
aiya, so confusing...then i asked her how i can "steal" milk so that my girl could have milk if i am away for 7 days one month later and she didn't give me any answer...ai...very frustrating!! i just want her to have milk when i am away but seems very difficult... , i don't want to and give her formula when i am away...

原文章由 maggiewawa 於 08-2-29 14:42 發表
開始時是會少D奶, 但持之以恆, 最重要多喝水...吃飽&每次要擠清. 還記得我最初兩個月每次都少過120ML (全泵),當時都好無助, 幸好撐過了.現在一天一共都有三十幾OZ. 妳個BB仲細, 慢慢來一定得. 加油啊! ...

男爵府

積分: 5016

4#
發表於 08-2-29 16:05 |只看該作者
其實初初你邊餵邊泵時,bb真係會食少左,因為你真係"偷"左一d奶走!但只要你俾bb啜返密密少少同keep住係同一個時間泵,個身體自自然然就會知道你需要多d奶,咁就會造返多d奶架啦!慢慢bb食奶的時間又可以拉返長d架喇!

邊餵邊泵係最有效率架,努力!

民房

5#
發表於 08-2-29 16:41 |只看該作者
thanks yanlongma

so it means nothing about the foremilk and hindmilk even i pump + feed at the same time...as i don't want my bb to have foremilk only and cry for hunger often...

原文章由 yanlongma 於 08-2-29 16:05 發表
其實初初你邊餵邊泵時,bb真係會食少左,因為你真係"偷"左一d奶走!但只要你俾bb啜返密密少少同keep住係同一個時間泵,個身體自自然然就會知道你需要多d奶,咁就會造返多d奶架啦!慢慢bb食奶的時間又可以拉返長d架喇!

邊餵邊泵係 ...

男爵府

積分: 5016

6#
發表於 08-2-29 16:49 |只看該作者
個陣時我係健康院個姑娘話,食一邊可以食多d後奶,會飽d。咁我覺得都好有道理。
相反,唔係好明教你個姑娘點解會話同時pump+feed會食多左後奶?
原文章由 PWang 於 08-2-29 16:41 發表
thanks yanlongma

so it means nothing about the foremilk and hindmilk even i pump + feed at the same time...as i don't want my bb to have foremilk only and cry for hunger often...

複式洋房

積分: 467

7#
發表於 08-3-1 12:03 |只看該作者
PWang媽媽,你都好辛苦,咁快就要出trip,你都堅持餵人奶,真係要鼓掌。
BB喊多咗,有好多原因,一來可以少咗奶,或者啲奶出慢咗(因為要等身體做奶,好正常),又加上BB大咗要食多啲。但無論任何原因,你都唔好擔心,可以餵密少少,你嘅奶量就會增加,到時再儲奶就會輕鬆啲。放心啦,現在最重要提昇奶量,你可以試吓餵一邊,最少要15-20分鐘,再餵另一邊,餵完就兩邊泵15分鐘,記住,多數無奶出,呢個動作只係幫你話俾身體聽要多啲奶,過一段時間,出多咗奶,你就可以一邊餵一邊泵來儲奶。希望呢個方法幫到你。
如果再有問題,唔駛介意再問。

民房

8#
發表於 08-3-1 15:23 |只看該作者
ai...today is another harsh day...
Yesterday bb was feed every 3-3.5hrs and I was just thinking the situation is getting better. Each time I can feel my breasts are getting full - 谷奶, which I don't have this feeling before. Yesterday nite I can pump 3oz (one side, the other side are for my girl to feed), i feel so great!

BUT, today, no feeling of 谷奶 at all (not even a little), my breasts are so soft. I can only pump 1oz from one breast each time. My girl wake up every 2 hrs...

Why it drop suddenly again??

Astermama, thanks, I will try to pump as per what you said and see if any improvement...

my mum and dad always question me about why i don't have enough milk (since they see she is crying/feeding very often), ai, i tried to explain to them but they don't understand at all. They just said "you pump too often so you don't have enough milk law" And they said why not feed formula when i go out for trips...so discouraging!

民房

9#
發表於 08-3-1 15:33 |只看該作者
Astermama, i feel better after reading your reply/web from another thread "係咪要谷奶先夠bb食?". I will keep on.
BTW, i forgot to mention one point. Everytime after i feed my girl, i will change her nappy and she will smile to me (i think it is cos' she has full stomach + clean nappy) Since i can pump 1oz today and i feel so bad to my girl (i am so worried that she don't have enough to eat...a typical mom!) I try to play with her after changing nappy as usual and she SMILE to me still. So is it mean that she is still satisfied even i produce less milk??

Ai, everyday is a question day...

複式洋房

積分: 467

10#
發表於 08-3-4 14:02 |只看該作者
好開心個網站D文章幫到你。
BB埋身餵食咗幾多真係無人知,唔可以用泵嘅份量比較,真係好容易灰心和令自己不安。如果BB食完又笑,濕片片又夠多,就信BB俾你嘅信號。放心啦,你己經做得好好,我支持你!
仲有呀,唔駛俾壓力自己,就算出trip時未儲夠奶咪補,唔駛feel bad,記住瞓多D食多D就OK!

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊