跳至

首頁

尾頁

複式洋房

積分: 261

1#
發表於 08-4-25 12:24 |只看該作者
Dear mamas,

I bought a Medela Electric Mini pump but haven't been too successful with it. I have an Avent manual pump and had no problem getting milk. Just want to try the electric one.

Do you turn the mini pump to max? How long do you use it? Alternating between the two breasts? would it hurt your nipples? I'm quite worried about getting hurt - perhaps that's the problem?

Please share any tips/tricks!

Thank you!!

大宅

積分: 1038

2#
發表於 08-4-25 12:32 |只看該作者
Don't start in max!! It's hard to pump and you may feel painful, please start in min and adjust it step by step, until you feel it's comfortable and see the milk come out, normally I start in the middle is enough.
I use double pump, normally I pump 30 mins, if you use single pump, suggest you pump each side around 10 mins and repeat 1 or 2 times until you feel your breast are clear.

複式洋房

3#
發表於 08-4-25 12:50 |只看該作者
Thanks OneOneMa. Would your nipple get sore after 30 min? Seeing how the pump stretch them, I got quite nervous.

Also, does your milk flow goes on and off? Do you just keep the pump on and wait for the next let down? Sorry for so many questions. Thx again!

原文章由 OneOneMa 於 08-4-25 12:32 發表
Don't start in max!! It's hard to pump and you may feel painful, please start in min and adjust it step by step, until you feel it's comfortable and see the milk come out, normally I start in the midd ...

大宅

積分: 1038

4#
發表於 08-4-25 13:56 |只看該作者
Doesn't matter, welcome to ask~
The nipple won't get sore but it often distended, don't be nervous, it's same as your lovely baby drinking the milk, but BB will not make your nipple distended due to the area is smaller than the pump(have tongue inside the mouth mar). It's normal and won't felt painful. (unless you choose the wrong strength "too hard", therefore i suggest you start from minimum strength and adjust)

Yes, the milk flow is going on and off, becoz the milk 上唔切, you have to wait the second or third times let down, yes, I keep the pump on and waiting for it, I'll watch TV or magazine to wait.

子爵府

積分: 13212

5#
發表於 08-4-25 13:56 |只看該作者
Start with the very min level eveytiime when pump, it won't hurt u and scare u. ... pump one side for 15(non-stop), and start for another one, then go back for the previous side for another 15 min., milk will come out every few mins (i.e. 5-7min)..... wish u a happy bf life!

原文章由 ShiMama 於 08-4-25 12:50 發表
Thanks OneOneMa. Would your nipple get sore after 30 min? Seeing how the pump stretch them, I got quite nervous.

Also, does your milk flow goes on and off? Do you just keep the pump on and wait ...

複式洋房

6#
發表於 08-4-27 15:25 |只看該作者
thank you both! sounds like I just need to overcome my mental block and not to look at the nipple when pumping. =)

瑪瑙宮

積分: 128491

2024年龍年勳章 2024勳章 2023年兔年勳章 虎到金來勳章 開心吸收勳章

7#
發表於 08-4-28 03:52 |只看該作者
原文章由 ShiMama 於 08-4-27 15:25 發表
thank you both! sounds like I just need to overcome my mental block and not to look at the nipple when pumping. =)

唔係講笑, 唔好成日 dup 低頭望, 望得多會頸痛.

QE d 姑娘話連餵人奶時都唔好成日望住bb, 仲話 bb 唔會突然唔見左.. 所以我餵奶或者泵奶間中都會四圍望, 上下網, 打下機咁. 早排天氣熱餵餵下見到有小強, 即刻攬住 bb走人...

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊