81#
發表於 09-4-18 22:39 |只看該作者
Hi KL,

My answer is : -
X  XXX
X X XX
XX  XX
XXXXXX

The grids with 'X" are filled with bottles.

Am I correct?

Is this homework from school? Very interesting wor!! I like this type of questions instead of +-X/.

原帖由 kittylock 於 09-4-17 22:27 發表
Buddies,

Got a question from Kv's hw but can't find the solution. Anyone has idea how to solve the problem?

一個裝牛奶瓶的箱子分成4x6格,在這個箱子中放18瓶牛奶(每格最多只能放一瓶),要使各行各列的奶瓶數 ...
Gordon_No_4

大宅

積分: 1158

82#
發表於 09-4-18 23:13 |只看該作者
Hi Jsmami,

My son also likes to write and draw a lot. However, only he himself knows exactly what he has written and drawn. He even laughs when he writes or draws. But no one can understand what his writing or drawing mean and why he laughs. When he was small, I was very worried if he's got Autism. Fortunately, he's not.

Sometimes when he is telling stories (having practices at home for show-and-tell at school), he may suddenly stop and fall into deep thoughts and then laugh out loudly. He does not care much about the other people's responses. A "Kwei Lo" teacher comments him as a "free spirit" and has to be moderately controlled.
Gordon_No_4

侯爵府

積分: 20862

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章 BK Milk勳章

83#
發表於 09-4-19 00:15 |只看該作者
GN4,

Actually this problem got multiple answers.

Yours is one of the them.

Yes, this is from school. Kv's school will occassionally give this kind of questions to students to train up their logical thinking.

原帖由 Gordon_No_4 於 09-4-18 22:39 發表
Hi KL,

My answer is : -
X  XXXX X XXXX  XXXXXXXX

The grids with 'X" are filled with bottles.

Am I correct?

Is this homework from school? Very interesting wor!! I like this type of question ...

大宅

積分: 4008

84#
發表於 09-4-19 21:46 |只看該作者
KL & GN_4,
Wow, the maths question is a tough one! Definitely not +-x/!

GN_4,
My son likes to draw a lot. He enjoys drawing things repeatedly such as tall buildings, very structured. He even copies me to write test questions in a booklet & asks his peers to answer. Of course who cares but my son is so fond of it. I have to keep asking him to stop. This act makes me worried that he is autistic too, but he is not. Somehow he reminds me of the movie "The Beautiful Mind". I hope he won't lead such a life.

子爵府

積分: 12607

85#
發表於 09-4-20 16:05 |只看該作者
GN4,

Good for you woh !

I finally registered on eB today and used paypal to buy the item. And credit card centre imm called my mobile to double check. (said there were a few cases of fraud woh).

Wonder when I will get the goods.

Buddies,

I plan to buy some Lego from Sing in early May. If you have any wishlist, can let me know. I think I will go for ~4 days at the end of June so can collect them and claim GST.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-4-20 16:07 編輯 ]

侯爵府

86#
發表於 09-4-20 16:11 |只看該作者
blue*,

You got an ebay a/c finally! So you can bid/buy whatever you want la.

What did you get from ebay just now?

Re: SIN lego, any jetso item to buy pls?

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-20 16:05 發表
GN4,

Good for you woh !

I finally registered on eB today and used paypal to buy the item. And credit card centre imm called my mobile to double check. (said there were a few cases of fraud woh).

大宅

87#
發表於 09-4-20 17:29 |只看該作者
Thanks very much, BS*.. Time to shed some blood la...

BTW, would you pass me the website of the Sing lego shop?

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-20 16:05 發表
Buddies,

I plan to buy some Lego from Sing in early May. If you have any wishlist, can let me know. I think I will go for ~4 days at the end of June so can collect them and claim GST.
Gordon_No_4

子爵府

88#
發表於 09-4-20 17:33 |只看該作者
GN4, KL,

http://www.bricksworld.com/store/pc/home.asp

I will buy some magnets (Pls see 2009 - Apr on left hand side).
USD14.99 in lego.com, HK$199 in some local shops, NA in TRUs HK.

The new magnets can easily serve as minifigures.

KL,

Bought an electronic recorder for big pig. It was a buy now item, no bidding required. I still don't know how to bid. Need good technique for that.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-4-20 17:37 編輯 ]

侯爵府

89#
發表於 09-4-20 17:49 |只看該作者
blue*,

Can't find the magnet you mentioned.

My wishlist:
1. Skyline (S$159.9) - but currently out of stock
http://www.bricksworld.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=427

2. Shanghai Chase (S$49.9)
http://www.bricksworld.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=965

any comment?

#10189 looks great, but very expensive!

btw, why does piglet need a electronic recorder?

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-20 17:33 發表
GN4, KL,

http://www.bricksworld.com/store/pc/home.asp

I will buy some magnets (Pls see 2009 - Apr on left hand side).
USD14.99 in lego.com, HK$199 in some local shops, NA in TRUs HK.

The new magnet ...

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-4-20 17:52 編輯 ]

大宅

90#
發表於 09-4-20 18:36 |只看該作者
#10189 has 5922 pieces. Wow!! So big! It's challegning to find a place to display it after completion.

原帖由 kittylock 於 09-4-20 17:49 發表
#10189 looks great, but very expensive!
Gordon_No_4

大宅

91#
發表於 09-4-20 18:38 |只看該作者
Hi BS,

I have compiled the ebay transaction details and sent to you via email. Please check. I will return the change to you when I see you next time.
Gordon_No_4

侯爵府

92#
發表於 09-4-20 19:02 |只看該作者
GN4,

Yes, this one is for age 14+ and so complicated.

It measures over 20" (51cm) wide and over 16" (41cm) tall!

原帖由 Gordon_No_4 於 09-4-20 18:36 發表
#10189 has 5922 pieces. Wow!! So big! It's challegning to find a place to display it after completion.

子爵府

93#
發表於 09-4-20 19:24 |只看該作者
KL,

The electronic record is for big pig not piglet ah !

侯爵府

94#
發表於 09-4-20 19:37 |只看該作者
OIC..

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-20 19:24 發表
KL,

The electronic record is for big pig not piglet ah !

子爵府

95#
發表於 09-4-21 07:57 |只看該作者
Dear All Buddies,

Found surprisingly cheap, SARs Px packages in Sing Holidays for summer holidays, so am interested in a long haul trip eg HK Ldn Sing HK between mid July and end Aug.

Is anybody planning to go that way this summer too ? Take a look. I am vvv tempted. Itchy again haha.

子爵府

96#
發表於 09-4-21 07:59 |只看該作者
KL,

Piglet refuses to consider such huge items.
Not even for SW big sets.

I've seen some SW big sets under construction in shops - v complicated business and takes a lot of time.

Re : Skyline
Lego fans buy this one usually for the pieces to build buildings cos the cost per brick is quite cheap compared with other sets. Otherwise the set is not too attractive cos it doesn't look terribly good if you build it according to the instructions.

GN4,

If you still want to buy Exoforce, can check from Minifigures.com, some new or 2nd hand sets there, px OK. Piglet has had a total of 3 Exoforce sets so far, 1 normal robot, 1 small robot, and 1 "golden" robot limited edition which he still hasn't opened cos he wanted to buy it but never to open i, just keep it there in stock. But regretabbly the normal robot (a blue one) had great difficulty in standing up by itself.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-4-21 08:06 編輯 ]

大宅

97#
發表於 09-4-21 10:31 |只看該作者
BS,

隔山買牛,確是不易! The remaining HS mag are still o/s. It's more than a week since I last reminded the seller before the Easter holidays. So, sent an email to the seller yesterday. No reply yet. God blessed.

Hi BS, Jsmami, KL,

Just XXXX my maid this morning. She forgot to give antibiotics to my son before he went to school this morning. It is the 4th day since my son started his antibiotic. How come she forgot??
I asked her why she forgot. She said forgot was forgot, no reason!! How dares she!! Big attitude problem!

Moreover, she doesn't care about my kids' matters. Like last night, I just happened to find out that my son has not brought his drawing apron back home (probably lost at school several weeks ago). She is the one to prepare special bags for my son. E.g. lunch bag, art bag, PE bag, etc. How come she did not check if he's got it back and blow whistle to me when it's lost several weeks ago? She's a walking body without a soul!! She can't expect me to remind and tell her of everything. Otherwise, I will be her helper instead!

Actually, she is the younger sister of my previous maid, who had worked for me for several contracts. However, she is so carefree and absent minded. Two sisters of the same family, but two of them got total different characters. I employ her because her elder sister's recommendations. I have to call her elder sister, my previous maid, to complain her...
Gordon_No_4

子爵府

98#
發表於 09-4-21 11:10 |只看該作者
For Buddies who plan on a US Calif (incl L-land) holiday sometime this year.

I have 2 L-land admission tickets for free.

If you want the 2 free tickets, just let me know, but must make sure that you are definitely really going. Don't want to waste the 2 tickets.

子爵府

99#
發表於 09-4-21 11:30 |只看該作者
原帖由 Gordon_No_4 於 09-4-20 18:38 發表
Hi BS,

I have compiled the ebay transaction details and sent to you via email. Please check. I will return the change to you when I see you next time.

GN4,

Prefer to find more goodies than getting back the change !!!

I learnt 10y ago that a good maid's sis =/= a good maid too.

My 1st real bun was sis of my PT maid who worked for a friend. But this sis turned out to be half-sis only, v big eater and wai-sik, vvvvv lazy, and sees herself as The Queen, and left after working for me for 3.5m. She just wanted a free trip to HK, and her hubby didn't even know she came to work woh. And she wrote me a resignation letter, worked 1m notice, then went back to Bun-land and had the guts to claim that I owed her 1m payment in lieu of notice ! The agency asked me to fax them the resignation letter cos otherwise they will need to given $$ to her and become blacklisted by Bun Consulate.

She lives by a river, and has 3 kids herself, and when she 1st gave piglet a bath (only around 5m at the time), she sat on floor of bathroom gripped him in between her legs and bathed him ! Sei mei ! (still imagined that she was washing him in the river)

侯爵府

100#
發表於 09-4-21 13:35 |只看該作者
expiry date pls...

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-21 11:10 發表
For Buddies who plan on a US Calif (incl L-land) holiday sometime this year.

I have 2 L-land admission tickets for free.

If you want the 2 free tickets, just let me know, but must make sure that you ...

首頁

尾頁

跳至