跳至

首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 563

1#
發表於 09-4-17 09:56 |顯示全部帖子
harrierwong,

if your ultimate goal is DGJS, then you probably will need to transfer to a local kg for K1. Boxhill is a good kg, but mostly for the international primary school since their homework load is not enough compared to local kg. Your daughter will have a tough time transitioning to top tier primary school like DGJS even if she gets accepted. But if you are not thinking of top tier local primary school, then it's good to stay at boxhill till K3. I have met some boxhill parents and their kids who stayed their till K3 went to pui kiu college / Wong Kam Fai (HKBU primary school) / MOS holy spirit.

My elder daughter was at boxhill for PN class, which I was very pleased with her progress in that year and she loves the teachers there. But since I wanted her to go to local primary school, I have no choice but to transfer her to local kg in kowloon tong since K1. BTW, I remember they did have an orientation in June or July for parents, and also tell you which class your kid will be in.

My younger son is going to PN at boxhill in Aug too. we live in MOS too.

別墅

2#
發表於 09-4-19 17:31 |顯示全部帖子
Yeah, primary school is a big headache, my daughter is in K2 now and I'm going crazy about it. I remember more than half of my daughter's classmates went to those famous local KG in kowloon tong area.

別墅

3#
發表於 09-4-21 00:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 harrierwong 於 09-4-20 22:34 發表
Do u give extra lessons to your daughter? do u think Boxhill prepares your girl well for applying St. Cat??

I did not give any extra lessons to my daughter at that time when she apply for K1. Between the start of PN class & interview at St Cat for K1, we are talking about only 2 months time. Probably you can't depend all on boxhill to prepare the kid for interview, esp it's not their job to prepare a kid for K1 interviews, but at least I know that they taught my kid good manners.

Honestly, whether the kid get accepted by St cat or KV etc, I think "luck" plays a big part in it. The questions at the interview were pretty simple, basic knowlege like colors, shapes etc, not anything difficult. I'm sure almost all the kids will know how to answer them, but there are only a certain number of seats available, there must be kids who did not get accepted, so guess you do need some luck too

別墅

4#
發表於 09-4-21 11:42 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 harrierwong 於 09-4-21 10:22 發表
yes, I agree there's luck and also "relationship" plays an important role in whether your kids got accepted or not. I will give it a try anyway

You remind me of the interview time for K1 as I tota ...

If you are planning to apply for st cat K1, make sure you check their website for info everyday starting Sept. Get the documents ready first (all listed on the website) and then mail it in as soon as they posted that they are ready for applying. Since the last couple years, they made the application as first come first serve, heard that all was given out within the first week or so.

My daughter chose chinese as the language for interview and she still got accepted. So, I don't think the interviewing language plays a role in the process. But getting comfortable in speaking English before the start of K1 is good, which I think Boxhill did a good job in this area.

別墅

5#
發表於 09-4-23 09:43 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 harrierwong 於 09-4-22 21:56 發表
lilymom, Thanks for your advise. I will check their website starting from Sep, in fact, i have already bookmarked it!

U said your daughter choose Chinese for the interview, do u mean Cantone ...

We chose Cantonese for the interview. I vaguely remember that if you choose putonghua/english class, you have to use putonghua for interview, but not very sure. There are very few PTH/Eng classes, so very hard to get in. If you choose cantonese/eng class, you can choose to be interviewed by english or cantonese. Bear in mind that the parents will be asked questions too, so you need to be comfortable in whatever language you pick. Even for can/eng classes, they have PTH classes every week, my girl was able to recite a few PTH nursery rhymes even in K1 with good pronounciation too.

Haven't make up my mind on which Primary school to apply, is gathering info right now.

首頁

尾頁

跳至