跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 2346

1#
發表於 09-4-22 21:46 |只看該作者
I am getting so bored here in Sg (for my boy as well he is about 10 months old)

I know mums here don't response quickly, I am just trying my luck here.

I am planning to go to IMM or LOT 1? tmr (23 April) with my boy (first time to travel alone for such a distance with my boy) as I heard that there a children play area for kids. although my boy might not be old enough to join in but I just hope to get out of the house and let my boy to meet more people. it will be nice if anyone can join me.

Pls PM me if u fancy coming too or if u want to go out another time.

by the way, anyone know of any good play area for child?

many thanks

[ 本帖最後由 pigpig78 於 09-4-22 22:00 編輯 ]

禁止訪問

積分: 3659

2#
發表於 09-4-23 00:42 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

大宅

3#
發表於 09-4-23 08:36 |只看該作者
ok I will wait for u but u better come back soon otherwise I will bored to death.

I think this is most likely that we are the only 2 here or people doesn;t like to chat with us

原帖由 papaof2 於 09-4-23 00:42 發表
no problem. I will come back to SG in May.
By the way, do you think we are the only two mama in this section?hehehe..

大宅

積分: 1075

4#
發表於 09-4-23 11:44 |只看該作者
Now I understand why SG libraries are always full of moms and small kids....

During my 3 weeks stay in SG last summer, my daily life was:

1. 5:40am sent my girl to school bus
2. back home have breakfast with other family members
3. to somewhere we didn't visit before;ie. Paris beach and have BBQ with others.../ or go to wet market nearby
4. pick up my girl from school bus at around 1:20pm
5. have lunch together
6. go to library
7. go to supermarket
8. bring small girl to playground nearby
9. have dinner
10. watch TV...like to watch SG TV very much
11. sleep at around 11pm..

We love to go to IMM too...

原帖由 pigpig78 於 09-4-22 21:46 發表
I am getting so bored here in Sg (for my boy as well he is about 10 months old)

I know mums here don't response quickly, I am just trying my luck here.

I am planning to go to IMM or LOT 1? tmr (23 A ...

大宅

5#
發表於 09-4-23 13:23 |只看該作者
thanks for sharing yr schedule with me
I usually busy in the morning with various house works and go out in the afternoon

I might go to library next time but sure if my boy (10months) will enjoy or not

原帖由 yyyy 於 09-4-23 11:44 發表
Now I understand why SG libraries are always full of moms and small kids....

During my 3 weeks stay in SG last summer, my daily life was:

1. 5:40am sent my girl to school bus
2. back home have break ...

大宅

6#
發表於 09-4-23 15:58 |只看該作者
I saw many moms read the books to their small children....

I like SG library, their classification for the books is very clear...very easy to find suitable books for the same ages...

原帖由 pigpig78 於 09-4-23 13:23 發表
thanks for sharing yr schedule with me
I usually busy in the morning with various house works and go out in the afternoon

I might go to library next time but sure if my boy (10months) will enjoy or n ...

大宅

7#
發表於 09-4-23 16:26 |只看該作者
I just come back from Lot 1 and there nothing suitable for my boy. I also went to their library, I think my boy is still too young to seat down properly and read a book.

he is only 10 months old

by the way, how many kids do u have and how old are they?

原帖由 yyyy 於 09-4-23 15:58 發表
I saw many moms read the books to their small children....

I like SG library, their classification for the books is very clear...very easy to find suitable books for the same ages...

大宅

8#
發表於 09-4-24 14:27 |只看該作者
yes...10 months is a little too small to read a book...

my girls are 12 years olda and 5 years old. The elder one is a Sec 1 student and the younger will be a P1 student next year.

my younger doesn't enjoy reading books from very small, what we do is to bring her to library every Saturday and read books to her every night when she is very small and ask her to bring a book when she is out.

if you want your baby likes to read, maybe you can start when he is small...

quote]原帖由 pigpig78 於 09-4-23 16:26 發表
I just come back from Lot 1 and there nothing suitable for my boy. I also went to their library, I think my boy is still too young to seat down properly and read a book.

he is only 10 months old

by ... [/quote]

[ 本帖最後由 yyyy 於 09-4-24 14:28 編輯 ]

複式洋房

積分: 108

9#
發表於 09-4-27 16:21 |只看該作者
ya, my daugther start reading very young, about her 6 mths, that time i read books for her everyday. now she's turn to 14 mths, she must flip some books by herself before sleep, also point to me some animals or things she know, etc...

大宅

10#
發表於 09-4-28 15:19 |只看該作者
thanks for sharing
I have to start reading to my boy soon then
he is very active and doesn;t like to seat down but rather enjoy jumping. may be this is the diff between boy and girl

oh he rather like music, whenever he heard any music, he will stop and search for the origin. sometime even start dancing too.

原帖由 belindapuntt 於 09-4-27 16:21 發表
ya, my daugther start reading very young, about her 6 mths, that time i read books for her everyday. now she's turn to 14 mths, she must flip some books by herself before sleep, also point to me some ...

複式洋房

11#
發表於 09-5-11 15:08 |只看該作者
it doesnt matter active or not active. My daugther also very active, just buy some books she likes and let her see and point to her. after that it become a habbit to read books by herself...
my daugther also like music, whatever heard some music, she will dance auto.
I'm thinking to bring my daugther to weekend class as I found she's abit bored in mil hse everyday. maybe it's time for her to meet new friends and lern new things. wat about you?

大宅

12#
發表於 09-5-12 10:47 |只看該作者
please share when the SG children can read by themselves?

原帖由 belindapuntt 於 09-5-11 15:08 發表
it doesnt matter active or not active. My daugther also very active, just buy some books she likes and let her see and point to her. after that it become a habbit to read books by herself...
my daugth ...

大宅

13#
發表於 09-5-13 23:00 |只看該作者
thanks for sharing and I think I have to do more reading with my son.

my son also found its very bored to stay home all the time so I bring him to playgroup every wed and I try to bring him out at least twice and wk so that he can meet other kids and play

at first he was scared and didn;t let go of me but now he is enjoying it and play with other kids everytime when we go

原帖由 belindapuntt 於 09-5-11 15:08 發表
my daugth ...

複式洋房

14#
發表於 09-5-14 11:40 |只看該作者
We always go to park with our dog, we will intro. plants, flowers, animals, smell, etc... to her, then went home, i will open a book and point to her what we saw in the park or outside. Then she will repeat and repeat to talk the same things and tell me what is this. At night, we will read story books together before sleep.

This weekend I will bring her to playgroup which located in Toa Payoh. Hope she will enjoy it.

In Singapore, most of parents teach their bb very young from cards to books.

For me ,I gave my daughter to learn from 3 mths onwards to show her A-Z, 1-99 and some body parts, etc...

She likes to listen classic music or other lauanges music from birth till now, everyday almost.

But if you ask me the result, i think this is too early to say...

what about those mommy doing normal for your bb?

大宅

15#
發表於 09-5-14 12:12 |只看該作者
oh u are such a good mum
I just let my son to play and didn;t teach him anything in formal yet.

but I know a Sg friend her husband is from south america so she teach her son Eng, Chinese and Spanish since he was about 4months old and her house is full of all sort of cards

I think I am a bit too lazy in teaching my son. have to add oil sin

原帖由 belindapuntt 於 09-5-14 11:40 發表
We always go to park with our dog, we will intro. plants, flowers, animals, smell, etc... to her, then went home, i will open a book and point to her what we saw in the park or outside. Then she will ...

複式洋房

16#
發表於 09-5-14 13:27 |只看該作者
haha.. thanks. i found nowaday, bb more clever than last time as i compare with.

anyway, this is depends on parents. I also feel that so tired after work everyday. Sometimes, i will let her read herself at night and ask her some questions. She can answer me very simple words.

She likes to see a show called Hi5, etc... on oktoday. This is a good channel to let her learn something new.

Every day, i will bring her to playground and see people play basketball.

This is what my life in Singapore, sounds boring, right?!~

大宅

17#
發表於 09-5-14 22:14 |只看該作者
yeah bb are more clever now. are u full time mum or working mum?

I went to paragon today and saw a shop which sell very educational toys and I would like to buy it for my boy, my boy still can;t say a word so everytime when I teach him or talk to him, its like talking to myself.

my life is very boring too. I usually watch HK TV in the morning (online) and play with my son (plus do house work and cook for my son) then in the afternoon either more house work or rest. but most of the time I will go out with my son either to Orchard or just somewhere near our house.

by the way, do u know where I can buy book which are value for money? I saw some few good one at ELM today but not sure if there anywhere I can get it cheaper.

oh it will be good if anyone can share if they see any bargain which mum do so in UK and they will let other mum

原帖由 belindapuntt 於 09-5-14 13:27 發表
haha.. thanks. i found nowaday, bb more clever than last time as i compare with.

anyway, this is depends on parents. I also feel that so tired after work everyday. Sometimes, i will let her read hers ...

複式洋房

18#
發表於 09-5-15 11:06 |只看該作者
hi hi, good morning. I am working of cos. Oh, are you going to work in singapore?

normally i will go to bookshop called popluar or borders, mpa, etc... to buy books. sometimes I will see any discount books suitable for my daughter... mostly i will buy less than $10 books, unless the books very good, then i will buy it.

Ya, you can apply popluar card, all items have 10% off.

I also bring my daugther to library sometimes. But we seldom go to shopping centres, unless we have something want to buy. I found singapore shopping centres not like HK, not much choices and expensive.

大宅

19#
發表於 09-5-18 22:00 |只看該作者
thanks for yr advice. I will apply a popular card since.
by the way, what do u do?
is yr working hr long?

I am just worry that the working hr will be long and I will not have time playing with my son so we will consider buying a car so as to shorten the travelling time which mean can spend more time with my son

原帖由 belindapuntt 於 09-5-15 11:06 發表
hi hi, good morning. I am working of cos. Oh, are you going to work in singapore?

normally i will go to bookshop called popluar or borders, mpa, etc... to buy books. sometimes I will see any ...

複式洋房

20#
發表於 09-5-19 10:49 |只看該作者
we have flexi hrs, my working hr not very long. I can walk to my office in the morning, less than 20 mins. so i think this is consider very good for me... but I have bring my daugther to mil hse before go to work, she stays 2 stations away from my hse, if drive, only take 5 mins.

Driving also very headache in Singapore, always got traffic jam in the morning, if you r taking buses, maybe more faster than driving. But of cos if you have a car, it is very convenience during weekend when you bring your son go out. I only drive during weekend, other days, i give up do not have patient to wait...

Last week, my daughter went to palygroup for 1st lesson. At first, she's abit scared, sat down very quiet, after 10-15 mins warm up, she started to move around and play with others, of cos she cant concenrate for long.

Last week the playgroup theme is japanese, I saw her classmates, they are all very smart. Quite surprise me that they understand some japanese words and even can talk very simple words (both are between 13-16 mths), the class size is 6, teacher overall ok... will let my daugther to try few more lessons, see how it goes... Next will the the class's theme will be chinese.

首頁

尾頁

跳至