跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1760

1#
發表於 09-6-11 05:22 |只看該作者
Any recommendations for swimming schools for kids in the silicon valley? Prefer in-door pools so that we can continue the lessons in the winter.

I only know DACA, Sutton, AVAC and Happy Fish.
Any others?

My kid goes to Sutton, but there's something that I don't like.

別墅

積分: 768

2#
發表於 09-6-12 14:46 |只看該作者
Hey SY_Mom, long time no talk!

I came across this swim school on the Internet. Don't know if it's good or not. Maybe you can check it out.

http://www.calphin.com/

大宅

3#
發表於 09-6-13 02:02 |只看該作者
mrs. chao,

interesting ... looks like it's chinese-owned. i heard that the ones owned by Chinese are usually more intensive.

i saw another one in santa clara.
will check out these two.

btw, maybe we should get together sometimes during the summer break. when u hv time, pls email me.

大宅

4#
發表於 09-6-19 09:35 |只看該作者
i'd just checked out the Calphin swim school in Fremont. looks like there're mostly older kids in there. they hv a really big pool and i could see the youngest ones maybe at least 8 yrs old or so. although there's a smaller pool maybe for younger kids but nobody was there. also, it looks like a chinese swim school as almost every student is chinese except for a couple of indians.

anyway, i had a bad day when i visited that swim school today. when i went out to the parking lot and tried to go home, i realized there was a van parked really closed to my SUV and the van's right rear bumper is almost touching mine. i found the owner of the van in the swim school and tried to ask her move her van nicely. however, she said, "I always had that kind of situation and I usually just got into my car from the other side." i thought that's ridiculous as i parked my car nicely and she's the one who parked crossing my spot (not just a little but more than a tire's space). so i told her she should move her car, but then she told me to wait for her for 10 mins until she had taken care of her daughter. her daughter is about 11-12 years old and was just finished her swimming class there. the owner of that van (about in her early 40s and looks like taiwanese) was pregnant, but i don't think that's a good excuse for her to do so. i told her i was in rush and i couldn't wait. so the swim school staff moved the van for her. however, when i found out some scratches on my SUV and kinda matched the scratches on her van, i ask her for the insurance info in case it's her mistake. she yelled at me and in front of my kid. when i said i was going to call the police, she said i could do that but she was leaving.

anyway, i think it's not a good neighborhood; otherwise, how come the swim school has the security video installed? the swim school staff showed me the video when the other mom parking. we didn't see very clearly if she'd hit my car or not, but it's not 100% negative either.

anyway, i won't consider sending my kid to that swim school.

別墅

積分: 768

5#
發表於 09-6-26 13:09 |只看該作者
That's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear what happened. Thank you for your advice.

I enrolled my boy to the city's summer day camp for 8 weeks and they go swimming once a week. So I stopped the swim class at Happy Fish already.

Is your son going to any summer camp?

大宅

6#
發表於 09-6-26 14:13 |只看該作者
mrs chao,

actually yr son can go to swimming class every day. if my son doesn't have any skin problems, i would have let him go to swimming class every day for the summer.

i didn't enroll him for his school's summer program. i just enroll him for different summer camps in the mornings week by week in different places. in the afternoons, go to swimming, music, art, sports classes, etc. otherwise, he might tear down our house. serious ...

he had fun att VBS (vacation bible summer camp) at our church this week. next week i might be enrolling him into the chinese immersion summer camp. if he likes it, will continue for couple more weeks.

i'm even busier taking him here and there this summer.

首頁

尾頁

跳至