畀面勳章

1#
發表於 09-9-13 18:12 |只看該作者
雖然見過有類似的post...希望大家不介意我再 post.
看過政府的網頁﹐我還是不懂...

怎樣才有資格申請?

我過去8年都一直在同一家公司工作﹐可是6-8月因為結了婚而到英國住了3個月 (老闆很好人﹐讓我放長假)。
因為要產檢而 9月回到 Edmonton, 老闆要求我回去做 part-time, 因為同事因母親身體不好而要放假一段時間。

那假如我一直 part time 工作到12月底﹐(預產期是一月中), 2009年度的工作時間應該會超過 600個小時﹐夠資格了嗎?

是怎樣計算的?
用最後的幾個星期的薪金計算?

I have tried and asked at the local government office, but the lady at the reception desk was rather rude, and pointed me to some pamphlets so I can read on my own. The pamphlets were actually out of stock! That's why I end up posting here for clarification...

Thanks in advance!

[ 本帖最後由 AsWife 於 09-9-13 18:24 編輯 ]

que sera sera! 認識你讓我更富有。

子爵府

積分: 10881

環保接龍勳章

2#
發表於 09-9-16 11:03 |只看該作者
Hi AsWife,

According to the info provided in Service Canada website, it stated, "to receive maternity benefits you are required to have worked for 600 hours in the last 52 weeks or since your last claim." So, if you work more than 600 hrs before your decided last day of work in 2009/2010. Of course you will be qualify for the the EI benefit.

How much will you receive in EI benefit? It's a very good question! It based on 55% of your average insured earnings at a max of $42300 (yearly insured amount). To make it easier for you, please check on below link for details.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/types/special.shtml#much (Look into "How much will you receive" section and click " how we calculate the amount you will receive".)

Last but not least, I do have very bad experience with the staffs at my local Service Canada office in Richmond Hill, ON. However, the agents in their call centre are more friendly, and at least show the willingness to help. If you have question, you can try to call 1-800-206-7218 8:30am-4:30pm EST and press "0" to speak to an agent. However, be prepare to wait from 5-15 mins. Hope the info will help!

原帖由 AsWife 於 09-9-13 18:12 發表
雖然見過有類似的post...希望大家不介意我再 post.
看過政府的網頁﹐我還是不懂...

怎樣才有資格申請?

我過去8年都一直在同一家公司工作﹐可是6-8月因為結了婚而到英國住了3個月 (老闆很好人﹐讓我放長假)。
因為要產檢 ...

男爵府

積分: 9875

畀面勳章

3#
發表於 09-9-17 08:56 |只看該作者
wow, thank you for your detailed reply!
Really helped!

I have heard from others, the pay is calculated based on the last 20 weeks of work from last day of work. I hope this is not the case.

And yes, I will have more than 600 hours by end of December for sure. I am expecting on mid-Jan, so I suppose I will work til end of Dec if boss lets me.

I have tried to call the 1-800 number and didn't bother to wait as I didn't have my SIN on hand.

I will try again next week!

Thanks again!

que sera sera! 認識你讓我更富有。

別墅

積分: 924

4#
發表於 09-9-17 14:23 |只看該作者
Aswife,多口問句,你間公司有冇幫你file EI?你做full-time個時有冇?而家做part-time又有冇?

我問係因為曾經有啲Canada BabyKingdom媽咪係做cash job,佢地公司/老闆根本冇幫佢地報EI,到佢地上嚟哩度問野時,先發覺自己原來係apply唔到。

你會有幾多EI收係從the last 26 weeks你賺幾多嚟計,再要睇埋你所屬區域嘅unemployment rate。
tchu比你個link會有examples。

所以,如果你一月開始諗住放產假,就會大概用7月-12月你賺幾多嚟計。你向公司申請放產假時,你公司會出張ROE(Record of Employment)比你比政府(依家公司都可以electronically send比政府,都會有copy比你),上面就會寫明你最後個半年賺咗幾多。

男爵府

積分: 9875

畀面勳章

5#
發表於 09-9-18 14:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 ahbocat 於 09-9-17 14:23 發表
Aswife,多口問句,你間公司有冇幫你file EI?你做full-time個時有冇?而家做part-time又有冇?

我問係因為曾經有啲Canada BabyKingdom媽咪係做cash job,佢地公司/老闆根本冇幫佢地報EI,到佢地上嚟哩度問野時,先發覺自己原來係app ...

yep yep.
一直都交足稅! 冇得走雞!
所以年底要買重RRSP 先可以退返錢。

但我今年有半年沒工作...可能可以算是‘低收入’.

7& 8 月都沒有在加拿大.

que sera sera! 認識你讓我更富有。

首頁

尾頁

跳至