跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1760

1#
發表於 10-2-9 02:01 |只看該作者
Hi All,

if u know of any Chinese schools (weekend or weekday after-school activity once a week) in the south bay, please let me know.
i prefer the more relaxed format and offer no homework.

Thanks.

子爵府

積分: 13707

2#
發表於 10-2-21 06:15 |只看該作者

I have an idea...

It start working for my situation.
Find some retired Chinese who does not speak English at all. Instead of pay them for babysit our children, pay them for teaching our children Chinese. It will be very relaxed format and flexible time and no homework.

In my case, I went to IKEA to get a cheap stand alone writing board, 2 sides. Place it in my retired parents home. Before I go to work, I drop off my daughter at their home. My Mom teaches her read, write and speak in Chinese.

廣東話 is my mother language. But I speak to my children in 普通話. I figure she can learn 廣東話 from my parents' conversation. If she can learn 普通話, it will be applicable in many areas. If my farther would speak 台山話 to her, that would be great.

子爵府

3#
發表於 10-2-21 06:50 |只看該作者
My daughter did not seem to have any motivation to speak in Chinese until after a few little talks with her and a few experiences happened on her.

If anyone want me to share what talks and expereinces she had in her pass, I don't mind to share it.

She has reached a changing point of her learning Chinese motivation. At first she asked me how to ask "what is _____ in Chinese." I said:"你可以指著東西問,‘這是什麼?' "

I saw a sudden out burst of her improvement in Chinese. She writes Chinese in her drawing. She picked up Chinese Charactors that she recognize from Chinese, Japaness product like "上等麻油" 的 "上". She said,'Look, Mammy, that is 上' . That moment melt my heart. I encourage, praise her right at the moment. 接著,看兒歌 DVD 時,我也指出她學過的中文字,如 山、天、大、人、口、木、田 等單元字。
她也會跟著我認起字來。 小的 Baby 也照樣學樣的唱起普通話兒歌來。

yee家連小的只有一歲半也會拍拍地毯,看這我說,‘坐這裡。’
This was not the case to my oldest one when she was one plus years old.

子爵府

4#
發表於 10-2-21 06:57 |只看該作者
And for some reasons, I could not figure out why my oldest one speak 普通話 to her youngest sister? Especially when she ask her not to do somthing that is "yai yai" (0曳0曳). It seems like she thinks her youngest sister can understand what she say better if she speak in 普通話 to her?

首頁

尾頁

跳至