跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1308

21#
發表於 10-8-3 11:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 Nillie_Mami 於 10-7-30 20:17 發表
those professions are great, and lack of people who is fluently in Cantonese and English, not so sure the marketing in VA, MD and Washington DC, but .. that is desperate in NY as I know..
for Nutritio ...

其實係美國年紀大會唔會難搵工既呢?
如果我真係去讀書, 畢得業來都分分鐘過40歲了.

大宅

22#
發表於 10-8-3 11:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 korg 於 10-7-31 15:07 發表
我剛嚟到加洲 san mateo 2個月, 覺得很多嘢都比香港貴.

租金1房apartment: $12xx
水, 垃圾等雜費: $120
電: $30
車: $3.1x /gallon
車保: $120
手提: $40 (2張card, 一個可上網, 一個普通, 唔記得幾多分鐘, 但應該 ...

唔好意思, 我想問車保$120 係for 1 個月? 咁真係好貴播....

子爵府

積分: 13706

23#
發表於 10-8-3 12:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 cathymom 於 10-8-3 11:37 發表

其實係美國年紀大會唔會難搵工既呢?
如果我真係去讀書, 畢得業來都分分鐘過40歲了.

我話唔會,有些行業是越有經驗越馨香。 同埋看看行業市渡、需求與競爭如何。

再加上美國歧視法制管得非常嚴,在見工面談時是絕對唔可以問年齡、性別,種族的。招聘條件更加唔可以以年齡、性別、種族來出條件。是犯法的。 你大可以把顧主告上法庭。
例子:經濟不景氣時,在拉斯維加斯,娼妓都有男性、五六十歲都有人去應征。
在美國,在工作環境裡對性騷擾、性侵犯的容忍度也是零。你大可以把上司、公司告上法庭。

[ 本帖最後由 ndw 於 10-8-3 12:09 編輯 ]

子爵府

24#
發表於 10-8-3 12:13 |只看該作者
美國唔一定都得書多就收入高。有些行業讀個兩年制轉科社區大學,人工高過好多四年制的大學學會和碩士、博士學位。而且有穩定,因為有工會做後台。

以時薪的工好在加班,超過40小時一周,有雙糧,護士如在節日裡開工就三倍糧。是在護士朋友口中聽回來的。在這裡有護士網友,我不用多說了。醫生可能就沒有這福了,因為是年薪,和有的自己開診所。

IT 更加是年薪的所謂專業,做過百小時一周,計起來只竇得三份一的人工。到年底有要扣出三份一到差唔多一半的入息稅。
IT programer, software developer, 一言難盡。 好像模特兒,趁後生,揾到就要揾多D,老了,又有家庭,同無家庭後顧之憂的大學畢業生,競爭唔來。人地可以連夜不睡,人工叫得低,0野又快。IT developer,只有一個方向,就是向上趴,越年紀大就越要向管理階層躋身,不進就則退。管理階層有高不勝寒喔,政治抖分,文化大革命那些人性弱點盡顯無偽。LEE 行,好惡行。

我見朋友五十歲多移民來美,從返大學轉行做 IT programer, software developer,結果畢業不到一年,馬上又轉行,讀個兩年制的護士學位,出來馬上找了個 RN 職位來做。話都無0甘快。

[ 本帖最後由 ndw 於 10-8-3 12:47 編輯 ]

子爵府

25#
發表於 10-8-3 12:58 |只看該作者

語言治療師, 好好啊!

語言治療師, 好好啊!但是,唔系0甘容易揾到給得起錢的客,要依附住醫療保險公司或政府資助的計劃來拿收入LOR。

我第二個女曾經每周要見一次語言治療師,後來州政府沒有錢,減縮了開支,就沒有言治療師看了。

現在我女女四歲喇,都唔講有意思的單子。

大宅

26#
發表於 10-8-3 13:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 ndw 於 10-8-3 12:13 發表
美國唔一定都得書多就收入高。有些行業讀個兩年制轉科社區大學,人工高過好多四年制的大學學會和碩士、博士學位。而且有穩定,因為有工會做後台。

以時薪的工好在加班,超過40小時一周,有雙糧,護士如在節日裡開工就三倍糧。 ...

thanks ndw!
其實香港都有呢d case, 好多大學生出來都係搵一萬幾千, 有d 專科文憑讀laboratory science 果d, 出來做化驗, 人工高過大學生的.

聽nillie 同你咁講, 護士真係好有前景的工作播... 咁我想問其實難唔難入行呢. 我見我住果頭間u 都有offer nursing 的course. 其實我以前中學係biology stream 的, 成績好添, 但十幾年冇讀過, 放低晒了.

我係細膽d, 驚打針果d. (血又唔驚). 不過我都覺得nursing 都係一個好有用的學問, 就算唔係為就業, 都係幫到自己幫到人的一門技能呀~

大宅

27#
發表於 10-8-3 13:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 ndw 於 10-8-3 12:58 發表
語言治療師, 好好啊!但是,唔系0甘容易揾到給得起錢的客,要依附住醫療保險公司或政府資助的計劃來拿收入LOR。

我第二個女曾經每周要見一次語言治療師,後來州政府沒有錢,減縮了開支,就沒有言治療師看了。

現在我女女四歲 ...

oh, 你意思係四歲未講到有意思的單字? 咁看來真係慢左幾多播.... 私人的speech therapy 會否好貴? 同埋佢番左pre-k 果d 未? 可以進步多好多呀~

男爵府

積分: 7794

28#
發表於 10-8-3 21:08 |只看該作者
To study nursing here, that is your choice to touch the blood or not, as you do not need to draw blood. the job description is different. they have the blood drawing team here (like private hospital in hk) to do this job.
RN is to do all the admission, paperworks, give meds, set up IV, also assign jobs to LPN (EN in HK) and PCA( HCA in HK).
In CA, RN vs Patients is 1:5-7, in New York, is 1:10
Sure, salary is different even in the same area.. it can be almost $8-10 per hour different.. depends on what hospital you choose.
You need to take all those pre-nursing course in order to get into the the CC- community college.
You can sumbit your transcript and see if you can redeem the credit from your studies.
for Nursing job.. our tax is 1/3 as well. also, if you work at holiday, salary is the double and have 1 extra day off. however, your tax is more than 1/2 on that day. so, still no nurse want to work at holiday. Plus for Snow storm or emergency. you are just standby in Hospital, nothing to do, but you will have 3 times salary, again.. tax tax tax.. ended up, those salary goes into Government's pocket.

About the speech therapy. They determined it by the evaluation. If your child is over 67% behind. They will not cut your service because it is a law there. My son (going to be 4 years old this winter) still receive twice a week service, and they supposed to increase to 3 times a week. but my husband refused. As we want to do home teaching, we got the material from speech therapist and we can do it at home. Well, we had big fight about it before.. because after 3 years old, early intervention program will be document permanently on our child's record, but he couldn't speak, and the best way to help him, is getting help from the service which paid by our insurance.

原帖由 cathymom 於 10-8-3 12:06 AM 發表

thanks ndw!
其實香港都有呢d case, 好多大學生出來都係搵一萬幾千, 有d 專科文憑讀laboratory science 果d, 出來做化驗, 人工高過大學生的.

聽nillie 同你咁講, 護士真係好有前景的工作播... 咁我想問其實難唔難 ...

大宅

積分: 2688

29#
發表於 10-8-4 02:49 |只看該作者
係呀,好同意 :唔好將呢度啲 price 同 HK compare 。初初嚟到美國,我成日將啲price 由 USD 轉番做 HKD,真係令到自己頭都大埋!
原帖由 rose-mag 於 10-8-3 02:54 發表

Echo with bunnymonkey, Daiso is a good place to look for inexpensive stuff such as utensils and 生活雜貨such as slippers, wash-cloth, towels, etc.

I also buy stuff from amazon.com including shoes, ...

禁止訪問

積分: 15092

醒目開學勳章

30#
發表於 10-8-5 17:59 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

男爵府

31#
發表於 10-8-5 19:42 |只看該作者
that is a hit job, however, you need to get your license here. If you have another profession, that will be even better, because for most of the job, they want to hire 1 person to do 2 jobs.
Like in Hospital, if they hire a bilingual nurse, they don't need to have a interpreter. Right?
but like in the count, they need you.
Language line, they need you too.
First of all, you will need to do your license verification in US, in order to find a job as an interpreter.

原帖由 ayaya86 於 10-8-5 04:59 AM 發表
我想問USA會不會請中/英TRANSLATOR 因為我係香港讀呢科 我舅父一家都準備申請我地過去 所以想問清楚搵唔搵到工先答佢

禁止訪問

積分: 15092

醒目開學勳章

32#
發表於 10-8-6 16:31 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

男爵府

33#
發表於 10-8-6 20:16 |只看該作者
ayaya,
If you are not coming in near future, like 2-3 months, let's say... you are coming next june, you have 1 year of time. I would suggest you to do it in HK.
You need to know which state you are going, then, go to that state's dept of education. then, download the application form for registration. also have to submit your transcript to the assigned agency from the dept of edu to do your education and license verification. that usually takes about 6-9 months time if you submit everything in timely manner and no error between it. :)
I don't know the salary about it.
you can go to salary.com and do some research on it.
Hope that helps!
原帖由 ayaya86 於 10-8-6 03:31 AM 發表

THX! ACTUALLY, I am major in translation and interpretation, specialized in translation in law and commercial and i am minor in japanese.
do u mean i have to get my license after i get my visa to US ...

男爵府

積分: 8831

34#
發表於 10-8-8 12:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 ayaya86 於 10-8-6 16:31 發表

THX! ACTUALLY, I am major in translation and interpretation, specialized in translation in law and commercial and i am minor in japanese.
do u mean i have to get my license after i get my visa to US ...

我係隔黎個post留左以下資料, 你可以睇下:
“如果你中英文流利, 可以做傳譯, 只要你有land line電話就得。我都好想做, 但我只有cell phone, 無 home phone.
http://www.ctslanguagelink.com/Forms/opi_application.aspx

http://www.pacificinterpreters.com/careers/ “

另外, 我前一排去左考法庭傳譯筆試, 以下網址係夏老威既制度, 各STATE既制度有小小唔同。但我估大同小異。所以你黎到後, 搵下你個STATE 既JUDICIARY 既網址。可以考慮下, 我識好多人都密密接JOB, 當正職咁做:
http://www.courts.state.hi.us/services/court_interpreting/becoming_a_court_interpreter.html
對我地啲填鴨黎講, 筆試唔難。我無考口試。因為我自己有正職。當你考完筆試, 如你又同意, 你個名會POST 係網站內, 咁其他律師, 甚至其他機構, 公司都可以搵你。我個名都係個PAGE 上。。。HEHE。

另外美國ATA 網址:
http://www.atanet.org/index.php

子爵府

35#
發表於 10-9-9 02:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 cathymom 於 10-8-3 13:53 發表

oh, 你意思係四歲未講到有意思的單字? 咁看來真係慢左幾多播.... 私人的speech therapy 會否好貴? 同埋佢番左pre-k 果d 未? 可以進步多好多呀~

Thank you.
Yes, my daughter has development delay in many many area.
She cannot crow, cannot sit up, cannot stand,.....she has in born abnormal brian formation, they call this cindition Polymicrogyria. She has a lot of C.P. symptoms ans sizure. We home school all of our children.

子爵府

36#
發表於 10-9-9 02:43 |只看該作者

Sorry, I am going to off topic here to talk to Nillie_Mami ......

原帖由 Nillie_Mami 於 10-8-3 21:08 發表
...About the speech therapy. They determined it by the evaluation. If your child is over 67% behind. They will not cut your service because it is a law there. My son (going to be 4 years old this winter) still receive twice a week service, and they supposed to increase to 3 times a week. but my husband refused. As we want to do home teaching, we got the material from speech therapist and we can do it at home. Well, we had big fight about it before.. because after 3 years old, early intervention program will be document permanently on our child's record, but he couldn't speak, and the best way to help him, is getting help from the service which paid by our insurance. ...

hi Nillie_Mami
Thank you very much for your sharing. One dicision once awhile will come up to my mind to make. How many language should I talk to my daughter. For my huaband, he has no choice, he has to speak in English. Other than English, I have 2 other choice: Cantonese and Manderian. I would like to get my daughter to speak Manderian becasue it seems to be a easiest language to learn and pick up. Beside, I speak Manderian to my other daughters and my parents speak Cantonese to my daughters. They cannot speak English.

男爵府

37#
發表於 10-9-9 22:17 |只看該作者
ndw,
In your case.. You did not give your children a choice. Because they are learning 3 languages instead of 2. as their grandparents do not speak mandarin.
It is up to you if you wanna talk with them in Cantonese at this period, because that will be easier for them to understand and will not get mixed up while they talk to their grandparents.

For me, I speak Cantonese to them, because I speak Cantonese to my husband, my BK moms here in NYC, and my parents in law here in NY, also it is the language in NYC.. (still, but sure will change later as Amanda's school offer Mandarin from this year).
I only teach them in Cantonese because it will be easy for them to understand.. while they also learn Russian, and Spanish.. I don't wanna give them too much pressure on it.
Amanda is 7 years old, so she know the different between Cantonese and Mandarin.
For Gabriel (only 3.5), we only talk to him in Cantonese and English (as he stays in day care about 8-11hours weekdays) His English is better than Chinese since he gets into daycare.
原帖由 ndw 於 10-9-8 01:43 PM 發表

hi Nillie_Mami
Thank you very much for your sharing. One dicision once awhile will come up to my mind to make. How many language should I talk to my daughter. For my huaband, he has no choice, he ...

子爵府

38#
發表於 10-9-11 12:03 |只看該作者

Nillie_Mami, Thank you for the advise

男爵府

39#
發表於 10-9-14 01:21 |只看該作者
ndw,
beside, I have to say, you are very tough and a perfect model for us.
I will not able to be a stay home mom as good as you do... I will cry all day long if I have to face the never-ended chores.
I am really not good with that.. I can be a part time stay home mom on public holiday or weekend.
Plus the home schooling piece..
one of my child has speech delay, one of my child is a gifted.. and I am not that patience.. so I gave myself an excure.. let the teacher to take care of.. my job just to earn money and make other things better.
原帖由 ndw 於 10-9-10 11:03 PM 發表

大宅

40#
發表於 10-9-17 16:48 |只看該作者
NDW,

你真係好叻呀, 我諗真係要有無比的耐性先可以全識去教一個發展障礙的小朋友. 努力!

首頁

尾頁

跳至