跳至

首頁

尾頁

侯爵府

積分: 20862

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章 BK Milk勳章

21#
發表於 05-9-28 13:50 |只看該作者

Re: 分享外國 或 台灣童書 (1-8歲適用) 收穫 - PART 2 (as from 27 Sept 05)

Re: yesasia, I found some more good bargain books:

[size=medium]Magic School Bus Explores the Senses

優惠價: US$1.99
售價: US$5.99
節省: US$4.00 (67%)
參考售價: HK$15.46
作者名稱 : Bruce Degen | Joanna Cole
包裝 : 48 頁
重量(連包裝) : 150 g
出品商 / ISBN : 0590446983
出版日期 : 2001年9月1日
電影級別 : Publisher price
適讀年齡 : 6 - 9
YesAsia 產品編號 : 1002002966

[size=medium]The Little Bookroom

優惠價: US$6.99
售價: US$11.51
節省: US$4.52 (39%)
參考售價: HK$54.31
作者名稱 : Edward Ardizzone | Eleanor Farjeon
包裝 : 304 頁
重量(連包裝) : 240 g
出品商 / ISBN : 牛津大學出版社 / 0192719475
出版日期 : 2004年1月31日
YesAsia 產品編號 : 1003108936

This book is suitable for older kids and it has very good readers' comment from amazon.

Below activity books for younger kids:

[size=medium]First Activity: Incy Wincy! Dot to Dot Colouring Book

優惠價: US$2.14
售價: US$3.83
節省: US$1.69 (44%)
參考售價: HK$16.63
作者名稱 : Robin Davies
包裝 : 16 頁
重量(連包裝) : 100 g
語言 : English
出品商 / ISBN : 0721426867
出版日期 : 1999年3月25日
YesAsia 產品編號 : 1002645952

[size=medium]First Activity: Zoom! Dot to Dot Colouring Book

售價: US$4.08
節省: US$1.94 (48%)
作者名稱 : Robin Dawes
重量(連包裝) : 80 g
出品商 / ISBN : 0721426875
出版日期 : 1999年3月25日
YesAsia 產品編號 : 1002657704

[size=medium]First Activity: Rhymetime Sticker Colouring Book

售價: US$5.75
節省: US$3.61 (63%)
作者名稱 : Anna Kiernan
重量(連包裝) : 110 g
出品商 / ISBN : 0721426263
出版日期 : 1997年2月1日
YesAsia 產品編號 : 1002730422

[size=medium]First Activity: I Spy...Colouring Book

售價: US$3.83
節省: US$1.69 (44%)
作者名稱 : Anna Kiernan
重量(連包裝) : 80 g
出品商 / ISBN : Penguin Books / 072142628X
出版日期 : 1997年2月1日
YesAsia 產品編號 : 1003130972

侯爵府

22#
發表於 05-9-28 15:17 |只看該作者

Gloria,

I also saw this set months ago at KMK. As the illustrations were very "old cake", I did not buy finally!!

GloriaChung 寫道:
See such in kmk in the past.

[size=small]Dick and Jane Series

by William S. Gray

original illustrations from the 1960s Dick and Jane basic readers. Filled with over 30 stories, these books are for beginning readers, parents, and grandparents alike!

But the illustations really look very old fashioned !! contents resemble nowadays boxed set readers.

男爵府

積分: 6599

23#
發表於 05-9-28 17:11 |只看該作者

[size=medium]A New Release of Julia Donaldson!!!

[size=small]Charlie Cook's Favourite Book (Hardcover)

by Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler (Illustrator)

Hardcover: 32 pages
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books (September 2, 2005)
ISBN: 1405034696

HK$150+

Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

男爵府

24#
發表於 05-9-28 17:14 |只看該作者

kittylock,

"old cake" is so exact.

Btw, are you aware of an equally famous series published by the OUP? Oxford Literary Web - fiction series. They have Variety and Duck Green branches.

I am curious and will look into them when have time.

Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

男爵府

25#
發表於 05-9-28 17:16 |只看該作者

bluestar,

did you see Animal Antics of the Now I'm Reading series at stopping stones?

I still miss this set. My son likes the series very much !!!

You know what? My son destroyed 1 copy of my dear ORT copy entitled "The Haircut"!!!

It is a wordless book costing me some HK$2x !!!

侯爵府

26#
發表於 05-9-28 17:19 |只看該作者

Gloria,

I've posted my spare books of Oxford Literacy Web long ago and it's still available la:

[size=medium]Eva - a war story (Oxford Literacy Web Fiction)

- Org GBP 4.75, now HK$25, Primary 6 reader, 128 pages, 6 copies available

Based on the true story of a jewish girl sent across Europe to escape death in a concentration camp. What she saw was so terrifying, she could only tell one peson, and that was Mousie (a toy mouse) ....

Another higher stage ORT story, one 1 copy left:

[size=medium]Never Wash Your Hair (Oxford Reading Tree Stage 14 - TreeTops)

- Org GBP 4, now HK$20, age 7-11, 64 pages, only 1 copy left

Mum thought Tom had nits. Tom knew different - but he never guessed that just a day later he'd be on the run, trying to save an amazing new species....

GloriaChung 寫道:
Btw, are you aware of an equally famous series published by the OUP? Oxford Literary Web - fiction series. They have Variety and Duck Green branches.

I am curious and will look into them when have time.

男爵府

27#
發表於 05-9-28 17:22 |只看該作者

kittylock,

They don't look like that wor. More pretty illustration wor.. Only the Duck Green and Variety suit our young kids more wor!!!

You are so good in marketing and always put up your advertisements whenever there is a chance... You are very determined and persistent!!!! (teasing you !!) :mrgreen:

侯爵府

28#
發表於 05-9-28 17:39 |只看該作者

don't teasing me la....

would you pls show me the link for the OLW you mentioned?

男爵府

29#
發表於 05-9-28 17:40 |只看該作者

Oxford Literarcy Web (OLW) is tailored both to fit perfectly alongside Oxford Reading Tree, and to stand as a full literacy programme in its own right.

-Tailored to fit the NLS requirements
-Allows children to experience a whole range of types of text
-Teaches children how language works at word, sentence, and text level
-Allows children to benefit from direct, whole class teaching, and independent activities

Duck Green School Stories
Authors: Elspeth Graham, Michaela Morgan, and Mal Peet
Illustrator: Ian Newsham

Early school experiences are brought to life through this cast of loveable characters. While the Oxford Reading Tree fiction stories focus on the home, Duck Green School stories complement them by concentrating on a school setting to which every child can relate.
Children can enjoy their own ‘soap opera’ story, identifying closely with the central characters and the locations, while learning specific vocabulary in context. Stage by stage, they’ll get to know the staff and children in Duck Green School. Duck Green School stories offer six stories at each level.
9 stages

Variety
Series Editor: Keith Gaines

Children need a rich mixture of imaginative stories to extend their reading and imagination. They also require a variety of books to repeat and consolidate their core key word vocabulary. The Oxford Literacy Web’s Variety strand provides this and much more!

The strand is divided into two segments.
-Consolidation Stories provide a different context for reading the key words introduced in the Duck Green School stories.
-Extension Stories reinforce vocabulary but include a more challenging element to push upward towards the next level.

Again 9 stages.

The books provide an inviting selection of styles and settings with the stress on make-believe and fantasy. Ideal for use alongside the Duck Green School Stories and Oxford Reading Tree.

男爵府

30#
發表於 05-9-28 17:40 |只看該作者

friends tease ma!! :mrgreen:

侯爵府

31#
發表於 05-9-28 18:01 |只看該作者

Gloria,

Do you know OUP-ORT has newly published "Read at home" series few months ago?

[size=medium]READ AT HOME SERIES

Handbook - Helping your child to read

STAGE 1 :
FUNNY FISH,
SILLY RACES,
DAD'S BIRTHDAY (ALL 22 PAGES)

For Children who can:
- recognise their own name
- match some words
- recognise some letter sounds

STAGE 2 :
POOR OLD RABBIT,
I CAN TRICK A TIGER,
FLOPPY AND THE BONE (ALL 22 PAGES)

For Children who:
- recognise a few words by sight
- can use pictures to read simple sentences
- know some initial letter sounds

STAGE 3 :
THE OLD TREE STUMP,
THE REAL FLOPPY,
THE SPACESHIP (ALL 22 PAGES)

For children who
- can recognise 10-20 words by sight
- can read simple sentences
- know all the initial letter sounds

STAGE 4 :
LOOKING AFTER GRAN,
HUNGRY FLOPPY,
HUSKY ADVENTURE (ALL 30 PAGES)

For children who
- can recognise 30-50 words by sight
- can read harder sentences with less support
- can use letter sounds to help make words

[size=medium]READ AT HOME FLASHCARDS / WORD GAMES

男爵府

32#
發表於 05-9-28 18:11 |只看該作者

wa... i faint la.

are you interested? any idea where to get all these ORT related series?

more we know, the thinner our wallet!
dizzy........

侯爵府

33#
發表於 05-9-28 18:13 |只看該作者

I got the Read at Home series (paperback) 4 months ago from UK ebay and bought the flash card at the OUP counter during book fair in July.

I know only hardback version is available in Hong Kong.

男爵府

34#
發表於 05-9-28 22:07 |只看該作者

Kitty,

look so complicated to bid at eBay. What are your bid/purchase price and the market price of thesel? are they good? I can't find all of them, only stage 1. Do we have to ask the seller the postage separately before bidding?

複式洋房

積分: 206

35#
發表於 05-9-28 23:04 |只看該作者

Gloria,
what more titles from ORT, we are going to bankrupt soon la.

Kitty,

i also want to know too, how much did you pay thr. ebay? The listed price is £2.99 each copy, the whole set = £2.99 x 13 (12 bks + handbk) =>£38.87

GloriaChung 寫道:
wa... i faint la.

are you interested? any idea where to get all these ORT related series?

more we know, the thinner our wallet!
dizzy........

子爵府

積分: 12609

36#
發表於 05-9-28 23:09 |只看該作者

Kittylock,

My son saw the book covers of OUP Read At Home sereis you posted and said he want the books too - "waaa, new books ! I want them!!" :-(

Do you know whether they are readily available from UK bookstores, or must purchase through schools in UK, apart from UK ebay ? And how much for the books only, all 4 stages ? And for only Stage 4?

And if you and your son can join us IFF we really get to go to Sing next summer - of course la.

I didn't get a crumb of the pandan cake. Have asked my Indo maid to see whether they are available from Indo restaurants in CWB. The layered pandan cake I've seen before, also from Sing, the Sing ppl consider it quite good ga, no wonder considering the $$.

How come OUP publishes SOOOOOOOO many diff series of ORT-related books ga !!!

But as I said previously, should be more suitable for ownership by KGs and Pr schools to keep in school library, instead of each family buying their own full set.

Gloria,

I didn't see the books you wanted in SS cos I was not looking for them. Must remember to return the SS card maybe tom.

男爵府

37#
發表於 05-9-28 23:13 |只看該作者

bluestar,

where are you whole day? you want to buy ORT too? hv you got any ORT at home for your honey?

snoopyma,

yes, let's all be prepared!! :-( :-(

複式洋房

積分: 206

38#
發表於 05-9-28 23:17 |只看該作者

Gloria,

i have asked SS two weeks ago re Now i'm reading series , the lady told me that they would not carry this series anymore, (at least for a short period of time) as they want to introduce other new titles in the shop. you have to try somewhere else la, i placed mine w/ms sq.

子爵府

積分: 12609

39#
發表於 05-9-28 23:34 |只看該作者

Gloria,

A gweilo friend (actually the hubby of my friend cum si-je's long-time penpal) flew in from BKK and called my friend asking her to help him book an appt with a doc cos he felt pain in the tummy area, was afraid that it was mild appendicitis. But my friend/si-je has a meeting the entire pm, cannot take him to the doc, so I took the afternoon off. Turned out that his belly was too fat, and he had a very bad cough (bronchitis), so some muscles / tendons were pulled too hard too often, and only required antibiotics and codine cough syrup. If he needed surgery I would have gladly arranged it for him. So I played nanny the entire pm. The gweilo is a Belgian now working in Madagascar, and the couple once took us (my friend and I) in their car, all around Paris, Belgium and Amsterdam for 2 weeks. I even had a go on a piece of horse meat!! We might be going that way again with my son once the gweilo retires and returns to stay in Europe !!

For ORT, I haven't bought any ORT/OST/Magic Key except for Magic Key VCDs. An ex-classmate promised to give me some now that her daughter didn't need them, but we are both lazy ppl. My son considered himself to have READ all the Magic Key books since he saw the VCDs.

Actually, once the kids grow older, I would suggest some oldie book series by an oldie author, Enid Blyton. Her books are well written, good simple Engl, and things like mysteries and detectives and boarding school life are interesting for kids.

男爵府

40#
發表於 05-9-28 23:57 |只看該作者

bluestar,

no hurry wor. i am not reminding your return of the card wor.

yes, if ORT has at home series, that means what we bought are not-at-home series!!! My goodness!!!! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

of course, we should judge acc. to our own needs.

luckily i did not buy the "I can read (chinese series" avail in Lib. I see that say for my son, only red and org are good for him. I will repeat some old books and introduce him to those mainland storybooks after finishing the orange series. in the future, say when he is in K1, will try yellow, green....till purple.

首頁

尾頁

跳至