侯爵府

積分: 20862

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章 BK Milk勳章

2#
發表於 06-3-3 11:01 |只看該作者

Re: ORT新系列READ AT HOME

ALAL,

ORT read at home series is v good!

I saw this set at 商務 & 三聯. Around $6X per book (hardcover) together with a CD, really expensive!!

I bid the whole set in paperback (12 books + 1 parents guide) at UK ebay at $3XX last year. This should be the cheapest source to get the books la .....

子爵府

積分: 14040

3#
發表於 06-3-3 11:04 |只看該作者

ALAL,
I bought a set from Singapore Popular and my friend bought a set via Idea. Both are at $3x per book (hardcover) but without CD. And I once saw Letterland showroom (at TaiKooShing) also have this set but I didn't ask for the price.
妹妹1歲la~

男爵府

積分: 7009

4#
發表於 06-3-3 11:52 |只看該作者

kittylock 寫道:
ALAL,

ORT read at home series is v good!

I saw this set at 商務 & 三聯. Around $6X per book (hardcover) together with a CD, really expensive!!

I bid the whole set in paperback (12 books + 1 parents guide) at UK ebay at $3XX last year. This should be the cheapest source to get the books la .....

Kitty

how can i bid in paperback ?-(

**************************************** 芍妤bb 10/11/2004 在聖保祿醫院出世,體重 2.6Kg。 ****************************************

侯爵府

5#
發表於 06-3-3 12:16 |只看該作者

Hi 妤妤

You may refer to our previous discussion in the topic "童書書友分享站(0-8歲童書分享)" P.5 onwards (舊的在前). We've quite a lot discussion on this.

男爵府

積分: 6599

6#
發表於 06-3-3 23:06 |只看該作者

妤妤 the set avail at eBay is not exactly hardcover. Just harder but not really hard. So, I will say it is hard paperback only. Fit our needs, don't like hardcover book which takes a lot of storage. Don't forget to order ORTat-home-set flash card from idxx or other sources la. Only HK$38 .
Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

大宅

積分: 1158

7#
發表於 06-3-4 09:04 |只看該作者

I just successfully bidded a set of ORT Read at Home in ebay. Total cost is 18 pounds. Converted to HK$ is around $20 per book. The seller claims that the books are new. Don't know the quality. Need to wait 4 to 6 weeks for the shipping. Will share with you all later.

GloriaChung 寫道:
妤妤 the set avail at eBay is not exactly hardcover. Just harder but not really hard. So, I will say it is hard paperback only. Fit our needs, don't like hardcover book which takes a lot of storage. Don't forget to order ORTat-home-set flash card from idxx or other sources la. Only HK$38 .
Gordon_No_4

大宅

積分: 1045

8#
發表於 06-3-4 23:42 |只看該作者

Can i know the content of these?

Thanks!

大宅

9#
發表於 06-3-5 09:45 |只看該作者

you may go to www.ebay.co.uk. then type in 'ORT Read at Home' in the search key. A lot of entries will be prompted out. Then, you will know the contents. Normally, it is a set of 12 books + a parent guide.
bbpoon 寫道:
Can i know the content of these?

Thanks!
Gordon_No_4

侯爵府

10#
發表於 06-3-5 10:18 |只看該作者

Hi Gordon_N0_4,

GBP 18 is a good price wor!!

Mine was GBP19.9.

But you forget to count the shipping charge. How much they charge you?

侯爵府

11#
發表於 06-3-5 10:22 |只看該作者

bbpoon,

Brief description of the set in below:

[size=medium]READ AT HOME SERIES

Handbook - Helping your child to read

STAGE 1 :
FUNNY FISH,
SILLY RACES,
DAD'S BIRTHDAY (ALL 22 PAGES)

For Children who can:
- recognise their own name
- match some words
- recognise some letter sounds

STAGE 2 :
POOR OLD RABBIT,
I CAN TRICK A TIGER,
FLOPPY AND THE BONE (ALL 22 PAGES)

For Children who:
- recognise a few words by sight
- can use pictures to read simple sentences
- know some initial letter sounds

STAGE 3 :
THE OLD TREE STUMP,
THE REAL FLOPPY,
THE SPACESHIP (ALL 22 PAGES)

For children who
- can recognise 10-20 words by sight
- can read simple sentences
- know all the initial letter sounds

STAGE 4 :
LOOKING AFTER GRAN,
HUNGRY FLOPPY,
HUSKY ADVENTURE (ALL 30 PAGES)

For children who
- can recognise 30-50 words by sight
- can read harder sentences with less support
- can use letter sounds to help make words

大宅

積分: 3608

12#
發表於 06-3-5 11:52 |只看該作者

Kittylock,

I heard from other mami that ORT has a series with CD & Workbook. Do you know where we can buy as I cannot find this series in Sing. ?

Thanks a lot.

侯爵府

13#
發表於 06-3-5 13:41 |只看該作者

Adrianmama,

Do you refer to "Oxford Story Tree"?

This series is relatively cheaper and found in most leading bookstores e.g. Commercial Press, Dymocks, 3-Luen etc

大宅

14#
發表於 06-3-5 19:28 |只看該作者

Kittylok,

Thanks for your detailed information.

大宅

15#
發表於 06-3-5 21:45 |只看該作者

Kittylock & Gordon_NO_4,

What is the postage(shipping charge) of your order?

Thanks!

大宅

16#
發表於 06-3-5 22:36 |只看該作者

Hello kittylock,

This time I bought books cheaper than you la. He, he. ( You remember, I got more expensive Narnia last time. :-( :-( )
This set of ORT Read at Home books cost around 10 pounds and another 8 pounds for the shipping via surface mail. So, a very good deal.
However, I haven't received them yet as I just successfully bidded them this weekend. Wish me good luck la to get the books soon.

I have also bidded a set of Rainbow Magic for my daughter. Totally 26 used books. Around HK$ 40+ per book. But this book cost around $60+ per book in Popular. So, a cheaper source. Again, I did not receive them yet as I bidded them in mid Feb.

I am not so sure if ebay is reliable. If it is so, then it will be a cheaper source to get 2nd hand quality English books. Any comments on ebay so far?

kittylock 寫道:
Hi Gordon_N0_4,

GBP 18 is a good price wor!!

Mine was GBP19.9.

But you forget to count the shipping charge. How much they charge you?
Gordon_No_4

別墅

積分: 760

17#
發表於 06-3-6 11:05 |只看該作者

Gordon_No_4,

I have over 8 years buying experience in EBAY. You have to check the seller feedback. I never buy from new seller or seller with negative feedback. If you want to buy books, only buy from the seller with lots of good feedback in selling books. I usually buy from sellers with over few hundred feedbacks.

Kitty,

My son has completed all levels from Oxford Story Tree. He can read all books by himself. What shall I buy next? I took a look at the Reading at Home series but I think the 1st and 2nd levels are too easy for him. He is now reading US grade 1 books. Any comment on what to buy for Oxford Story Tree, because he likes them a lot.

Thanks & regards,

大宅

積分: 3732

18#
發表於 06-3-6 12:19 |只看該作者

想請問仔仔現在 2 歲多, ORT Read at Home 是否適合? 因為我從來沒有買過 Oxford Reading Tree or Oxford Story Tree, 我應該買那個 series 呢

侯爵府

19#
發表於 06-3-6 13:53 |只看該作者

Hi critic,

How are you? Still in Shanghai now?

Wow.. your son is great. Which stages he has completed? My son has finished Stage 8 and 1 book (The Litter Queen) of Stage 9. But sometimes he just wants me to read for him instead of reading by himself cos there're quite a lot of words in the book at higher stage.

Besides ORT, I found other OUP books are good too e.g. Oxford Literarcy Web Duck Green School Stories and Variety

Oxford Literarcy Web (OLW) is tailored both to fit perfectly alongside Oxford Reading Tree, and to stand as a full literacy programme in its own right.

-Tailored to fit the NLS requirements
-Allows children to experience a whole range of types of text
-Teaches children how language works at word, sentence, and text level
-Allows children to benefit from direct, whole class teaching, and independent activities

[size=medium]Oxford Literacy Web: Fiction: Duck Green School Stories: Stage 1 to 9

Authors: Elspeth Graham, Michaela Morgan, and Mal Peet

Illustrator: Ian Newsham

Early school experiences are brought to life through this cast of loveable characters. While the Oxford Reading Tree fiction stories focus on the home, Duck Green School stories complement them by concentrating on a school setting to which every child can relate.

Children can enjoy their own ‘soap opera’ story, identifying closely with the central characters and the locations, while learning specific vocabulary in context. Stage by stage, they’ll get to know the staff and children in Duck Green School. Duck Green School stories offer six stories at each level.

[size=small]Duck Green Series Stage 1

Complete stories with a few simple words on each spread, and patterned easy-to-read text
Stories introduce the first 12 key words
Text closely linked to illustrations

[size=small]Duck Green Series Stage 2

Reinforces earlier sight vocabulary and introduces 12 further key words
Gradual increase in difficulty
Lively stories with entertaining illustrations
Rhyme introduced in Poppy’s Puppets

[size=small]Duck Green Series Stage 3

Increasing variety in layout and text types
Includes non-rhyming stories
Reinforces earlier sight vocabulary and introduces 20 new key words

[size=small]Duck Green Series Stage 4

New fantasy worlds introduced
More stylistic variation
Longer stories build reading stamina
Reinforces earlier sight vocabulary and introduces 20 new key words

[size=small]Duck Green Series Stage 5

The Treasure Chest stories produce an ideal springboard for discussion, prediction, and shared writing opportunities
Longer stories and further stylistic variation build reading competence and stamina
Establish a strong vocabulary base with the introduction of the final 36 key words

[size=small]Duck Green Series Stage 6

Fantasy tales reinterpret well-known classics such as Cinderella (Leela and the Lost Shoe), Gulliver’s Travels (The Rescue), and The Emperor’s Nightingale (The Songbird) and place the children in the story world of Duck Green School

Stories introduce new vocabulary in the context of a familiar setting and familiar characters

[size=small]Duck Green Series Stage 7

At Stage 7 we revisit some of the key events in the past year at Duck Green School and there are new adventures in the Treasure Chest fantasy tales.

[size=small]Duck Green Series Stage 8

Six more exciting stories from Duck Green School, including three more Treasure Chest fantasy stories.

[size=small]Duck Green Series Stage 9

Six more stories, with more complex sentence structures and plots

[size=medium]Variety

Series Editor: Keith Gaines

Children need a rich mixture of imaginative stories to extend their reading and imagination. They also require a variety of books to repeat and consolidate their core key word vocabulary. The Oxford Literacy Web’s Variety strand provides this and much more!

The strand is divided into two segments.
-Consolidation Stories provide a different context for reading the key words introduced in the Duck Green School stories.
-Extension Stories reinforce vocabulary but include a more challenging element to push upward towards the next level.

Total 9 stages.

The books provide an inviting selection of styles and settings with the stress on make-believe and fantasy. Ideal for use alongside the Duck Green School Stories and Oxford Reading Tree.

侯爵府

20#
發表於 06-3-6 14:03 |只看該作者

Gordon_N0_4,

I cannot believe it!!! Just GBP10 for 13 books??!!

Really cheap wor! btw, did you check the seller's previous record? I'm afraid.... btw, good luck to you!

Gordon_No_4 寫道:
Hello kittylock,

This time I bought books cheaper than you la. He, he. ( You remember, I got more expensive Narnia last time. :-( :-( )
This set of ORT Read at Home books cost around 10 pounds and another 8 pounds for the shipping via surface mail. So, a very good deal.
However, I haven't received them yet as I just successfully bidded them this weekend. Wish me good luck la to get the books soon.

首頁

尾頁

跳至