跳至

首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 8223

畀面勳章 環保接龍勳章

1#
發表於 13-2-1 16:08 |只看該作者
大囡今年fall入幼稚園,學校本身有after school program, 但我哋又想佢識中文,將來識用國語溝通,同埋就算唔識寫都識睇,讀一星期一次嗰啲中文班定係揾間中文after school比佢好啲呢?

複式洋房

積分: 299

2#
發表於 13-2-1 16:36 |只看該作者
搵間一星期讀一次, 睇下佢鐘唔鐘意先後

王國長老

積分: 171633

2024年龍年勳章 2024勳章 虎到金來勳章 牛年勳章 15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 2018復活節勳章 畀面勳章 有「營」勳章 好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 親子達人勳章 王國長老 BK Milk勳章 hashtag影視迷勳章 最關心BB問題熱投勳章 開心吸收勳章

3#
發表於 13-2-2 06:01 |只看該作者
課後班有幾長時間?係咪要坐定定上堂,我去見過一D課後中文班,
其實小朋友幾悶,已經由朝早上堂到放課,之後又要坐定定學,
唔好計興趣先,其實小朋友已經好攰。如果個課後中文班係用中文教其他嘢,
例如畫畫、手工、音樂等,我覺得可以試下。
花旗太太生活在花旗國,留意時差,你問我未必即時答到。

別墅

積分: 768

4#
發表於 13-2-2 07:49 |只看該作者
回覆 babytomato 的帖子

Hi babytomato, my son tried all three. I started to type up our experience but soon I realize it's going to be a very long post to include all the details. Maybe better to chat in person when we meet.
One thing I do agree with rose-mag is that the teacher is very important. Many Chinese teachers' teaching style is rather boring, and it's hard to keep kids interested in learning. So it's important for you to sit in some classes if possible. Unfortunately I'll say you can probably choose the one that is "less boring". My son has been taught my 6 or 7 Chinese teachers and only one is really able to make learning Chinese fun.

王國長老

2024年龍年勳章 2024勳章 虎到金來勳章 牛年勳章 15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 2018復活節勳章 畀面勳章 有「營」勳章 好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 親子達人勳章 王國長老 BK Milk勳章 hashtag影視迷勳章 最關心BB問題熱投勳章 開心吸收勳章

5#
發表於 13-2-2 13:38 |只看該作者
mrschao 發表於 13-2-1 15:49
回覆 babytomato 的帖子

Hi babytomato, my son tried all three. I started to type up our experience ...

嘩,試過咁多個嗱!咁而家果個OK嗎?
我個仔就係頂唔順課後班,已經係好自由去玩,但佢真係太攰,
D老師又唔多理,居然俾我見到佢玩電話打機,所以後來冇再去,
而家放學返屋企寧願俾佢玩一陣食下嘢,我放工再做功課好過。
我就係同老公去睇過一D標榜教中文好好嘅課後班,問過一D家長,
如果家長唔講中文根本個小朋友都學唔到。同老師傾過,
其實家庭營造學習環境緊要D。

男爵府

畀面勳章 環保接龍勳章

6#
發表於 13-2-2 15:14 |只看該作者

回覆:rose-mag 的帖子

Rose-mag, 你升咗級做國王會長,congrats!!

男爵府

畀面勳章 環保接龍勳章

7#
發表於 13-2-2 15:16 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+babytomato+的帖子 Hi+babytomato,+m

原帖由 mrschao 於 13-02-02 發表
回覆 babytomato 的帖子

What is your expectation of your kids\' Chinese? My husband said I\'m unrealistic to hope my daughter can read Chinese.

男爵府

畀面勳章 環保接龍勳章

8#
發表於 13-2-2 15:18 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:mrschao+發表於+13-2-1+15:49+回覆+b

原帖由 rose-mag 於 13-02-02 發表
嘩,試過咁多個嗱!咁而家果個OK嗎?
D老師又 ...
We speak Cantonese at home, and watch TVB drama, but my girls still talk to each other in English.

王國長老

9#
發表於 13-2-2 15:28 |只看該作者
babytomato 發表於 13-2-1 23:14
Rose-mag, 你升咗級做國王會長,congrats!!

多謝,有少少搵自己笨,不過叫做可以幫下手做嘢,
係見習咋,做完6個月先再決定去留。
不過呢版我冇權限,但有嘢可以去叫超版幫手。

王國長老

10#
發表於 13-2-2 15:33 |只看該作者
babytomato 發表於 13-2-1 23:18
We speak Cantonese at home, and watch TVB drama, but my girls still talk to each other in English.

冇計架,喺呢度長大,佢地母語唔係中文係英文,所以你老公講得冇錯,
好難要求仔女中文好叻,除非佢地自己有興趣學,唔係keep到小學,
去到中學都冇晒。我對仔女第一句學嘅係中文,以前婆婆湊果陣,中文好叻,
點知一返P就即時掉轉,英文係佢地日常用語,我仲幣,
我老公唔講中文,對仔女而家同我講唔到中文就去同爸爸講。

大宅

積分: 1125

11#
發表於 13-2-3 09:17 |只看該作者

回覆:rose-mag 的帖子

同意係屋企提供學中文環境好重要。我覺得如果屋企有人講中文。就應先學好講,然後學好認字。這樣佢一讀出句子就自然明白意思。很快就可以自己看故事書。再自選有趣故事書。睇中文就唔會有問題......

judith07

男爵府

積分: 5923

12#
發表於 13-2-4 07:40 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+babytomato+的帖子 Hi+babytomato,+m

原帖由 mrschao 於 13-02-02 發表
回覆 babytomato 的帖子

Hi Mrschao, can you share your experience here? I also want my son to learn Chinese. He is studying once a week now but doesn\'t seem like he is interested. I was thinking to take him to bilingual school for his kindergarten but am afraid if he does not like Chinese, it will affect his interest in studying (regardless what language) in the future...

王國長老

13#
發表於 13-2-4 08:03 |只看該作者
judith07 發表於 13-2-2 17:17
同意係屋企提供學中文環境好重要。我覺得如果屋企有人講中文。就應先學好講,然後學好認字。這樣佢一讀出句 ...

其實由細都大對仔女日頭都由婆婆湊,佢地第一句講嘅都係中文,
初初我老公好慘架,仔女好似唔多明佢講英文咁,後來佢地去托兒所同Preschool,
情況就唔同晒,佢地開始講英文多過中文,兩兄妹平日講英文多,
我會叫佢地同我講中文,唔係唔睬佢,要講到中文為止,
但佢地會選擇走去同爸爸講英文,而家佢地返嘅公校已經係雙語,
每日下午有中文學,幼稚園已經學寫簡單單字,但個仔而家1年級,
好多字都係唔認得唔識寫,次次寫都係睇住個字抄,佢話好難,
我問佢不如唔好學中文啦,個仔又話唔好佢要學,所以暫時係可以教到佢,
不過佢興趣唔喺寫字度,英文寫同串都冇問題,串字仲成日都100添,
但中文就好差。個女暫時OK,但佢超怕寫自己個名,因為第三個字幾深,
我成日借D食譜同手作書,個女好想學,咁我話有好多好好睇嘅書都係中文,
要睇就要學中文,佢好開心咁話要學。So far我都係見步行步,
唔想逼但又真係有D心急佢地好似學得麻麻地。

別墅

14#
發表於 13-2-5 03:22 |只看該作者
rose-mag 發表於 13-2-1 21:38
嘩,試過咁多個嗱!咁而家果個OK嗎?
D老師又 ...
Hi rose-mag, my son's current Chinese teacher is so-so now. I just wish they could have a special class for Cantonese speakers to learn Mandarin. My son also said it's tired to have after-school classes, but at the same time he has made some good friends there and he likes to play with them. It's a really long day for young kids (especially kinders) because there is no nap time. Besides academic (Chinese, English and Math), most Chinese after-school care centers also offer piano, drawing, chess, lego, etc. It's really perfect for working-moms as it saves you some trips to drop-off/pick-up kids for these extra curricular activities.

別墅

15#
發表於 13-2-5 03:40 |只看該作者
babytomato 發表於 13-2-1 23:16
What is your expectation of your kids\' Chinese? My husband said I\'m unrealistic to hope my daughte ...
I don't think this is unrealistic. I just think that it depends on how much time and effort you want /can afford to teach. I have met one Cantonese speaking family; both daughters are fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin. They can read and write in Chinese as well. They speak Cantonese at home, go to weekly Chinese school to learn Mandarin, but the mother spends time studying and practicing Mandarin with the daughters every day.
Although I have flexible working hours, I can't commit to do revisions with the kids daily. I imagine it's only possible for stay home moms. Therefore I found Chinese after-school care a better option. Honestly I don't have very high expectation for my children's Chinese language ability. So far I am pretty sure they will have no problem listening and speaking both Cantonese and Mandarin.

Reading is my next target and I think it's like winning a jackpot if they can write. It's not impossible, but not easy.

別墅

16#
發表於 13-2-5 04:13 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 mrschao 於 13-2-4 13:24 編輯
TSX 發表於 13-2-3 15:40
Hi Mrschao, can you share your experience here? I also want my son to learn Chinese. He is studying ...

Totally agree that "interest" is the key. I do not give much my children pressure to learn Chinese; I don't count how many words they learn in a week/month,etc. I just take it easy. The teacher should also share similar expectations, so they do not give the children too much pressure neither.
Using multimedia is another good way to keep kids interested. I tried some products for kids to learn Chinese online / with computer aids. Those are pretty good too. If you're interested, I can PM you. When my kids were very little, I let them watch Disney movies that I could find on Chinese DVDs (Lion King, Nemo, etc.) Now that they are older (7 and 9 yrs old) and they are interested in watching TVB dramas with us (of course picking the suitable ones for them is not so easy), and we will try to explain the idoms and phrases along the way so they can understand the drama better. Sometimes there are some bad words or slangs that are quite
粗俗, I explain to them the words, but tell them that these are bad words and they should say them, rather tell them what other words they can use instead. For example, in our family it's not appropriate to say someone is 痴綫. Instead we can say 傻傻地。

All in all, every kid is different. Some are better in languages, and some are better indifferent things. As a parent, I can only provide an opportunity and a good environment for my kids to learn Chinese, and not hate Chinese classes. I hope I'm doing the right things, anyone wants to share experience...please do!

王國長老

17#
發表於 13-2-5 04:41 |只看該作者
mrschao 發表於 13-2-4 11:22
Hi rose-mag, my son's current Chinese teacher is so-so now. I just wish they could have a special c ...

I agree, after school is a good option for working parents in case that the after school offers other choices of activities. I sent my son to the on-site after school program (not Chinese tough) last year. He loves the activities such as going to the park, doing some experiments such as making ice-cream with no refrigerator, making handprints, etc. but it was just too long for him. The program does not allow parents to pick up before 5:45pm. Imagine a kid stays at school from 8:30am to 5:45pm without time to rest, I can totally feel the difficulties. More important is that there were kids from other schools and other classes that have bad influences on him and they picked on him. My son became so frustrated and refused to cooperate. The teacher gave him no attention but just ignored the fact that he was picked on. Finally, both his grade teacher, principal and his Chinese teacher agreed with us to pull him out.

That left me 2 choices: let him stay home with my mom and just eats and plays before I come home or find another after-school program for him but it would be off-site and need more arrangements to transport him there. I checked out 2 programs but none of them can give me the confidence to leave my son there. So, I just let my mom take care of him. Now, my daughter does not go to after-school either. Both of them have snacks and play at my mom's home. Sometimes, my mom would let them play a bit in the park when she walks them home.

Just like you, I cannot commit to teach them Chinese like other SAHM can. Having only a few hours with them during weekdays cannot allow me to do too much. When many people question me on not sending them to Chinese school, I just want to let them be kids. They learn swimming on Saturday and go to library on Sat/Sun. I have prepared that my kids may only know how to speak but I will try to keep their interests on Chinese. When they are more determined to learn more, I will throw in more for them.

別墅

18#
發表於 13-2-5 06:29 |只看該作者
TSX 發表於 13-2-3 15:40
Hi Mrschao, can you share your experience here? I also want my son to learn Chinese. He is studying ...
Hey TSX, I don't have options for bilingual schools where I live so I can't comment on it. Do you usually sit in the weekly Chinese class together with your child? I did when I sent my son to one of those 4 or 5 years ago. Not only the kids, but I also felt bored because they all just sat and listened to the teacher, then repeated the phrases after her. I talked to the teacher and suggested using more fun ways to teach, like using puppets, role play, games, etc. Apparently the kids liked that better. But if the teacher is not good with kids and if not good at teaching kids, it's hard to change the style. That's why I said the teacher is VERY important, doesn't matter if it's weekly or daily class. If parents can study and do revisions with the kids every day, I'll say weekly school is sufficient. Otherwise I'll choose daily after-school. I'm hoping that the kids will still pick up "some" Chinese day after day in several years. To me, 30 minutes class each day is better than 2.5 hour class on weekends, then no/limited practice during the week.

男爵府

積分: 5923

19#
發表於 13-2-9 00:10 |只看該作者
回覆 mrschao 的帖子

Thanks for the opinion! I can sit-in in his Chinese class and I did that for the first 2 lessons. However he kept turning his head to the back and looked for me, and did not pay attention to the class because of my presence. Now he participates more in the class without me sitting at the back.

I do agree with you that spending little bit time everyday is better than sitting in an intensive class once a week. I tried to play chinese animation/cartoon at home (Doraemon, the Lion King etc. in chinese) but because he does not understand, he loses interests fast. I guess it just takes time to let him get used to the bilingual environment. Luckily his teacher is not too bad, and they seem to have good amount of interactive time in the class like singing and playing game together.

It's funny to see that while the parents in HK try every opportunity to provide English-speaking environment to kids, we try hard to make our kids to speak Chinese!

首頁

尾頁

跳至