跳至

首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 7794

61#
發表於 07-10-12 10:53 |只看該作者
elmolly,
Gabriel's condition gets worse again tonight, he can't believe again.. I just gave him nebuliser.. and his airway doesn't comletely open up.. with very chesty cough in all a sudden..
I put him in my bed to night, so I can keep an eye on him.. if he can't breath again.. then I need to send him to Er tonight..
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-1 03:16 PM 發表
Nillie_Mami,

I started the training again on Sat and Andrea slept on her own tonight withing crying, which is the 3rd night only :loveliness:

I'm so pround of her, having her is the greatest thing ...

男爵府

積分: 7423

62#
發表於 07-10-14 01:02 |只看該作者
Nillie,

how's Gabriel now? you must be very worried...maybe you should bring him over to pedi first?

the flu that I got was spreaded by Andrea, it was like 1.5 weeks ago but she still has running nose and some heavy sound when she breaths. but the doctor said her cold is recovered, just her airway is allergric. she refuses to sleep on her own so I let her to lean on my body to sleep, no wonder you said the routine is useless when they got sick

男爵府

63#
發表於 07-10-14 10:04 |只看該作者
elmolly,
pedi suppects Gabriel got croup cough.. which is the beginning of Asthma... Since he can't breathe well, I started giving him nebuliser (ventolin-- albuterol)聞氣every 3-4 hours, nasal suction (first with normal saline drop, then use the suction pump to clear the mucus), as he has low grade fever, so, once he has over 100.4F, I gave him the fever relief medicine according to his weight.
Friday, I went to the job fair in the morning, I brought Gabriel with me, just afraid of his condition got worse and my husband may not able to deal with him.
At afternoon, we brought him to the pedi office. His pedi said that he may have croup cough, and glad that I did what he planned to prescribe to Gabriel. He said that we are good partners on taking care of Gabriel.
Today, I can see that Gabriel's coughing (dog barking cough) reduced. running nose reduced. Fever still on and off.
~~ although.. I don't understand that why pedi said that Gabriel may have croup..(as croup is viral infection..) but Gabriel only have low grade fever (never higher than 101.6F).. but.. I do believe that the treatment I gave to Gabriel is correct.. which is the mild and harmless for Gabriel.
He is either sleeping next to me or my fat bear hubby..
haha.. we know, after he recoved.. we are going to have a hard time to put him into his crib again!
But he needs to go back to his crib when he is recovered.
No excuse!
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-13 12:02 PM 發表
Nillie,

how's Gabriel now? you must be very worried...maybe you should bring him over to pedi first?

the flu that I got was spreaded by Andrea, it was like 1.5 weeks ago but she still has running n ...

男爵府

64#
發表於 07-10-16 06:36 |只看該作者
Nillie,

wow, asthma, does Amanda have the same problem. luckily you gave him the same treatment, otherwise the situation maybe worse. does Gabriel let you suck his nose? Andrea doesn't let me to do so, maybe I'm not skillful enough

I'm getting home very late from work, so now making Andrea sleep seems like the only time I can spend with her, struggling if I should train her again after her nose is ok...I'm like a sleeping activitor to her, she'll fall to sleep very soon when she's on my body at night

男爵府

65#
發表於 07-10-17 02:03 |只看該作者
elmolly,
Gabriel is very "sticky", we will wait until he is recovered, then we will put him in his crib again.. poor boy.. but today,he really does better!
Amanda has the sign to show us that she may develop Asthma, now she is on steriod treatment, wish (I cross my fingers) she will not get it.
Gabriel and Amanda hate suction, but I will not let go of them. I will grap them on the floor or on the bed and do what I have to (as a nurse, I won't be soft heart if they need medical assistant, I do give injections to them. I do everything to them, just like I did in hospital).

原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-15 05:36 PM 發表
Nillie,

wow, asthma, does Amanda have the same problem. luckily you gave him the same treatment, otherwise the situation maybe worse. does Gabriel let you suck his nose? Andrea doesn't let me to do s ...

男爵府

66#
發表於 07-10-20 04:39 |只看該作者
Nillie,

I'm back from my trip, bought many toys to Andrea

oh, Amanda is on steroid treatment already! poor girl. welll, I think I'm too soft heart to Andrea, not only for the suction. I found that I don't know how to settle her crying in the public, so usually let her win cause her crying is really distrubing to other people, should we open another topic in how to 教細路?

back to the topic, I skin to skin andrea during my trip, tonight I made her sleep as usual, but she's not satisfied with only leaning on me, she needs my nipple to sleep, what should I do :-(

男爵府

67#
發表於 07-10-20 06:36 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
After a lot of fun.. it is time to settle down again!
Back to the begining.. heehee...
be tough, Elmolly, put her in crib a bit earlier.. as she usually cries as usual.but now, you are at your home.. no one can hear her screaming:mrgreen:

Ok.. let set up a new forum.. for Super Nanny/Nanny 911
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-19 03:39 PM 發表
Nillie,
I'm back from my trip, bought many toys to Andrea
oh, Amanda is on steroid treatment already! poor girl. welll, I think I'm too soft heart to Andrea, not only for the suction. I found t ...

男爵府

68#
發表於 07-10-21 01:19 |只看該作者
Nillie,

Is Gabriel doing better now?

Actually I don't mind to skin to skin or to let her lean on me to sleep, cause this is usually the only time I can spend with her, but these few nights she woke up at least 3 times to look for me/my nipple, even last night we were already home, so can't be soft heart la, she really can't sleep well in this way :-(

男爵府

69#
發表於 07-10-21 07:55 |只看該作者
elmolly,
just like jetlag, you can't expect that Andrea is just like a light switch, you switch her on then she will wake up, you switch her off then she will close her eyes..
Come on, she needs time.. at least a few day. with quiet routine at day, then she will calm down.. after that she will be better
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-20 12:19 PM 發表
Nillie,

Is Gabriel doing better now?

Actually I don't mind to skin to skin or to let her lean on me to sleep, cause this is usually the only time I can spend with her, but these few nights she woke ...

大宅

積分: 1759

70#
發表於 07-10-23 03:56 |只看該作者
原文章由 Nillie_Mami 於 07-10-21 07:55 發表
elmolly,
just like jetlag, you can't expect that Andrea is just like a light switch, you switch her on then she will wake up, you switch her off then she will close her eyes..
Come on, she needs time. ...

hihi~~記得我嗎?成个月lu...
蝦米妹好叻叻呀,每晚八點,mama say:
is time to nite nite la,good nite~
佢就好快訓著,最多叫兩聲就訓,
Nillie_Mami,你講得冇錯,BB一便秘唔舒服都扭得幾勁要我陪~~
but so far so good la~希望一直係啱就好la~
after i fire my maid ,she can sleep alone and wont wake up until morning
Thanks Nillie_Mami again

大宅

積分: 1622

71#
發表於 07-10-23 09:13 |只看該作者
Hi Nillie_mani,

I'm 0704 mami and my baby girl is almost 7 months old. leungwaimin refers your message to us (it's so great and we learn a lot from u). After reading your message, i think it's time for me to train my bb bed time routine la.

Let me give u my background first. I'm a working mami. Normally, i can come back to home from office at around 7pm. My bb's first milk is 7pm and my maid will hug her to sleep (MUST ROCK). After she falls asleep, my maid will put her back to her crib and she can sleep until next morning 6am. The problem we have now is she needed someone to hug her to sleep and she might cry crazy when she can't sleep (if she feels so sleepy).

I plan to start the training next week and I will discuss this with my honey and my maid this week to get their consensus and cooperation.

I have 1 question about the training. My bb now need to take1 to 1.5 hour nap between 2 meal during the day time. My maid will also hug and rock her during taking a nap. Is the training also applied to the nap? How I can deal with the bed time routine during day time?

Thanks so much!

[ 本文章最後由 JackieJacky 於 07-10-23 09:59 編輯 ]

男爵府

72#
發表於 07-10-24 00:38 |只看該作者
原文章由 Nillie_Mami 於 07-10-21 07:55 發表
elmolly,
just like jetlag, you can't expect that Andrea is just like a light swiltch, you switch her on then she will wake up, you switch her off then she will close her eyes..
Come on, she needs time. ...

Nillie,

wow, there are more and more 0704 mom here!

I feel really bad cause we brought her to travel and skin to skin to let her sleep for my own convenience, after being so "nice" to her, need to train her to sleep on her own again, seems very cruel to her and very selfish... anyway, I started the training again, but she still can't sleep well, no matter she sleeps at 10:30 or late until 11:30, she will wake up between 0200-0300, is there any way that can make her sleep thru the whole night?

男爵府

73#
發表於 07-10-24 04:37 |只看該作者
elmolly,
almost a week time and andrea should settle by now.
Switch the bath time before bed time.
She should go to bed no later than 10pm according to her physiological cycle. (liver will start clean up the toxic waste in human body at around 11pm to 2am, so all of you should go to bed.. althought it seems not possible for hong kong people.. :mrgreen: ), in US we all sleep about 10pm.. babies normal in bed at about 7-8pm.
you and your hubby have to be tough and have to cooperate with each other. You need support from him, as he should not complaint if Andrea cries at late night.
You can offer water to Andrea if she wakes up, no more milk.. sometimes, she just need pacify.. so give her some water by bottle. no more than that. no rocking, no hugs.
first, from 5 min if she continue crying, then extend to 10min .. like last time..
remember, as you restart it again, so Andrea knows the trick and the rules, she may cry madly this time.
also, be patience.

原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-23 11:38 AM 發表
Nillie,
wow, there are more and more 0704 mom here!
I feel really bad cause we brought her to travel and skin to skin to let her sleep for my own convenience, after being so "nice" to her, need to ...

男爵府

74#
發表於 07-10-24 06:57 |只看該作者
嘩!你哋咁攪法, 我不如搬個forum 去0704..
下次收錢架! just kidding..

JackieJacky,
Nap time should not be changed at the moment, the reason is your baby girl needs time to adjust.
Rock to sleep is really a bad habit as baby girl gains weight and how can your maid to manage it when she gets older?
It is a right time to make a change.
However, I have to say, 4 of you will suffer for a while.
Better find a week with a long weekend, so, you guys can tolerate with her crying longer.
It is not your maid's fault to rock the baby to sleep, that is her culture..

Again, as I said at the begining, start the training on you guys' vacation time or at a long weekend.. so you guy can tolrate with your baby's crying.
put your daughter in bed when she is drowsy, not asleep.
Reduce rocking (but not complete stop rockng at the begining.) it is hard for your maid to take care of your daughter, and hard for your daughter to adapt about it.
Both of them need time.
Your daughter will cry, that is what we can predict, and then, follow the schedule which I wrote at the first message.
You need to take about 2-4 weeks to work and no "soft heart" !!!
原文章由 JackieJacky 於 07-10-22 08:13 PM 發表
Hi Nillie_mani,

I'm 0704 mami and my baby girl is almost 7 months old. leungwaimin refers your message to us (it's so great and we learn a lot from u). After reading your message, i think it's time ...

男爵府

75#
發表於 07-10-25 00:28 |只看該作者
Nillie,

Good idea, maybe we really should move the forum to 0704, I saw many moms have similar problem. Althernatively, maybe we can open a topic in 0704 and ask all moms have problems to come talk here

Actually Andrea can now sleep on her own, just keep waking up at night, she used to get up only 1 or none at night, now 2 times a night... when she gets up at night, she won't stop crying without my nipple

I also want Andrea to sleeps earlier, but it's usually 10 already when I'm home, even sometime I make her sleep before I have dinner, it's still already 10:30, do you think it's better to let her sleep before I'm home? it maybe better for her but then I can't see her the whole day :-(

男爵府

76#
發表於 07-10-25 02:07 |只看該作者
elmolly,
that is a joke.. don't ask your 0704 moms to come over.. I won't have that much time to deal with them.
I set up this forum .. because I wanna help those mom in US.. but what a sudden.. all moms here are from hk.. haha
Elmolly,
you got a maid, right?? Why can't you see Andrea every day? as she is sleeping in your room.. and she woke up every night.
Let Andrea to sleep earlier.. it is good for her.. she needs to sleep more for better brain /cognitive development.
You will spend whole weekend with her.. and by then.. you play with her, talk to her.. sing with her..
10:30pm is very late night for a 6 months old to get to bed.
She will reduce the time of awaken if you feed her with water. If you choose to skin to skin at night, then, you can not really stop her awaken at night. Like Gabriel, if he knows I sleep with him in the same room that night, he will force himself to wake up, just to ask if I will skin to skin him.. really bad boy.. so my hubby would rather sleep with Gabriel at the same room (the Bad boy will sleep about 6-7 hours -- like 死豬 with snoring)
You need to think about it..
I only bottle feed him at night, to make it easy of all care giver to take care of Gabriel.
I pump about 2-3 times at night,to maintain my milk flow
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-24 11:28 AM 發表
Nillie,
Good idea, maybe we really should move the forum to 0704, I saw many moms have similar problem. Althernatively, maybe we can open a topic in 0704 and ask all moms have problems to come talk h ...

男爵府

77#
發表於 07-10-25 05:00 |只看該作者
Nillie,

of course I won't open such a topic, I was kidding as well. indeed, I know this topic because a mom post it at 母乳餵哺. wow, you won't be so cruel, I know you will try your best to help all moms in need :loveliness:

tonight Andrea woke up at 3 but not sleeping again until now, I'm so sleepy. ok, I'll try to give her water at night, but will she take it if she doesn't like drinking water even during the day? I'm just lazy to get bottle and it will take a while, Andrea 會越喊越醒. I got less milk for her cause she got the milk that I should pump out at mid-night

how should I make her sleep earlier? sometimes she is not sleepy at all

is Gabriel recovered now? you started to put him sleep on his own? how do you know he'll "force" himself to ask you skin to skin?

男爵府

78#
發表於 07-10-25 06:08 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
邊個咁大整古呀

俾佢飲水係令佢知道冇skin to skin, therefore 佢慢慢learn to 放棄search for your nipple.

通常改bedtime 前至去沖涼, BB會易入睡啲...

is Gabriel recovered now? you started to put him sleep on his own? how do you know he'll "force" himself to ask you skin to skin
Gabriel's recovery in process
coming weekend, 就要放Gabriel 返自己床仔... how do I know.. that he force himself awake.. as normally, he will wake at the middle of the night, practise his skill he learns from the day, or just sit up and make a pee pee, if he saw me in the same room, he will cry for milk and refuse bottle, but if he saw fat bear and nanny, he will fall back asleep.. and even weird to ask for bottle.
If he sleeps with me, he woke up every 3 hours thru the night, what a big joke

原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-24 04:00 PM 發表
Nillie,

of course I won't open such a topic, I was kidding as well. indeed, I know this topic because a mom post it at 母乳餵哺. wow, you won't be so cruel, I know you will try your best to help all ...

大宅

積分: 1622

79#
發表於 07-10-25 08:36 |只看該作者
Thanks so much for your help.

Actually, whatever you open the topic in any foru, we will follow up ma!

I will start the training this sat and I'm off on next mon & tue. will let u know the result.

Good luck to me la!

原文章由 Nillie_Mami 於 07-10-24 06:57 發表
嘩!你哋咁攪法, 我不如搬個forum 去0704..
下次收錢架! just kidding..

JackieJacky,
Nap time should not be changed at the moment, the reason is your baby girl needs time to adjust.
Rock to ...

男爵府

80#
發表於 07-10-26 00:56 |只看該作者
Nillie,

I have talked to my mom, but she doesn't agree to bath Andrea before bed, she said all babies are bath at day time

my mom and my maid are really killing me, I want to fire my maid and already found a seat in day care for Andrea, but both my mom and c6 don't like this idea much cause the money we pay for day care is same as a maid. but my maid really can't perform up to standard, always found excuses. My mom always watches tv and turns it lound, obviously, Andrea watches it as well, which I really hate it, everything is just making me crazy

sorry that I'm off from the topic, but it's really annoying.

Gabriel gets up at night to pee himself? Andrea also always look for me to skin to skin her at night, can't sleep and can't pump :-(

首頁

尾頁

跳至