跳至

首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 7794

81#
發表於 07-10-26 01:16 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
haha .. that is the problem if we live with extanded famly.. as she is your mom... what you can say.
if she disagree with the idea.. you can't do anything, as she is Andrea's care giver..
Even send Andrea to nursery, the night sleep problem can not be solved as well.
So, as you got a maid, you got your mom, just transfer Andrea to their room.. you can't take it that much..
If Andrea can not see you at night, she may even wean off night feed. think about it.

原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-25 11:56 AM 發表
Nillie,
I have talked to my mom, but she doesn't agree to bath Andrea before bed, she said all babies are bath at day time
my mom and my maid are really killing me, I want to fire my maid and a ...

男爵府

積分: 7423

82#
發表於 07-10-28 00:38 |只看該作者
Nillie,

Did you start the to let Gabriel sleep on his own? how's it going?

Actually Andrea didn't need night feed for a while already, just don't know why she's asking for it recently, I know I'm too tired + lazy to get bottle, will put some water in my room and give it to Andrea. Last night, my mom put to her sleep at 9, then she woke up at 12:30, and then 4:00 till 7:30, is she supposed to get hungry every time she woke up or she was just forcing herself to be skin to skin like Gabriel? I just can't tell if she's really hungry or not.

I also wish I can move Andrea over to my mom's room, but her room is too small, Andrea can only sleep with her, which is a bit tight as Andrea is getting big now. I will not let my maid to sleep with Andrea as I plan to fire her, I really can't stand with someone with bad attitude and need me to kick her move for almost everything. I'm very headache now as still don't know if I should quit my job/put Andrea to day care/try out another maid/give more chance t my maid, everyday I'm annoyed by this issue and driving me crazy

男爵府

83#
發表於 07-10-28 03:43 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
Not yet, and will start from tonight, I won't expect that he will sleep tonight. Let him cry!
Feed her with water, she doesn't need night feed at all.
she is over 6 months. she is a big girl now.
For your headache. That really depends on your finanical base.
Because it is really talking about $$$money$$$
Send Andrea to nursery is :a lot of money
and your hubby is right, that money is good enough to give a maid.
So, may be give your maid a chance or just hide a new one.. I bet you earn much more than a maid, so why stay at home and struggle with Andrea..?

原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-27 11:38 AM 發表
Nillie,

Did you start the to let Gabriel sleep on his own? how's it going?

Actually Andrea didn't need night feed for a while already, just don't know why she's asking for it recently, I know I'm to ...

男爵府

84#
發表於 07-10-29 00:13 |只看該作者
Nillie,

If Andrea sleeps at 2100-2200, what should be her next feed? I remember you once told me that 5 hours is sleep thru the night, so If Andrea sleeps at 2200, then it's normal for her to ask for feed at around 0300?

you are wrong la, my job is a part time one, although the working time is long, but not making as much as a full time staff, but if I switch to a full time staff, then I'll lose the flexibility, my salary can only cover for the maid's expenses and my own expenses to work only, this is why I do consider to be a stay home mom, I'm ok to stay with Andrea, just I hate doing housework :tongue:

男爵府

85#
發表於 07-10-29 04:16 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
I have been a stayed home mom with no help at all. So, I can tell.. you have not suffered from that situation yet (to be a stay home mom).
As you have helping hands(your mom). Therefore, you got somebody to keep an eye on Andrea when you are busy.
If you only make the same amount as a maid, then I would say.. it's up to you.
but you hate housework.
If you quit, and become a stay home mom, you can skin to skin wherever, whenever you want.
Normally, we would say.. sleep between 1200am -5am .. is sleep thru the night (from 0000-0500) that 5 hours.
Hum.. Gabriel sometimes will sleep from 8pm to 4:50am.. so I considered him as "sleep thru" as well, even he woke 10 mins before 5am.
These days, Gabriel is having his 猛長期 again... feed every 2.5 hours (with 7-10.5 oz BF)... and at night feed every 4 hours ( with 6-9oz)... Gosh.. I am completely dry out!
We will keep Gabriel in his crib no matter how mad he cries.. as I don't worry (get used to his crying)..
Hope he will go back to sleep on his won without my hand.
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-28 11:13 AM 發表
Nillie,
If Andrea sleeps at 2100-2200, what should be her next feed? I remember you once told me that 5 hours is sleep thru the night, so If Andrea sleeps at 2200, then it's normal for her to ask for ...

男爵府

86#
發表於 07-10-30 04:11 |只看該作者
Nillie,

wow, 10.5 oz

猛長期not just happens at 3,6 weeks/months? does Gabriel also eats more solid food during the growth spurt?

Andrea has been on solid food for morte than a month, but still can't eat as 1 meal...

ok... according to the definition, Andrea absolutely not sleeping thru the night, and doing worse now. tonight I get home at 2130, she slept already, but woke up at 2300 and 0000, I didn't give her anything, only 拍番佢瞓,但佢一定要扒起我個身到瞓,一放平佢就醒,越黎越難攪

need to stop now, she's crying again...

男爵府

87#
發表於 07-10-31 09:43 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
Gabriel has fever today.. 103.6F.. my hubby told me when I was still sleeping at 3:40pm this afternoon as I supposed to work tonight, but as Gabriel is having high fever.. so I called in for (child in sick). I did not go to work.
Gabriel is just like Andrea, he can only sleep on my chest this evening.
His breathing is very hot.. (the air from his nose). He is cranky and very drowsy. But he just can't sleep on his own.
Tonight, I will sleep with him again. So, I can check his temperature periodically.

we both need to add oil.
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-29 03:11 PM 發表
Nillie,

wow, 10.5 oz

猛長期not just happens at 3,6 weeks/months? does Gabriel also eats more solid food during the growth spurt?

Andrea has been on solid food for morte than a month, b ...

男爵府

88#
發表於 07-11-1 01:58 |只看該作者
Nillie,

Oh, Gabriel is sick again? The temperature is really high, did you bring him to pedi yet? when they get sick, sleep on their own or not it's really not a matter as long as they feel better.

I need help. Andrea is getting worse, it's crazy crying + screaming. She wakes up at least 3 times in this few night. The way she cries it's like when she was suffered from colic, only I can calm her down. Will teething make her cry like this at mid-night? I called the pedi and give her wind drop again since last night, but no improvement yet.

I tried to give her water but not working, I guess she's not looking for milk, but me. She only sleeps on my chest or on my arm, whenever I move her to sleep on her back or take my arm back, she wakes up and cries. Finally need to compromise (give her my nipple) as her dad can't sleep, I'm also very tired to calming her down the whole night then get up to work the next day. Luckily I'm off in these 2 days as the situation is very bad, tonight she woke up after sleeping for only an hour and cried so bad even when I'm holding her and she can't sleep on her own even during day time today, only slelpt on my arm

男爵府

89#
發表於 07-11-3 06:18 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
DO you know about 玫瑰疹??
Gabriel has it today, completely under our expectation (me and other moms who slept over 2 nights ago.. we had Halloween night sleep over parties with other BK families).
Now, Gabriel with all the rash all over his body, and he is complete recover..and very energenic.

That is very important when you re-start bed time training, it must be on a long weekend or your annual leave.. otherwise, both you and Andrea will suffer very very much.
Gabriel is co-bed right now.. still need to comfort him at the night, but I give him bottle.. as he only takes 4-5 oz a meal.. instead of 9-10.5oz.. which he normally takes.

I will wait until he is completely recovered from this sickness, then I will start the bed time training on him again.
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-31 12:58 PM 發表
Nillie,

Oh, Gabriel is sick again? The temperature is really high, did you bring him to pedi yet? when they get sick, sleep on their own or not it's really not a matter as long as they feel better.

男爵府

90#
發表於 07-11-3 22:49 |只看該作者
Nillie,

Yes, I know about 玫瑰疹, actually I had it myself few years ago, it was so strange cause it's usually on babies. Why is it under your expectation? it came and gone so fast on Gabriel...

wow, Halloween night sleep over parties, sounds great, I only did the treat or trick once once the first year I went to Canada with a pillow case to get my candies

Andrea is not only having problem to sleep, also to poo poo, it's very hard and dry. She's only having congee once a day and still drinking milk 4-5 times a day, don't know how come it becomes so hard, sometimes it's so hard that she throws up... is it because she's not drinking water or she's taking too much biscuits?

Is Gabriel taking less milk because he's not feeling well or because his growth spurt is over? Andrea is also drinking like 1-1.5oz less each meal now, I don't know why...

She is not to bad to fall to sleep, uaually cries for 5-10mins, just will wake up very soon (like after an hour), and the nightmare starts after this... I don't know what should I do about this... let her cry to sleep again? It's getting cold here but her back is always wet at the mid-night, not sure if she's too hot or too cold or what, now got sounds when she breaths ... I really don't know what to do, losing my mind, I don't know what to do with her, is it possible to talk to you?

男爵府

91#
發表於 07-11-9 08:09 |只看該作者
Nillie,

are you very busy? it's going crazy here, Andrea is not sleeping and drinking milk, also doesn't let me get up and sleep :-( :-( :-(

男爵府

92#
發表於 07-11-9 10:31 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
Does Andrea on formula or complete BF plus solid food?
Did you start your bed time training again?
As Andrea gets older, the harder you train her.
So, once you have a few days off, you gonna try again as you said, you will not send her to your mom's home, and she will not sleep with the filipino maid.
Did you ever introduce Sweet potato, it will help her to move bowel, otherwise, start the Gerber Prune+apple juice. dilute it to 1:3 to 1:2.. that should help.
Gabriel recovered.. but he refused to take the bottle.
And.. I need to wait until Saturday to set up his bed again.. and try to set him on bed.. not easy, but I would try.
I don't want to sleep with him every day. even he will not wake up during the night.
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-11-3 09:49 AM 發表
Nillie,

Yes, I know about 玫瑰疹, actually I had it myself few years ago, it was so strange cause it's usually on babies. Why is it under your expectation? it came and gone so fast on Gabriel...

wow ...

男爵府

93#
發表於 07-11-9 11:12 |只看該作者
Nillie,

We started the bedtime training again, her dad is the one who put her to bed because she always cries for me if sees me. She will fall to sleep in around 10 mins time but then keeps waking up every single hour. I gave her some “珍珠末” and the situation improved for 2 nights (casue I wonder if the flash from the studio scared her after I took her to a studio 2 weeks ago), then last night, c6 went out for dinner and I needed to put her to sleep myself, then it became totally uncontrollable. She cried badly then threw up milk so I picked her up and put her bad again after she fell to sleep, the nightmare then started again, waking up every hour. She woke up and cried immediately whenever my hands off her. We lose control when she wakes up at mid-night as she cries so bad and everyone is tired at the middle of sleep. I don’t dream that she can sleep the whole night, but 4-5 conservative hours at least …

I wonder if she’s not feeling well, there’s some sounds when she breaths and she got a runny nose, cough sometimes. I’m giving her the medicine to stop runny nose from last time and my mom insists she’s ok… what should I do? Last night she was not sleeping well after she woke up at 03:00, she’s not interested even I offered to skin to skin her and refusing milk this morning, only keeps crying crazily, what should I do? I’m super frustrated :-( :-( :-(

What do you do if Gabriel refuses bottle now? Start the training again? But he’s a good boy that he sleeps thru the night :lol::" />

I really need help!

[ 本文章最後由 elmolly 於 07-11-9 11:14 編輯 ]

男爵府

94#
發表於 07-11-10 00:52 |只看該作者
Nillie,

It's me again. Any reason that Andrea is not taking milk before she sleeps? in these 2 weeks she's doing very bad for her last meal, usually only around 3-4 oz or only few zips

男爵府

95#
發表於 07-11-10 09:32 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
After all of that..
Have you ever think that.. Andrea is suffering from teething.. which lead to poor sleeping, poor appetite and bad temper(insecure)?
Did she have teeth, or are there any more coming out??
That may be a reason which causing problem right now.
And that is what every mom to deal with. Some babies don't cry much, like Amanda.. she doesn't even bit me when she was teething.
However, period to period, time to time, Gabriel will be complete miserable.. as he will scream thru the night, cried every hour.. and fell asleep for 45 mins, then cried for another whole hour... When I applied Oragel on his gum, he will cry even louder for 2-3 mins, then he will able to sleep 3-4 hours.
When he is teething.. he doesn't take night bottle as well.. therefore, he will wake up at mid nite, because he did not drink at 7:30pm.. then, I will try to feed him once, if he refused bottle, I will offer skin to skin if he is teething, normally, he will suck almost an hour for comfort.. I will pull my nipple out when I can't tolerate with the pain (you know.. suck for an hour.. is very sore).
As I am working at day time these 3 weeks (for new job orientation).. after 4 days, now, Gabriel takes bottle at day time and I will skin to skin him after work, and once at about 7pm.. (before family dinner time), then at about 7:30pm, we will put him in bed by himself. He will awake on and off, to see if anyone in the same room with him, then he will fall back to sleep again. As he drinks from bottle again (although, appetite not good.. only about 7 oz-- may be because he ate solid food, so he felt full).. he will wake up at about 4-5am and he will take another bottle.
Some time, I will skin to skin him at 6am before I go to work, to make him comfort,and let him know that I am leaving with my uniform on.. then he will be an obedience boy.(to drink from bottle)
Also, then when I skin to skin him 1 side, and use my pump to empty another side at the same time. so I can just pump 1 time at lunch.. to save my time.
.......oops.. off the topic tim..
anyway, Elomlly, you need to check with Andrea's gum if she is teething, you can use the cold compress for massage, that will help her to get to bed easier and sleep better.
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-11-9 11:52 AM 發表
Nillie,
It's me again. Any reason that Andrea is not taking milk before she sleeps? in these 2 weeks she's doing very bad for her last meal, usually only around 3-4 oz or only few zips

男爵府

96#
發表於 07-11-11 18:54 |只看該作者
Nillie,

I checked, nothing came out frm her gum yet

hey, it's ok la, we share about our lives ma... Gabriel is really much more behaved compared to Andrea.

how's the new job? you still working for night shift only? you like it better than day shift?

her poo poo problem seems to be solved after we feed her water with spoon (she refused water in cup and bottle). last night, hubby and I were too tired, so let her sleep with my mom. She kept waking up every 15 mins and cried at the beginning (2300), and finally fell to deep sleep until 0000, then she slept until 0300, woke up and played with mom then slept again from 0345 - 0600. But she should be very hungnry coz her last feed was before 2100. She also keeps waking up on and off to check if there are people around her, but even I put her sleep next to me, she still cries crazily, I really don't know what shoud I do. She seems better with my mom from last night, will observe again for today ...

男爵府

97#
發表於 07-11-14 10:17 |只看該作者
elmolly,
difficulty replying..
BK has been deleted my message for 3 days (3 times), I don't have much time on the net... sigh

原文章由 elmolly 於 07-11-11 05:54 AM 發表
Nillie,

I checked, nothing came out frm her gum yet

hey, it's ok la, we share about our lives ma... Gabriel is really much more behaved compared to Andrea.

how's the new job? you still working ...

男爵府

98#
發表於 07-11-15 02:22 |只看該作者
Nillie,

oh.. poor you, maybe next time you should right click to save a copy before you post it, the new BK sucks :tongue:

how's the new job and Gabriel?

I let Andrea to sleep with my mom in these few nights, she sleeps much better, at least can sleep from 9 something at night until 4:30, she can sleep from like 9:30 to 7:00 in average, should I keep let her to sleep with my mom?

hey, I want to know what is the version of Mother Goose in the US is like? is it a few DVD comes with the books? many places in HK can't found it or just a single disc with book, but there were some pack of DVD with books, so I want to know what is it like in the States, if it's there's a combo like of packing, then maybe ask my friend to send it to me.

男爵府

99#
發表於 07-11-15 10:10 |只看該作者
Elmolly,
see ... you are the person who keeps Andrea up whole night long. You should stop sleeping with Andrea in the same bedroom!
Let Andrea sleep in your mom's bedroom.

Gabriel is getting better again.. poor baby.
I am doing fine.. new job... I need to get used to it..

Hey, ask your friend to search from the borders outlet or barnes and noble outlet, plus the Costco, BJ's and Sam's
all those place have wonderful mother goose set..
many of them come with the CD with books, 4CDs+CD player +4 books, sometimes come with slide show machines..
Price is reasonable. Ask them to get the flatrate box from post office. They can just pack everything and send at once.
Also, ask your friends to buy "your baby can read" .. may BK moms told me it works very well on their infants.
If you want it, I can order it for you, and just put your friend's address on it. as sometime i will get the discount (as I always order it for friends).
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-11-14 01:22 PM 發表
Nillie,

oh.. poor you, maybe next time you should right click to save a copy before you post it, the new BK sucks :tongue:

how's the new job and Gabriel?

I let Andrea to sleep with my mom in thes ...

男爵府

100#
發表於 07-11-16 01:32 |只看該作者
Nillie,

good that your job and Gabriel is doing well! can he sleep on his own yet?

I let Andrea to sleep with my mom, just 辛苦阿媽.

Andrea is not drinking milk again today, other than I skin to skin her 2 times in the morning, she had less than 3 oz the whole day for the rest of the day

any web site for the mother goose? is there any dvd with it? how much is it about? how much will that be if you order for me and ship to HK directly? is it possible if I pay for you and you order for me? I ordered "your baby can read" from BK's group order, but Andrea is not interested in it, I also have disney's "play along" and she loves it much more compared with baby can read. she's not interested in the video and only put the word card to her mouth do you have it and does Gabriel like it? I wonder if I should sell it out ...

did you just hire a new nanny? I think I've read it somewhere, I'm now looking for a new helper, this one is making me crazy, but c6 said I'm too demanding wow, asked me to quit my job to take care of Andrea

[ 本文章最後由 elmolly 於 07-11-16 01:33 編輯 ]

首頁

尾頁

跳至