首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 7794

41#
發表於 07-11-3 06:18 |顯示全部帖子
Elmolly,
DO you know about 玫瑰疹??
Gabriel has it today, completely under our expectation (me and other moms who slept over 2 nights ago.. we had Halloween night sleep over parties with other BK families).
Now, Gabriel with all the rash all over his body, and he is complete recover..and very energenic.

That is very important when you re-start bed time training, it must be on a long weekend or your annual leave.. otherwise, both you and Andrea will suffer very very much.
Gabriel is co-bed right now.. still need to comfort him at the night, but I give him bottle.. as he only takes 4-5 oz a meal.. instead of 9-10.5oz.. which he normally takes.

I will wait until he is completely recovered from this sickness, then I will start the bed time training on him again.
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-10-31 12:58 PM 發表
Nillie,

Oh, Gabriel is sick again? The temperature is really high, did you bring him to pedi yet? when they get sick, sleep on their own or not it's really not a matter as long as they feel better.

男爵府

42#
發表於 07-11-9 10:31 |顯示全部帖子
Elmolly,
Does Andrea on formula or complete BF plus solid food?
Did you start your bed time training again?
As Andrea gets older, the harder you train her.
So, once you have a few days off, you gonna try again as you said, you will not send her to your mom's home, and she will not sleep with the filipino maid.
Did you ever introduce Sweet potato, it will help her to move bowel, otherwise, start the Gerber Prune+apple juice. dilute it to 1:3 to 1:2.. that should help.
Gabriel recovered.. but he refused to take the bottle.
And.. I need to wait until Saturday to set up his bed again.. and try to set him on bed.. not easy, but I would try.
I don't want to sleep with him every day. even he will not wake up during the night.
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-11-3 09:49 AM 發表
Nillie,

Yes, I know about 玫瑰疹, actually I had it myself few years ago, it was so strange cause it's usually on babies. Why is it under your expectation? it came and gone so fast on Gabriel...

wow ...

男爵府

43#
發表於 07-11-10 09:32 |顯示全部帖子
Elmolly,
After all of that..
Have you ever think that.. Andrea is suffering from teething.. which lead to poor sleeping, poor appetite and bad temper(insecure)?
Did she have teeth, or are there any more coming out??
That may be a reason which causing problem right now.
And that is what every mom to deal with. Some babies don't cry much, like Amanda.. she doesn't even bit me when she was teething.
However, period to period, time to time, Gabriel will be complete miserable.. as he will scream thru the night, cried every hour.. and fell asleep for 45 mins, then cried for another whole hour... When I applied Oragel on his gum, he will cry even louder for 2-3 mins, then he will able to sleep 3-4 hours.
When he is teething.. he doesn't take night bottle as well.. therefore, he will wake up at mid nite, because he did not drink at 7:30pm.. then, I will try to feed him once, if he refused bottle, I will offer skin to skin if he is teething, normally, he will suck almost an hour for comfort.. I will pull my nipple out when I can't tolerate with the pain (you know.. suck for an hour.. is very sore).
As I am working at day time these 3 weeks (for new job orientation).. after 4 days, now, Gabriel takes bottle at day time and I will skin to skin him after work, and once at about 7pm.. (before family dinner time), then at about 7:30pm, we will put him in bed by himself. He will awake on and off, to see if anyone in the same room with him, then he will fall back to sleep again. As he drinks from bottle again (although, appetite not good.. only about 7 oz-- may be because he ate solid food, so he felt full).. he will wake up at about 4-5am and he will take another bottle.
Some time, I will skin to skin him at 6am before I go to work, to make him comfort,and let him know that I am leaving with my uniform on.. then he will be an obedience boy.(to drink from bottle)
Also, then when I skin to skin him 1 side, and use my pump to empty another side at the same time. so I can just pump 1 time at lunch.. to save my time.
.......oops.. off the topic tim..
anyway, Elomlly, you need to check with Andrea's gum if she is teething, you can use the cold compress for massage, that will help her to get to bed easier and sleep better.
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-11-9 11:52 AM 發表
Nillie,
It's me again. Any reason that Andrea is not taking milk before she sleeps? in these 2 weeks she's doing very bad for her last meal, usually only around 3-4 oz or only few zips

男爵府

44#
發表於 07-11-14 10:17 |顯示全部帖子
elmolly,
difficulty replying..
BK has been deleted my message for 3 days (3 times), I don't have much time on the net... sigh

原文章由 elmolly 於 07-11-11 05:54 AM 發表
Nillie,

I checked, nothing came out frm her gum yet

hey, it's ok la, we share about our lives ma... Gabriel is really much more behaved compared to Andrea.

how's the new job? you still working ...

男爵府

45#
發表於 07-11-15 10:10 |顯示全部帖子
Elmolly,
see ... you are the person who keeps Andrea up whole night long. You should stop sleeping with Andrea in the same bedroom!
Let Andrea sleep in your mom's bedroom.

Gabriel is getting better again.. poor baby.
I am doing fine.. new job... I need to get used to it..

Hey, ask your friend to search from the borders outlet or barnes and noble outlet, plus the Costco, BJ's and Sam's
all those place have wonderful mother goose set..
many of them come with the CD with books, 4CDs+CD player +4 books, sometimes come with slide show machines..
Price is reasonable. Ask them to get the flatrate box from post office. They can just pack everything and send at once.
Also, ask your friends to buy "your baby can read" .. may BK moms told me it works very well on their infants.
If you want it, I can order it for you, and just put your friend's address on it. as sometime i will get the discount (as I always order it for friends).
原文章由 elmolly 於 07-11-14 01:22 PM 發表
Nillie,

oh.. poor you, maybe next time you should right click to save a copy before you post it, the new BK sucks :tongue:

how's the new job and Gabriel?

I let Andrea to sleep with my mom in thes ...

男爵府

46#
發表於 07-11-16 08:16 |顯示全部帖子
it is a bit off the topic..
if you like.. let switch to breast feeding forum..

原文章由 elmolly 於 07-11-15 12:32 PM 發表
Nillie,

good that your job and Gabriel is doing well! can he sleep on his own yet?

I let Andrea to sleep with my mom, just 辛苦阿媽.

Andrea is not drinking milk again today, other than I skin to sk ...

男爵府

47#
發表於 08-4-5 01:31 |顯示全部帖子
elmolly,
you can't expect she will sleep thru the night at the beginning of the bed time training. certainly she will wake up several times during the night, and she can sleep 2 hours, that is a good sign.
Therefore, I always suggest you guys, to start the bed time training at long weekend or vacation leave. because you got 2 persons to take turns.
For Amanda, at the beginning of bed time training, she cried thru the night, and I just let her cries, go in and comfort her, when she was too tried and fell asleep then I left..
remember to prepare more bed linings and towel, and clothes, because she will cry and throw up.
as I was a stay home mom that time.. and my husband did not help me. it takes weeks for her to sleep on her own.
原文章由 elmolly 於 08-4-3 09:03 AM 發表
Nillie,

We just started the bedtime training again last night. Andrea cried for 45 mins then slept but woke up after 2 hours, her dad managed to make her sleep again without getting her out from her ...

男爵府

48#
發表於 08-4-21 06:59 |顯示全部帖子

港嬰睡眠全球最遲最少

港嬰睡眠全球最遲最少 (星島) 04月 01日 星期二 05:30AM (綜合報道)

([url=]星島日報
[/url]報道)香港人生活忙碌,晚睡早起,原來這些習慣對下一代亦有影響。調查發現,香港嬰兒是全球嬰兒中,最夜睡及睡得最少的,而亦有近七成受訪媽媽認為寶寶睡眠有問題。兒科專家建議,父母可以為嬰兒進行恆常的睡前準備,幫助他們入睡,及減少他們夜間醒來的次數。

亞太區兒科睡眠協會於○七及○八年間,進行一項關於全球嬰兒睡眠的調查,就全球十六個國家地區共三萬個○至三歲嬰兒的睡眠狀況、睡眠習慣及媽媽對嬰兒睡眠評估作分析,當中包括一千多名香港嬰兒。

料父母生活習慣影響

調查顯示,香港嬰兒平均在晚上十時十七分入睡,是眾多地區中最遲的,比亞洲國家遲五十分鐘,比歐[url=]美國
[/url]家遲約一小時。而睡眠時間方面,香港嬰兒只睡十二小時十分鐘,比歐洲嬰兒少近一小時。近七成香港家長認為嬰兒受睡眠問題困擾,比歐美的近三成為多。

[url=]香港中文大學
[/url]醫學院兒科學系教授兼亞太區兒科睡眠協會副主席李民瞻醫生表示,孩子愈小,需要的睡眠時間愈長,剛出世嬰兒要睡十六至十八小時,三歲嬰兒則睡十三至十六小時。他指,嬰兒夜睡,可能與父母的習慣有關,又指調查結果顯示香港嬰兒普遍睡眠時間可能不夠。長期缺乏睡眠,會影響嬰兒的專注力、記憶力等,或會有過度活躍等行為障礙。

李民瞻指出,香港嬰兒普遍的睡眠問題是難以入睡及晚上易醒,他建議將室溫調至廿三至廿六度,提供寧靜及合適光暗的環境,並在嬰兒開始有睡意時,讓他上,每天培養定時睡覺的習慣。

美國兒科睡眠專家Dr. Judith Owens 亦謂,缺乏睡眠對嬰兒的免疫力、[url=]新陳代謝
[/url]等生理發展均帶來負面影響,問題可能維持到學前及求學階段,引發長遠慢性問題,情況不容忽視。她建議睡前為嬰兒洗溫水澡、按摩,並進行唱歌、說故事等靜態活動,可有效紓緩嬰兒情緒,令他們更快入睡,提升睡眠質素,減少夜間醒來的次數。記者 莊菀婷

男爵府

49#
發表於 08-4-21 07:02 |顯示全部帖子

香港寶寶 夜貓上身 晚上10時17分入睡 港嬰兒「最夜sleep」

明報) 04月 01日 星期二 05:05AM
【明報專訊】原以為香港人夜睡只限成年人,想不到我們的未來主人翁也有「接班」的潛質。有機構調查全球嬰兒睡眠健康,發現香港嬰兒平均晚上10時17分入睡,比亞洲地區遲51分鐘,較歐洲更遲1小

時有多,成為16個受訪地區中「最夜」的嬰孩。

亞太區兒科睡眠協會副主席李民瞻醫生表示,3歲或以下的嬰兒,每天睡眠時間需有13至18小時,而0至5歲是大腦發展關鍵期,睡眠不足會影響發育,導致專注力及學習能力下降,情緒亦會變得煩躁。

調查由一所嬰兒護理產品公司及亞太區兒科睡眠協會舉辦,於2007至2008年間以網上問卷形式,訪問[url=]美國
[/url]、[url=]加拿大
[/url]、[url=]泰國
[/url]等全球16個地區的母親,查詢約3萬名3歲或以下的嬰兒睡眠習慣,當中包括1049名香港嬰兒。

每天睡12小時 少歐洲1小時

調查顯示,香港嬰兒每天總睡眠時間只有12小時10分,遠遠少於歐洲國家嬰兒近1個小時,入睡時間平均在晚上10時17分,比歐美地區遲1.5小時才入睡,亦是受訪地區當中最遲的。李民瞻醫生表示,香港嬰兒整體睡眠情較其他受訪地區有明顯差距,意味他們的睡覺時間可能不足。

研究亦問及母親對嬰兒睡眠質素的評估,67%受訪香港媽媽認為,嬰兒有睡眠問題,而亞洲及歐美地區的受訪母親,分別有54%及26%遇上同類情。身為[url=]香港中文大學
[/url]醫學院兒科學系教授的李民瞻指出,亞洲父母多與嬰兒同房而睡,此習慣在歐洲不常見,故亞洲父母較能留意嬰兒睡眠健康,而環境的聲音大小、光線強弱亦直接影響嬰兒睡眠質素。

此外,美國布朗大學醫學院兒科學系副教授Dr. Judith Owens說,0至2歲嬰兒每天宜睡16至18小時,3歲嬰兒每天則要睡13至15小時。她解釋︰「嬰兒在睡眠時,體內釋放的生長激素有助嬰兒肌肉發展。」睡眠不足令大腦疲勞,易導致嬰兒反應遲鈍,記憶力和理解能力下降,這些嬰兒較易有情緒和行為問題,影響身心發展。

睡眠不足影響心智發展

Dr. Judith Owens 建議父母培養嬰兒定時睡眠習慣,如每晚為嬰兒進行「睡眠三部曲」。她提醒父母別與嬰兒同而睡,宜把嬰兒置在嬰兒休息。睡房不應放置電子影音產品,盡量營造舒適的休息空間。港人父母多工作繁忙,多數請外傭照顧嬰兒,她表示培養嬰兒睡眠習慣,有助建立親子關係,若假手於人,則無助親子關係發展。若父母想進一步了解嬰兒睡眠質素,可登入www.johnsonsbaby.com.hk/sleep作「自定嬰兒睡眠評估」,以及獲得改善睡眠的建議。

明報記者 彭碧珊

男爵府

50#
發表於 08-6-5 06:13 |顯示全部帖子
mother30,
1. Why her sleeping behaviour is so different for day and night? At night, my girl sometimes can fall asleep on her own. But in daytime, she always needs rocking and holding.
it is the habit, as she learnt it from your way of caring.
Infant sleeps about 20 hours when born, then they stay awake longer as they growth older. when she is about 2.5 months, she may only sleep about 16-18 hours a day.
For your concern, have you check my first message here, the way to set up a sleeping environment?
I will not hold infant on my arm to rock them to sleep personally, as it is a very "harmful--for you" habit. How may months to years you are going to rock your lil girl to take nap at day?? until 4 years old?? you better stop it.
2. How can she sleep better in daytime?
Provide a comfort envorinment for her to take her nap, if she only nap for 10 min to 30 min, wake up without getting cranky. You can just let go, because she is not ready to take the nap sometime. 2-3 naps a day for her will be good enough.
3. How many hours of nap and total sleep should she have for her age?
as I stated above, she is good thru if she takes about 2-3 day naps, and total sleeps about 16-18 hours (naps and night)
原文章由 mother30 於 08-6-2 12:05 PM 發表
Hi, Nillie_Mami,

My baby girl is now 2.5 months old and is exclusively breastfed. She usually goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up around 7-8am. My maid feeds her my milk with bottle at 10pm (a scheduled ...

男爵府

51#
發表於 08-6-6 06:45 |顯示全部帖子
mother30,
Ooomy my,
that is really a problem for a 2.5 months old not sleeping for an hour during the whole day. sure she must be very cranky.
would you mind to tell me what you normally do before nap time?
she sure sleeps well at night as she doesn't able to take quality naps at day time.
bed time training is for over 6 months as their cognitive development get ready.
for day nap, not really have any guideline.
I did not train my 2 children with any day nap, they just have to fall back asleep when they became tired.
Gabriel still naps 2 times a day (17 months) and 2 hours each time. we found that, white noise, key word doesn't work on him. and we found that he will sleep very well when there are people around.. so end up, me and my nanny turn on the radio (chinese cantonese channel), then he just sleeps by himself for about 2 hours each nap.
for Amanda, she needs the white noise, vacuum sound..
every child is unique.. so, you have to try and learn with your daughter.

I would say .. that will be a very bad habit to hold her to sleep, if she really needs a person beside her while she is napping, please just lay down in a bed with her, that will save your arm.. (you will have arm injury once you get tired, and you will use the wrong muscle to carry your girl, just only need about 1-2 weeks, you will suffer from should or joint pain). so avoid holding your infant for prolong period.
原文章由 mother30 於 08-6-5 11:44 AM 發表
Nillie_Mami,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually, my elder son also had sleep problems before. I read books to sleep train him and he sleeps much better now. Therefore, for this 2nd child, I try t ...

男爵府

52#
發表於 08-7-13 20:49 |顯示全部帖子
nap time 應定時間, 視付BB年紀.
太遲Day nap 會影响 bed time quality 呢!
BB應自己訓, 不應手抱!

原文章由 happybabyboy 於 08-7-11 11:28 AM 發表
Nillie_Mami,

想問一下,如果是午睡的話有沒有要留意的地方?是否待BB眼瞓才給他睡,如果不攰就由得他玩耍呢?同埋應該給他抱著睡,還是跟夜晚一樣,讓他自己睡讓他自己喊呢? ...

男爵府

53#
發表於 08-7-19 07:29 |顯示全部帖子
If both of the parents believe that they have no problem with it, I do think that there is an issue at all. And I don't believe that they will accept any third parties suggest in this point. when they need help for bed time training, feel free to ask them to come and ask for advice.
At this point, we can not do anything. coz.. that child's parents do not complain for anything.
原文章由 elmolly 於 08-7-18 12:11 PM 發表
Nillie,

want to ask for my friend, her baby is 1 month older than Andrea, also share the same room with her parents and having problems to sleep and to sleep thru the night. however, my friend's now ...

男爵府

54#
發表於 08-10-6 05:01 |顯示全部帖子
The infant sleeps at the same bedroom with you?
does the infant have his own crib or co-bed with you?
Does he BF or bottle feed?
Daddy snor at night?
when was the last feed at night?
when do you/ your husband and Aidan sleep at night?

原文章由 Aidan+momo 於 08-10-4 07:05 PM 發表

Hi hi! Dunno anyone can help me also...
My son, Aidan, he is 8 months old now. And he stil cannot sleep thru the night! He usually wakes up twice at night... making me and my husband so tired! Any s ...

男爵府

55#
發表於 08-11-10 09:33 |顯示全部帖子
No wonder, but you guys did so well.. if he slept thru 12mid night to 5am.. we would say that he slept thru the night.
that is good if your hubby is the one who gets into Aidan's bedroom. you do not do it, because you will make the situation worse.
he will out growth it very soon.
原文章由 Aidan+momo 於 08-11-9 05:44 PM 發表

So sorry for the late reply... very busy at work lately.
He is 9 months now and he wakes up 1 time at night. I still BF him. At first I thought he was hungry and so i fed him more before he sleep.. ...

男爵府

56#
發表於 08-12-30 04:05 |顯示全部帖子
bbdenis,
I don't use pacifier on my both children, as they refused it anyway, they both are breast feeding angels, so they don't like bottles or teats.
hum.. pacifier is just something to give you and your infant a comfort and relief. if you believe that it can provide the relief you need, who cares what the other people talk about. I don't really care at all. especially, when I did my bedtime training for Amanda, no pacifier. I moved into her room, give her my hand for comfort. after a few weeks, she slept on her own.
I will not stick with 12 hours sleep as it is not healthy for a few months old infant. I will just stick with infant whom can sleep bewteen 12mid night to 5am. that is the meaning for me.. the infant slept thru the night.
even for my son and daughter, they don't sleep 12 hours in a roll. (they are good sleepers).
my son sleeps from 8pm to 6am, my daughter weekday slept from 5:30pm to 8pm, then 9pm to 6am.
As your infant sleeps at the same room with you, when is your bed time? Who else lives with you?
for infants, when it comes to their bed time, they can not accept any interference.
I would say, you should try the bed time training again on your vacation time. not at the weekdays that you need to go to work at the day time. How about your husband, how does he feel about bed time training, you need to have a conversation with him. because it is not the JOB for you. it is a life experience for mom, dad and lil one.
P.S. do not expect that every infant can sleep thru 12 hours, every infant is unique. also, if your infant nap too much or very well at day, he will not want to sleep at night anyway. also, he needs to have a lot of exerises/ or stimulation at day time, so he will feel tired at night, otherwise, he won't be tired.

原文章由 bbdenis 於 08-12-28 10:57 AM 發表

Hi Nille Mama

I am so happy and have "discovered" this subject tonite. I am now basing on Gina Ford and training my almost 7-mmonth old boy. It has started for ard 3 weeks. We follow pretty close t ...

[ 本文章最後由 Nillie_Mami 於 08-12-29 15:07 編輯 ]

男爵府

57#
發表於 09-5-17 21:29 |顯示全部帖子
hee hee... babytomato,
because your lil one knows that she is not in day care at weekend.

you can bring her out, spend an morning outdoor, on the way back in your car, sure she will nap well.
Do not need to set 2 day naps if she doesn't want it. 1 nap will be ok.

before nap time, no play time, better give her a bottle, smooth her in a quiet, dark room.
that will help her to get into nap.

原帖由 babytomato 於 09-5-17 12:30 AM 發表
hi nillie,

do you have any suggestions for daytime nap? my baby is 12.5 months old and she sleeps from around 8:30pm to 6:30am.

on the weekdays she stays at a house daycare (right now she's the onl ...

男爵府

58#
發表於 09-10-19 23:58 |顯示全部帖子
Dear gloglo,
we use Omron, as it is a well known Japanese brand in US for medical supply. Price is reasonable as well.

pls check below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Omron-Comp-Air-Portable-XLT-NEBULIZER-ACCESSORIES_W0QQitemZ200393497289QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea8621ac9

原帖由 gloglo 於 09-10-7 07:34 PM 發表
we usually go our paedi to use the nebuliser where did you buy yours b'cos I want to buy one to keep at home for my gal
Thanks!

首頁

尾頁

跳至