子爵府

積分: 12601

1#
發表於 09-4-10 15:49 |只看該作者
Hi Buddies,

Here we go again !!

Part III :
http://forum.baby-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1046888&page=287#pid32817257

According to edea's instructions, we need to open new topic, so pls cont chatting here !

子爵府

2#
發表於 09-4-10 15:52 |只看該作者
For Sogo Lego,
Buy $100 ==> get 1 free Viking chess set.

Today's gifts were all taken up within 2 mins !

子爵府

3#
發表於 09-4-10 22:58 |只看該作者
GN4,

Went to PTU to 818 tonight, found that the HG handbooks were being sold at $71.x@ ja !
All the other Horr books and Dead Famous books there were $59.5@.

大宅

積分: 4008

4#
發表於 09-4-11 15:23 |只看該作者
Hi there,
Long time no chat here. Too bad my hubby has already bought a Star War Lego for my boy - good enough to get the freebies (obviously we didn't)! If he wasn't "sum-yuen", we could have saved some $ by using the TRU coupons!

BS,
Sorry to hear abt the bullying. My son also complained the boys in his school were rather rough & he asked to change his school! I had no clue to find out how serious the problem was. I only suggested him to hang out with his buddies in a group - hoping the big boys would not touch him.

One question about maid. Does any of you let your maid use your PC at home? I just found my maid used my son's. Last Thu, I saw she was watching google earth (my son's favorite) with my daughter (4.5yo). I was shocked cos I have never asked her to do it. Since my son's PC was not functioning properly these 2 days, I tried to fix it & when I asked if my son has surfed around & hit some virus, he said my maid used his PC to send yahoo email. When my son wanted the PC back, she shoved him away. I am not pleased that she used the PC without asking (me). I don't know how often she uses it esp. when the kids have gone to school. That's why the household chores were not handled promptly enough - last Mon (18'c), she gave summer uniform to my son. She said his clothes were still wet - if she washed the clothes on Fri after school, they couldn't be still wet after Sat & Sun, right? I remember it so clearly because all our laundry bags were full over the weekend! She probably hasn't washed anything for a few days! Sorry to be so long-winded on maid. Can't help it.

[ 本帖最後由 Jsmami 於 09-4-11 15:50 編輯 ]

大宅

積分: 1158

5#
發表於 09-4-11 20:21 |只看該作者
Hi BS,

Are there any HH handbooks in PTU??

I try to find HG book sets at amazon. However, not so cheap now wo... The cheapest 2008 set is nearly GBP 30 and the cheapest 2006 set is nearly GBP 22 or 23.

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-10 22:58 發表
GN4,

Went to PTU to 818 tonight, found that the HG handbooks were being sold at $71.x@ ja !
All the other Horr books and Dead Famous books there were $59.5@.
Gordon_No_4

大宅

6#
發表於 09-4-11 20:36 |只看該作者
Hi Jsmami,

I do not allow my maid to use my PCs and notebooks as they contain so much personal and private info. Moreover, her job does not need a PC or notebook.

In my opinion, you maid is quite 大膽! She used the PCs without asking your permission. Moreover, she is in a way "bullying" your kids. Please also check if she has visited some 唔正經的 websites. Don't let her negatively influence your kids.

A friend of mine, whose maid has bought a notebook and subscribed internet service plan herself. When my friend goes to work during the day, her maid spends a lot of time on internet surfing. Thus her maid's productivity in housework is very low. My friend is not going to renew the contract with her maid anymore.

Recently, I spent some more time at home. I observed that my maid can finish the housework in the morning, in particular during school days. So, when my kids are in secondary, I may not need a full time maid any more then.
Gordon_No_4

侯爵府

積分: 20862

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章 BK Milk勳章

7#
發表於 09-4-12 18:05 |只看該作者
Buddies,

Just back from TPE last night.

It's a very pleasant trip. We ate a lot of nice food and bought a lot of books.

Some books were bought at Taipei Zoo (selected items 70% discount ) and 誠品信義旗艦店 (the largest eslite bookshop in Taipei).

Before the trip, I placed order with 金鼎 (which delivered the books to the hotel I stayed on the 2nd day of arrival) and 博客來 (which sent the books to 7-11 store opposite to the hotel). Overall it's easy and convenient to order online and all books received were all in good condition and nicely wrapped.

Taipei Zoo is really a must-go place for children. We visited 團團 & 圓圓 too.

Bought a set of Lego #7746 Steam-roller from Toysrus at on-sale price TWD795 (equivalent to HK$185). Good price!

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-4-12 18:08 編輯 ]

侯爵府

8#
發表於 09-4-12 18:13 |只看該作者
Just $100 purchase can get a Viking Chess set for FREE??!!

Cut-throat sale!

Do you mean 6/F Sogo?

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-4-10 15:52 發表
For Sogo Lego,
Buy $100 ==> get 1 free Viking chess set.

Today's gifts were all taken up within 2 mins !

[ 本帖最後由 kittylock 於 09-4-12 18:17 編輯 ]

大宅

9#
發表於 09-4-12 20:29 |只看該作者
GN4,
Thanks for your comment. I agree my maid is quite "dai-dam". She never says sorry & only "tours me around". Given she is quite smart in handling my 2 monsters, she knows I need her & often shows me black face. Sigh. Last nite she got ready to watch "You think you can dance" with my daughter & forgot to pick up my son from activity. When I asked, she said, "I thought sir would do it."

子爵府

10#
發表於 09-4-12 20:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 kittylock 於 09-4-12 18:13 發表
Just $100 purchase can get a Viking Chess set for FREE??!!

Cut-throat sale!

Do you mean 6/F Sogo?

KL,

Sorry, not so jetso - should add one more "0" ==>
Buy $1000.
I guess the keyboard was too stiff.

Yes, 6/F Sogo.

子爵府

11#
發表於 09-4-12 20:56 |只看該作者
JsMami,

If your kids don't need to login to do e-homework before you are home, just add the user / administrator password function so she can't login loh.

Seems that your maid is waiting to be fired.

When we were in L-land area in summer 2007, we found a cockroach in our hotel room ==> called room service for emergency assistance ==> an Indonesian staff came along and dealt with the cockroach, and he told me he chatted on the internet with maid(s?) from HK.

I didn't pay much attention to that cos my maid doesn't do such things but it did cross my mind that the employer should be a poor employer who doesn't know that the maid is chatting guy(s) up (probably with a view for marrigage and emigration for better pastures).

子爵府

12#
發表於 09-4-12 20:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 Gordon_No_4 於 09-4-11 20:21 發表
Hi BS,

Are there any HH handbooks in PTU??

I try to find HG book sets at amazon. However, not so cheap now wo... The cheapest 2008 set is nearly GBP 30 and the cheapest 2006 set is nearly GBP 22 or ...

GN4,

No HS Handbooks, will keep on looking cos CWB PTU is conveniently located.

大宅

積分: 2282

13#
發表於 09-4-12 21:44 |只看該作者
Bluestar,

I was thinking the other day that it was a BIG jetso also

大宅

積分: 2282

14#
發表於 09-4-12 21:46 |只看該作者
Jsmami,

I think your maid is somehow at the stage of challenging you since she knows your kids / you are in need of her !!! As suggested by Bluestar, add the login password to the PCs at home.

大宅

15#
發表於 09-4-12 22:00 |只看該作者
I have some interesting stories to share with you buddies here.

I had a big party at home last night. I made a big pot of 鹵水stuff. Since the 汁is still clear, I tell my maid to keep it for making another pot of 鹵水stuff another day.

This morning, I bought some chicken and wanted to make 鹵水chicken. However, I could not find the 鹵水汁 in the refridgerator. So I called my maid (she's on leave today) where she has put it. She told me that she has thrown it away. I asked her how can it be! I have told her to keep it in the first place. She replied me that she thought my instruction was to keep it while we were having dinner. How ridiculous she was!! All food for dinner were supposed to be kept for the whole dinner. There's no point for me to remind her specifically her to keep the 汁. She never cares to reason. Bird brain!

Like the other day. There're some wrinkles on the right shoulder of my suit (because I wear my bag on my right). I asked her to iron the right shoulder for me. After she ironed the shoulder, there's no wrinkles on the shoulder. However, she failed to notice she has made additional wrinkles on the collar because of her ironing. She just hanged it properly without noticing the wrinkles on the collar. How could it be? Can she do her work with a heart?

原帖由 Jsmami 於 09-4-12 20:29 發表
GN4,
Thanks for your comment. I agree my maid is quite "dai-dam". She never says sorry & only "tours me around". Given she is quite smart in handling my 2 monsters, she knows I need her & often sho ...
Gordon_No_4

大宅

16#
發表於 09-4-12 22:33 |只看該作者
BS & RMM,
My husband has added a login password for my son. I even explained to my son what he should say when my maid asked him to give her the password. "Mum & dad said if u want to use the computer, u have to ask them yourself." I hope my maid won't get mad with him. I feel so guilty that I am not around everytime my son complained that my maid hit him. I don't know who to trust. I always ask my maid to explain & she always says my son makes up a story!

子爵府

17#
發表於 09-4-12 23:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 Jsmami 於 09-4-12 22:33 發表
BS & RMM,
My husband has added a login password for my son. I even explained to my son what he should say when my maid asked him to give her the password. "Mum & dad said if u want to use the comput ...

JsMami,

If your son tells you that your maid hit him, you had better believe him.

During our US trip in summer 2005, my son told me that yanyan hit him when he was taking a bath (cos he was playing in the bath), but we didn't know before. But when I asked him whether we should renew contract with her, we had better not renew any more cos she hit him, he said we should renew cos she cooks well (= she is good to him thru his stomach).

But since then if I am at home when yanyan takes a bath for him, I hang around in the bathroom, hopefully to minimize the hitting.

And when I told big pig about it, he said it was about time somebody reprimands piglet when he is naughty, so it might be a good thing woh.

Anyway, ask your son patiently, why maid hit him. And ask him whether he wants the maid to stay or go (renew contract next time or not).
Cos he is the ultimate user.

But from what you've said these 2 days, if I were you, I would find another maid. This one cannot be trusted any more. If you need to "hope that your maid won't get mad with him", it does all of you good to get another one.

Also, you should know your son well enough to judge whether he is telling a lie or not. I tend to believe your son more than your maid.

No need to ask your maid to explain, you are just providing her with a way out ga ja.

[ 本帖最後由 Bluestar 於 09-4-12 23:49 編輯 ]

子爵府

18#
發表於 09-4-12 23:50 |只看該作者
GN4,

I thought the 鹵水sauce can be re-used a few times at least ?
The older the better ga ma ?!

They usually don't use their brains at work ga, the better ones use half of it.

侯爵府

19#
發表於 09-4-13 01:46 |只看該作者
Buddies,

To be honest, may be a bit offence to them, I think all maid (esp Filipino) are expert liars. They are too fond of making up stories to shift all responsibilities away from their shoulders. Quote from my husband: 信一成都會雙目失明!!

Actually turing to black face is 家常便飯 cos they have an"Ace" on hand ... our kids!!

For myself, my maid has been working for me since Kv was 6-month old. She is getting more an d more lazy and showing less respect to us. As I'm afriad that the new one will be even worse cos in every country dogs bite, I just lower my bottom line .....

侯爵府

20#
發表於 09-4-13 01:50 |只看該作者
GN4,

I have a spare brandnew HS Stunning Science Book (hardcover) cos my ebay seller just sent me FOC books incl this one. Do you want to take it at org purchase price $97?

Or any buddies want to take it too?

首頁

尾頁

跳至